PDA

View Full Version : Post something interesting you learned today

Angel of Distraction
04-01-2006, 08:48 PM
In doing research for writing, I discovered that in Arabic numerology, the number 1,000 was understood to represent infinity. There was supposedly a curse on the 1,001 Arabian Nights, wherein if you read the entire collection you would basically have messed with infinity and would go mad.

xanderharris
04-01-2006, 08:49 PM
*In 1985, four people voted for Mr. Potato Head for Mayor of Boise, Idaho.

xanderharris
04-01-2006, 08:50 PM
and also *Babies cannot produce tears until they are at least 7 weeks old.

Angel of Distraction
04-01-2006, 08:51 PM
*In 1985, four people voted for Mr. Potato Head for Mayor of Boise, Idaho.

I thought that would never find me again.

Blandy vs Terrorism
04-01-2006, 08:52 PM
A rewired Nintendo Power Glove can be used to control the Flash.

innocentboy
04-01-2006, 08:52 PM
http://www.waiting.com/waiting.gifs/basicbrain.gif

LenNWallace
04-01-2006, 08:54 PM
LNWallace07: I can't help people being jealous... My life may have it's share of horribly sucky points, but I've got several things on my side
LNWallace07: A reasonably big penis, a weekly internet column published on the same day and site as a column by Warren Ellis, my first comic project is on the verge of getting picked up by a major company, as long as the art passes the tests, and I've found a woman who is both hot as hell, and luridly disgusting and hilarious at the same time that really seems to like me. I am Fanboy GOD!
Kefky: .....Oh, so that it's then? You're just gonna brag now? I gotta now when I should use the block button here...
LNWallace07: No... That was my brag. It's done. I don't need to gloat more than once. Although I might begin refering to myself as Fanboy GOD from now on

Angel of Distraction
04-01-2006, 08:55 PM
http://www.waiting.com/waiting.gifs/basicbrain.gif

*does not compute*

I didn't learn this today, but geologists beleive that about 40,000 years ago, Antarctica was part of a super-continent containing Africa, Australia, India and Antarctica. It had a tropical to sub-tropical climate for years, but when it started drifting south, it got colder, and then the Ice Age helped ensure it would become a big island of ice. There are volcanoes there, and inland pools under the ice.

Blandy vs Terrorism
04-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Mixing strawberry milk and beer together makes a very disgusting drink.

Angel of Distraction
04-01-2006, 08:56 PM
LNWallace07: I can't help people being jealous... My life may have it's share of horribly sucky points, but I've got several things on my side
LNWallace07: A reasonably big penis, a weekly internet column published on the same day and site as a column by Warren Ellis, my first comic project is on the verge of getting picked up by a major company, as long as the art passes the tests, and I've found a woman who is both hot as hell, and luridly disgusting and hilarious at the same time that really seems to like me. I am Fanboy GOD!
Kefky: .....Oh, so that it's then? You're just gonna brag now? I gotta now when I should use the block button here...
LNWallace07: No... That was my brag. It's done. I don't need to gloat more than once. Although I might begin refering to myself as Fanboy GOD from now on

So you learned you're due for a fall?:D

I'm the only one being remotely serious about this....

The Roman Candle
04-01-2006, 08:57 PM
I learned that Shannon likes being pooped on.

innocentboy
04-01-2006, 09:00 PM
give us the goods.
what's the word on the grapevine?

innocentboy
04-01-2006, 09:03 PM
*edit*
never the mind
*/edit*

Humphrey_Lee
04-01-2006, 09:07 PM
That when you're on the manic side of being a manic/depressive you actually are lonlier than when you're on the depressive side...

You see, when you're on the depressive side, you just want to sulk, listen to some emo, and be by yourself... and possibly down a bottle of Jack Daniels.

When you're on the manic side, you have a giant burst of energy and you like to feed that energy to the people around you. But when you come back to your empty one bedroom apartment by yourself like you have been for two years now, well, then all that energy makes you antsy that there's no one around.

And then you masturbate...... alot!

................... fuck.... :-?

LenNWallace
04-01-2006, 09:13 PM
give us the goods.
what's the word on the grapevine?
Hasn't moved in the last couple weeks. We're trying to find a colorist.

innocentboy
04-01-2006, 09:16 PM
Hasn't moved in the last couple weeks. We're trying to find a colorist.
:/

LenNWallace
04-01-2006, 09:18 PM
:/
I'm not worried yet. We've gotten emails from a couple promising candidates.

Angel of Distraction
04-01-2006, 09:21 PM
And then you masturbate...... alot!

................... fuck.... :-?

Take my poster down.