PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to start... THE PROJECT!

TheTravis!
03-14-2006, 08:45 PM
I have 27 longboxes full of comics. As of right now, none of them are bagged or boarded.

I have decided to bag and board all of the boxes, and catalogue what I am missing from my collection that I want to go out and find.

As part of this, I will also be culling a bunch of stuff I don't want anymore.A bunch of random indie stuff, some old Valiant and Image, etc.

I am scared for my immortal soul.

I begin THE PROJECT this weekend. Wish me well.

Your Pal, Carl
03-14-2006, 08:47 PM
I have 27 longboxes full of comics. As of right now, none of them are bagged or boarded.

I have decided to bag and board all of the boxes, and catalogue what I am missing from my collection that I want to go out and find.

As part of this, I will also be culling a bunch of stuff I don't want anymore.A bunch of random indie stuff, some old Valiant and Image, etc.

I'm going through this now and all I can say is "good luck."

Lab-Rat
03-14-2006, 08:56 PM
I've been going therough this off and on for a few months. Good luck.

Angel of Distraction
03-14-2006, 08:59 PM
I still don't have enough to make a project of it.

TheTravis!
03-14-2006, 09:01 PM
I still don't have enough to make a project of it.

My LCS guys estimate that a lonmgbox will hold about 350 comics without bags or boards.

I have 27 longboxes.

That is almost 10,000 comics.

kill me

Angel of Distraction
03-14-2006, 09:01 PM
kill me

Already did.;-)

TheTravis!
03-14-2006, 09:04 PM
Already did.;-)
?

Weirdo.

Your Pal, Carl
03-14-2006, 09:05 PM
My LCS guys estimate that a lonmgbox will hold about 350 comics without bags or boards.

I have 27 longboxes.

kill me
That's about right. 350 without bags or boards, about 250-275 with. The consolation is that if you're getting rid of some books you won't need as many bags as you currently have comics, and you may not even have to buy more long boxes to compensate for the space lost due the the boards and bags.

Taxman
03-14-2006, 09:05 PM

I have 27 longboxes.

kill meYou'll need more boxes.

Angel of Distraction
03-14-2006, 09:06 PM
?

Weirdo.

*sigh*

My very first public comic script is so quickly forgotten....kill most of the board and you only get one or two minutes of notoriety...:sad:

TheTravis!
03-14-2006, 09:07 PM
That's about right. 350 without bags or boards, about 250-275 with. The consolation is that if you're getting rid of some books you won't need as many bags as you currently have comics, and you may not even have to buy more long boxes to compensate for the space lost due the the boards and bags.
I don't know that I'm getting rid of SO many that I will really save any space, though. I tend to think I'll need two or three new boxes. But maybe I'm wrong.

I'm going to send Goddard all the indie crap I don't want. There may be something in there he likes.

Angel of Distraction
03-14-2006, 09:09 PM
You should do a free stuff thread like...whoever that is who always does free stuff threads.

james michael
03-14-2006, 09:10 PM
:(
i thought you were gonna work on a lil travis

TheTravis!
03-14-2006, 09:11 PM
You should do a free stuff thread like...whoever that is who always does free stuff threads.
I honestly don't think anyone is going to want the kind of stuff I'm giving away.

For example: I had a roommate who moved out owing me some back rent. He told me in exchange, I could keep the boxes of comics he left behind. So I am now the proud owner of 27 copies of Spawn #1. Whoopdie Shit. I think one of them may be chromium.

If 26 people here on the board wanted a copy of Spawn #1, I would be happy to ship it to them.

Angel of Distraction
03-14-2006, 09:11 PM

:shock:

"Honey, he said his first word! Listen! Listen! Say it for mommy!"

"ga ga ga...fuck. Hee hee ha!"

james michael
03-14-2006, 09:12 PM
I honestly don't think anyone is going to want the kind of stuff I'm giving away.

For example: I had a roommate who moved out owing me some back rent. He told me in exchange, I could keep the boxes of comics he left behind. So I am now the proud owner of 27 copies of Spawn #1. Whoopdie Shit. I think one of them may be chromium.

If 26 people here on the board wanted a copy of Spawn #1, I would be happy to ship it to them.
i support the black man...
send me one...

Your Pal, Carl
Isn't one of him enough?

james michael

my baby cousins first word was shit, so its not impossible...

TheTravis!

You don't have to be Nostradamus to predict this.

Angel of Distraction
03-14-2006, 09:13 PM

:lol:

If I watched TV I would probably have a comic guy quote for this situation...

james michael
Isn't one of him enough?
:x
theres never enough travis!!!

Your Pal, Carl

You never know. You said you had some Valiant stuff. I might be interested in some of that.

Angel of Distraction
my baby cousins first word was shit, so its not impossible...

Cookie here. I knew what I wanted.:D

Angel of Distraction
03-14-2006, 09:14 PM
You never know. You said you had some Valiant stuff. I might be interested in some of that.

