PDA

View Full Version : Ares Joining a Team

Clint Romag
03-22-2006, 01:15 PM
If Ares joins the Avengers and Mike writes it, then I'm fine with it. But if another writer is doing it, I fear Ares will become more of a generic character without going much into his mythology.

I would've loved if Oeming could write an ongoing series about Ares. Mike has said in recent interviews that he would love to do that, then he could delve deep into Greek Mythology and other mythologies around the world.

I love Greek Mythology and Marvel hasn't really done much with it except for the occasional appearance of Hercules. They could do so much with the other gods, monsters, heroes and demons. Plus it would great to see more of the other Mythologies like Celtic, Aztec and all the others

Rick America
03-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Based on Previews, interviews coming out of conventions, Joe Fridays, and such, I am starting to think this New Avengers thing is a red herring --- too obvious. I am starting to think Civil War causes one member of the Fantastic Four to take a leave of absense and Ares joins that team --- perhaps using Thor's hammer?