PDA

View Full Version : Newsradio dvds extras...

(akaRyanHoffman)
03-20-2005, 10:23 AM
from tvshowsondvd.com:

This past Monday saw the formal announcement - finally! - of the May 24, 2005 release of NewsRadio - The Complete 1st and 2nd Seasons. At the bottom of that story, we posted a look at the back cover, but cautioned our readers that "the list of extras really can't be made out, and we're not sure if that's been updated to include all the new supplements which are supposed to be added."

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment answered that issue yesterday afternoon by distributing a new picture of the back cover of the box. As you can see by looking at it below, there is no redesign; the layout remains the same. But the blue "Special Features" box has definitely changed. This time it's readable, and you can more easily make out the list of extras this set will contain:

Season Two Gag Reel
Commentaries on 20 episodes from the Cast and Creators
Featurette
Filmographies
Weblinks

That matches up exactly with the hints we had gotten, which were mentioned in the second paragraph of our last NewsRadio story. Worth waiting a year-and-a-quarter for? Well, commentaries on 20 episodes (out of the 29 included in the set) is a LOT!

J. R. Scherer
03-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Cool. May 24th is going to be a big DVD day for me.

Blake Sims
03-20-2005, 10:38 AM
holy shit
i cant believe its actually coming out!!
i will totally buy this

Freeway
03-20-2005, 10:44 AM
This rocks. I loved NewsRadio, but it got crappy after Phil Hartman died.

But the first few seasons owned. Dave Foley is a genius.

J. R. Scherer
03-20-2005, 10:46 AM
I love the episode where Phil Hartman's character won't let them get rid of the vending machine because the moldy old sandwiches in it remind him of the sandwiches his mother used to make for him.

Blake Sims
03-20-2005, 11:28 AM
I love the episode where Phil Hartman's character won't let them get rid of the vending machine because the moldy old sandwiches in it remind him of the sandwiches his mother used to make for him.

haha that was great
he ate them and got sick :lol:

Plain Abraham Lincoln
03-20-2005, 11:58 AM
man oh man I can not wait for this DVD. Newsradio used to be on 6 times a day here (6!!!), with only 2 of those being doubles, and I used to watch them all. I still love to remember all the great quotes from that show i quote to this day such as:

"I'm going to say to you the same thing I said to my brother last Thanksgiving- give me back my money!"

and

"What Happened!?"

god how I've missed that show.