Valiant? Any Mario or Zelda in there? I used to get those....:surrend:

TheTravis!
03-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Well, when I get a little but deeper into it, I will start a free stuff thread.

I might also just take all the stuff I don't want and bring it to my LCS for credit. Even if I get, like 20 bucks out of the deal, that's still a trade I want, in exchange for a bunch of crap I don't.

Brandon191
03-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Man, that's going to take you forever. I don't envy you.

Your Pal, Carl
03-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Well, when I get a little but deeper into it, I will start a free stuff thread.

I might also just take all the stuff I don't want and bring it to my LCS for credit. Even if I get, like 20 bucks out of the deal, that's still a trade I want, in exchange for a bunch of crap I don't.
Just make sure your LCS is willing to take it. Either way, good luck.

TheTravis!
03-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Man, that's going to take you forever. I don't envy you.

It's not going to be quick. The upside is that I can do it a little bit at a time. And that my girlfriend is going to help me.

james michael
03-14-2006, 09:25 PM
It's not going to be quick. The upside is that I can do it a little bit at a time. And that my girlfriend is going to help me.
so...
no lil travis?

Taxman
03-14-2006, 09:26 PM
So I am now the proud owner of 27 copies of Spawn #1. Whoopdie Shit. I think one of them may be chromium.:lol:

TheTravis!
03-14-2006, 09:26 PM
so...
no lil travis?

Not this year.

jason hissong
03-14-2006, 09:27 PM
Wow. That's a project and then some.

what I love about doing that, though, is that you're sorting and organizing and then you see something that you don't remember you had or you wanted to read for a bit and there it is.

Also, there's a certain meticulousness that appeals to me.

Your Pal, Carl
03-14-2006, 09:27 PM
Help? Shit, make her do the whole fucking thing. She's not working. :)

TheTravis!
03-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Help? Shit, make her do the whole fucking thing. She's not working. :)
She has school. And a life.

TheTravis!
03-14-2006, 09:29 PM
Wow. That's a project and then some.

what I love about doing that, though, is that you're sorting and organizing and then you see something that you don't remember you had or you wanted to read for a bit and there it is.

Also, there's a certain meticulousness that appeals to me.
Jen is using it as an excuse to make a reading list from my collection.

I'm excited because I used to love going to cons and shops and digging for back issues. This is going to help me make a list of holes in my collection I need to plug.

james michael
03-14-2006, 09:31 PM
Jen is using it as an excuse to make a reading list from my collection.

I'm excited because I used to love going to cons and shops and digging for back issues. This is going to help me make a list of holes in my collection I need to plug.
IM SICK OF READING ABOUT BOARDERS LOVE LIVES!!!
SHUT UP!!!

jason hissong
03-14-2006, 09:31 PM
Good for her. I'm excited for her that she'll get to read some of the stuff she's missed out on the last few months.

Definately. Sometimes digging is a lot of the joy of comics.

Your Pal, Carl
03-14-2006, 09:34 PM
IM SICK OF READING ABOUT BOARDERS LOVE LIVES!!!
SHUT UP!!!
:lol:

TheTravis!
03-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Good for her. I'm excited for her that she'll get to read some of the stuff she's missed out on the last few months.

If she goes back far enough in my collection, she's going to get to read some of the stuff she's missed out on since 1977.

jason hissong
03-14-2006, 09:35 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha!

copypastepuke
03-14-2006, 09:41 PM
i need to go through my three boxes and find the holes in my collection. and then FILL THEM UP.

The Human Target
03-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Make Fu help.

I gotta get rid of a bunch of shit and bag and board loads of shit too. This summer hopefully.

Guy H
03-14-2006, 11:17 PM

i feel for ya.. i started a month or so ago on 100-110 short boxes and the 750+ tpbs/hcs i have.. got the hc/tpbs done first.. then started on the boxes.. i'm down to about 10-15 i think.. of course during this i found a shitload of stuff that really aren't considered tpbs but aren't just regular comics either.. basically the stuff like gotham by gaslight and prestige type stuff.. so i've been putting them off to the side..

i should finish around 17000 single issues.. i'm up to about 775-780 tpb/hcs .. and god i'm guessing over 150-200 prestige type stuff.. and then there's the doubles.. so far about 1800-1900.. but now with the comic book collector database i've got them almost all in and now know what i'm missing..

add in the finding of stuff i didn't know i had.. and stuff i remember enjoying and it's been quite fun..

good luck with it all..

Travis M. Bierwagen
03-15-2006, 12:57 AM
I'm only about half way through my 8 boxes of bagged & boarded stuff.

I had to convince some people that just because I was giving away my stuff that I wasn't going to off myself. :rofl:

On another note some guy came into my LCS and ordered 200 packages (100 count) of bags and boards! He paid for it all upfront... but YIKES! :scared:

SteveZegers
03-15-2006, 03:28 AM
I did this a couple of summers ago. It was fun. Didn't take as long as I thought it would either.