PDA

View Full Version : You Convinced Me To Buy Kabuki.

Donal DeLay
03-13-2006, 08:28 AM
I always love your art when I see it. I even loved the short Kabuki story I saw in an anthology a few years ago. (it was about 4 pages)

But this makes me want to buy the first TPB this weekend.

Ha ha!
I really like you Alex. I really enjoyed this. And I have to say, I pretty much agree. When I was younger had a several visits to the emgergency room in the hospital. Once, my eyeball was scratched from someone putting his thumbnail in my eye during football, and a couple other times I had to get stitches in my face when someone hit me in the head with a brick, and another time with a rock, and once was shot in the leg. So I got so sick of going to the emergencey room (I had a collection of those little wrist ID tags they give you) and getting stitches and then getting the woozy meds.
I just didn't take them either. And I don't take any kind of med at all. Not even aspirin.
And for over 13 years I didn't even go to a doctor or hospital at all, I was so sick of it. The last two times I needed stitches (once in my right hand, and once in my foot), I just stitched it up myself with a regular needle and thread. And in 2002 when I broke my thumb on my bike, I just set it myself, and wrapped it in a protective box. That actually did hurt like a mother fucker and had me sweating all the time.
In retrospect, I probably should have went to the emergency room for that, but it was right before I was to catch a plane to Australia, and I didn't want to screw that up.

The funny thing is, that I went to the doctor last year for the first time since high school. And you know why? It was because I saw Lance Armstrong talking on Oprah about going to get your balls checked so you don't get cancer. Him talking about how he ignored it and his balls swelling up like lemons freaked me out so much that I went for a check up immediately even though I felt fine. I'm glad to say, that after a very thorough (and not so gentle) hands on inspection of my equipment, the doctor proclaimed me 100% fine in all areas.

So, listen to Lance and get the check up.
But in most cases, I agree that we don't need so much pills, pill, pills.

AvidFan
03-13-2006, 11:35 AM
I really should read more of the posts here!!!! :0 :) :) :)

AF.

MACK!
03-13-2006, 03:44 PM
I always love your art when I see it. I even loved the short Kabuki story I saw in an anthology a few years ago. (it was about 4 pages)

But this makes me want to buy the first TPB this weekend.

HA!
I'm glad to hear that!
I should talk about my wounds and private doctor visits more often.

Please let me know what you think of the first TPB when you read it.
If you like that post, you should like the story :)

Lazy_Metaphors
03-13-2006, 07:56 PM
This is officially the most bizarre reason I've ever heard for picking up a comic.

I approve wholeheartedly!

Donal DeLay
03-13-2006, 11:06 PM
This is officially the most bizarre reason I've ever heard for picking up a comic.

I approve wholeheartedly! I'm affraid if I don't he'll kick my ass.

:mistrust:

AvidFan
03-14-2006, 06:22 AM
I'm beginning to feel a little unease about where all this reading of Kabuki will take me!!!

what with the gun shots, police record and martial arts I think he may be able to do a lot worse than kick people's ass!!! :o ;)
I'm sure you can safely bet it will be one hell of an ass kicking!

scaredly yours
andy.

Jacob Lyon Goddard
03-14-2006, 09:46 AM
you wraped that thumb cast yourself?
looked pro

MACK!
04-07-2006, 06:16 AM
you wraped that thumb cast yourself?
looked pro

Thanks for the compliment :)
Yeah I was wrapped at some cons in 2002. Australia, New Zealand, Philly, maybe Pittsburgh and some others.
At the shows, it was just a simple wrap.
Outside of the shows, I also put a sort of cardboard box thing around it to protect it because I kept bumping it into things. So I had to sleep with a sort of box around it so I didn't wake myself up in pain.