PDA

View Full Version : Adventures of Brisco County Jr. RELEASE DATE + Extras Listing

Cth
03-27-2006, 06:16 AM
That's right, Warner Bros will release the complete series, all 28 TV hours worth (26 episodes and a 2 hour pilot - 1260 mins), on July 18. The set, which is a whopping 8 discs, will retail for $99.98. Of course a Bruce Campbell release wouldn't be complete without bonus material, and Warner Bros doesn't disappoint:

Pilot episode commentary with star Bruce Campbell and creator Carlton Cuse

Brisco's "Book of Coming Things" interactive menu of signature references from the series narrated by Bruce Campbell

A Brisco County Writer's Room - A write-'em cowboy reunion

The History of Brisco Country, Jr. documentary

A Reading From The Book of Bruce featurette

Tools of the Trade interactive gadgets gallery hosted by Campbell

http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/BriscoArt.jpg

The release date is just a few days before the San Diego Comic Con where Campbell was hounded about the show's DVD release last year. What a difference a year can make.

Generic Poster
03-27-2006, 06:17 AM
$100??? Why do they do this to me?

Cth
03-27-2006, 06:18 AM
I dunno if that's suggested manufacturer's price or not.. but I doubt it'll be that much.

Evan the Shaggy
03-27-2006, 06:20 AM

Yeah, Lost spoiled me because its practically the exact same thing for $40. I'm guessing someone will be able to find this set for $60 on the web.

TIP
03-27-2006, 06:23 AM
Kick ass.

T

Artie Pink
03-27-2006, 06:36 AM
But when will Bruce Campbell's Herbie movie hit DVD??!

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000055ZJP.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

joeAR
03-27-2006, 07:09 AM
Woo-hoo. Loved this show when it was on but there's no chance in Hell that i'm paying 100$ for it.

greg donovan
03-27-2006, 07:10 AM
you can watch it here too:

http://television.aol.com/in2tv

they are putting up episodes of brisco on there.

Bill?
03-27-2006, 07:35 AM
nioce. i would gladly pay 100 bones for this. hopefully be able to find it cheaper though.

moonspider
03-27-2006, 07:40 AM
that cover kicks ass

Queen of the Ban Age
03-27-2006, 08:10 AM
I was just mentioning that Bruce didn't know when this'd be out last night, in the Spidey 3 thread.

Mo' Bruce = mo' better.

Cth
03-27-2006, 08:17 AM
And a week after my birthday to boot :)

I'll be sure to post any deals I find on it when I do.

CapnChaos
03-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Larry, we do the dance of joy!

YouStayClassy
03-28-2006, 11:27 AM

Because they know we'll pay anything for it. Bastards.

J. R. Scherer
03-28-2006, 11:33 AM
I dunno if that's suggested manufacturer's price or not.. but I doubt it'll be that much.
That is indeed the MSRP.

http://l.warnerbros.1nc025.com/a/h?m=AJVIEUZ4s1jsehRpoqmdvWk&e=jr.scherer@ingramentertainment.com

I'm sure that some retailers will sell it for less, though--say, in the $70-80 range.

Generic Poster
03-28-2006, 11:44 AM
That is indeed the MSRP.

http://l.warnerbros.1nc025.com/a/h?m=AJVIEUZ4s1jsehRpoqmdvWk&e=jr.scherer@ingramentertainment.com

I'm sure that some retailers will sell it for less, though--say, in the $70-80 range.

Crap. That's still too much. My price-point for a TV season is $45.

J. R. Scherer
03-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Crap. That's still too much. My price-point for a TV season is $45.
Look for it in used DVD stores then. Otherwise, the retailer would have to take a $20+ loss on it.

Generic Poster
03-28-2006, 12:02 PM
I don't understand the pricing of some of these DVD sets. I am almost positive (even though I have no data to back this up) that the manufacturers would sell at least 3 times as many dvds at $45 a pop than they would at $100. I mean, there's no fucking way I'm paying $100 for this, or the original Star Trek, or Deadwood, or any of the other stuff I want. At $45, though, I wouldn't think twice about snagging all these things.

Cth
03-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Yeah, I figure it'd be $65. Some of the new box sets are coming in at that price, especially niche stuff.

Of course, places like Best Buy will drop it further.

Look at FLASH.. it came out at 35-45 and then jumped back to 65 the following week.

Akira
03-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Wow, as much as I love this series, I'm seriously gonna pass on it unless it hits actual retail for a lot less. My only hope is DeepDiscountDvd.com. They have some of the best prices online, but for this the demand vs supply (I doubt that stores will be flooded with this set) may force them to come close to regular price.

