PDA

View Full Version : Is the House of M TPB out yet?

cmoney
02-23-2006, 02:07 PM
I ask because I have a pre-order placed on Amazon that contains it, JLA: Rock of Ages, and the Death/Return of Donna Troy TPB, all of which are listed as "ships within 24 hours" (and the other two I'm pretty sure HAVE been released), yet it says they won't be delivered until mid-March. And I'm really itching to re-read Rock of Ages...

TonyFleecs
02-23-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm pretty sure it is. Amazon says yes.

cmoney
02-23-2006, 02:14 PM
I'm pretty sure it is. Amazon says yes.

Yes, it does. So the question remains: why does an order placed on February 2, containing items which are all currently available (I realize they weren't necessarily at that time) and listed as "ships within 24 hours", still require three more weeks to be sent to me? Rhetorical question, I suppose, but I'm jonesing for more Morrison JLA after re-reading all my other trades (I have no idea why I didn't previously own "Rock of Ages," so don't ask :)).

Ben
02-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Bookstores like Amazon, get TPBs after comic stores do. So that might explain how the trade is out but it still hasn't shipped yet.

justjeffery
02-23-2006, 02:20 PM
Yeah, it came out a few weeks ago.

TonyFleecs
02-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Yes, it does. So the question remains: why does an order placed on February 2, containing items which are all currently available (I realize they weren't necessarily at that time) and listed as "ships within 24 hours", still require three more weeks to be sent to me? Rhetorical question, I suppose, but I'm jonesing for more Morrison JLA after re-reading all my other trades (I have no idea why I didn't previously own "Rock of Ages," so don't ask :)).
Did you go with the free shipping? I did that with the big Buffy box set, took about that long.

Joe Henderson
02-23-2006, 02:32 PM
I ordered it with free super saver shipping a week and a half ago, got it a week ago. I'm guessing it's one of the other books holding the order up...

Does anyone else have it? I swear they changed some of Xavier's dialogue in issue #1 to line it up with Whedon's Astonishing run, but don't have the original copies to compare.

dantheman
02-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Basically, Amazon takes a long time to ship trades that have just been released, my copy of Absolute Watchmen arrived about a month after its official release date but on the flip side it was $30 less than I would have paid at my LCS.

Ben
02-23-2006, 02:45 PM
I ordered it with free super saver shipping a week and a half ago, got it a week ago. I'm guessing it's one of the other books holding the order up...

Does anyone else have it? I swear they changed some of Xavier's dialogue in issue #1 to line it up with Whedon's Astonishing run, but don't have the original copies to compare.
What pages are you referring to? I have the originals at home and could check.

Joe Henderson
02-23-2006, 02:56 PM
What pages are you referring to? I have the originals at home and could check.

When the X-Men walk in and Xavier says "I hated how things ended between us--"
and then Cyclops: "You made it quite clear you weren't going to be involving yourself with us, and you weren't exactly nice about it". I swear those lines were different, but it might just be me...

Criden
02-23-2006, 02:57 PM
When the X-Men walk in and Xavier says "I hated how things ended between us--"
and then Cyclops: "You made it quite clear you weren't going to be involving yourself with us, and you weren't exactly nice about it". I swear those lines were different, but it might just be me...

Those sound like the original lines to me, Joe.

Joe Henderson
02-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Those sound like the original lines to me, Joe.

They could very well be.

Caska
02-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Just checked it is the exact same.

Ben
02-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Did they edit out the scene were Wolverine poops on the conference table?

Bandit Chimera
02-23-2006, 03:17 PM
yes i saw it in my local comic shop yesterday ....and a few of the other house of M books too

Joe Henderson
02-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Just checked it is the exact same.

Awesome, thanks for checking. Looks like I'm just a bit crazy...

cmoney
02-23-2006, 03:31 PM
I actually pre-order tons of trades from Amazon, so I know they don't ship the same time as the comic shops do. Though in the past, almost without fail, they have ended up shipping books separately that were released earlier, even when lumped together into a single order for free shipping. That could very well have been because they were coming from different warehouses, I suppose. I even had a recent order split into four different packages and sent on the same day...ah well, guess I'll just have to wait for my JLA fix until I get back from California next month...

TheTravis!
02-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Bought it today.

jason hissong
02-23-2006, 05:14 PM
I'm so torn on buying this big events in issues or trades.

Because I really like House of M, and would prefer it as a trade, but I already have the issues.

xyzzy
02-23-2006, 05:17 PM
I'm so torn on buying this big events in issues or trades.

Because I really like House of M, and would prefer it as a trade, but I already have the issues.

Have it, and all of the tie ins, custom bound into one big volume. That would be pretty cool.

jason hissong
02-23-2006, 05:18 PM
There's an idea.