J. R. Scherer
03-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I figure it'd be $65. Some of the new box sets are coming in at that price, especially niche stuff.

Of course, places like Best Buy will drop it further.

Look at FLASH.. it came out at 35-45 and then jumped back to 65 the following week.
Cost is $60-65. I'd be very surprised to see it priced lower than $70. They have to make some money on it.

Generic Poster
03-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Cost is $60-65. I'd be very surprised to see it priced lower than $70. They have to make some money on it.

Best Buy uses loss-leaders all the time. See, e.g., pretty much every CD.

J. R. Scherer
03-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Best Buy uses loss-leaders all the time. See, e.g., pretty much every CD.
This is very true. Anyone remember what they priced the Star Trek sets at when they originally streeted? They also have the $99.99 MSRP. I doubt that they'll price Brisco that low, but it'd give us a good idea of what to expect.

Generic Poster
03-28-2006, 01:02 PM
This is very true. Anyone remember what they priced the Star Trek sets at when they originally streeted? They also have the $99.99 MSRP. I doubt that they'll price Brisco that low, but it'd give us a good idea of what to expect.

Good point. I don't think these were discounted much at all.

J. R. Scherer
03-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Good point. I don't think these were discounted much at all.
It's times like these that I'm glad I work for a wholesaler.

The Roman Candle
03-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Hot shit. This is going on my birthday list for sure. Wish there were more episode commentaries, though.

CapnChaos
03-28-2006, 01:37 PM
I don't understand the pricing of some of these DVD sets. I am almost positive (even though I have no data to back this up) that the manufacturers would sell at least 3 times as many dvds at $45 a pop than they would at $100. I mean, there's no fucking way I'm paying $100 for this, or the original Star Trek, or Deadwood, or any of the other stuff I want. At $45, though, I wouldn't think twice about snagging all these things.
The reason Brisco will be a bit higher is because of the slightly higher episode count and the fact that it's a cult show that will not sell a metric ton of sets like Lost.

The reason Star Trek sets (and X-Files sets, until recently) are so expensive even though they WILL sell a lot of them is because they want to screw over the fans that will pay that much .

J. R. Scherer
03-28-2006, 01:48 PM
The reason Brisco will be a bit higher is because of the slightly higher episode count and the fact that it's a cult show that will not sell a metric ton of sets like Lost.

The reason Star Trek sets (and X-Files sets, until recently) are so expensive even though they WILL sell a lot of them is because they want to screw over the fans that will pay that much .
Yep.

Pretty much.

YouStayClassy
03-28-2006, 02:08 PM

I agree with that, but find it puzzling stuff like Friends and South Park is so cheap, even when it first comes out.

J. R. Scherer
03-28-2006, 02:20 PM
I agree with that, but find it puzzling stuff like Friends and South Park is so cheap, even when it first comes out.
Because they will sell more units overall. These higher priced sets are designed to bilk the niche market. Also, the Brisco set is larger than average.

Lab-Rat
03-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Oh thank you! I'm totally going to buy this when it comes out...even if it has the $99.99 price tag.

CapnChaos
03-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Because they will sell more units overall. These higher priced sets are designed to bilk the niche market. Also, the Brisco set is larger than average.
Plus, your average Friends fan will balk a lot more at paying more than $50 for a season than someone buying Enterprise.

Actually, South Park was somewhat overpriced when it first came out. And it's still on the high end considering how many episodes there usually are in a season.

YouStayClassy
03-28-2006, 04:32 PM
Plus, your average Friends fan will balk a lot more at paying more than $50 for a season than someone buying Enterprise.

Actually, South Park was somewhat overpriced when it first came out. And it's still on the high end considering how many episodes there usually are in a season.

I suppose... that Friends Season 10 Special Edition sure blew out of our store though while the regular one just sat there. And I didn't know South Park didn't do full 22 episode seasons, so yeah, they were very overpriced then.

CapnChaos
03-28-2006, 04:44 PM
I suppose... that Friends Season 10 Special Edition sure blew out of our store though while the regular one just sat there. And I didn't know South Park didn't do full 22 episode seasons, so yeah, they were very overpriced then.
Most of the South Park seasons are 12-18 episodes.

YouStayClassy
05-10-2006, 06:50 AM
Updated special features listings, as well of pics of the back cover.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5629

MysterioXIII
05-10-2006, 07:29 AM
What's the UK release date?