PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: Monty Python's Personal Best premieres on PBS tonight!

Sy-Klone
02-22-2006, 02:57 AM

“Monty Python’s Personal Best,” a series of six outrageous one-hour specials showcasing the groundbreaking comedians with new footage and original clips, will premiere on PBS February 22, 2006.

Each episode will include members of the original Monty Python troupe performing in favorite clips from their unorthodox television series, “Monty Python’s Flying Circus,” repurposed with exclusive new material. Each of the five living Pythons — John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin — produced and wrote his own episode, and collaborated to create the sixth special in honor of deceased member Graham Chapman. The episodes will air over a three week period in two-hour blocks on PBS on February 22, March 1 and March 8.

"Monty Python's Flying Circus" Returns to PBS in April 2006

The "Pythons" burst onto the scene in October 1969 when "Monty Python's Flying Circus" debuted in Britain on the BBC to a startled UK audience. The series' 45 episodes ran until December 1974. American audiences were first introduced to such phrases as "nudge, nudge, wink, wink," "naughty bits" and "nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!" when local PBS stations obtained broadcast rights to the series in 1974. The series returns to PBS in April 2006.

So if you don't have anything else to watch tonight, this should be fun. I know Veronica Mars is a rerun, and I believe there's not a new episode of Lost tonight (though you may want to verify that).

:)

TIP
02-22-2006, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the reminder!!!

T

Artie Pink
02-22-2006, 07:23 AM
OUTSTANDING!! Thanks!

Flonk
02-22-2006, 07:25 AM
cooooooooooooooool!

TyPierce
02-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the reminder!

My DVR is going to be so funny after this...

Evan the Shaggy
02-22-2006, 08:21 AM
I'm still trying to get through the complete collection dvd series. Its gonna take me years.

Sy-Klone
02-22-2006, 10:29 AM
The only thing is, my PBS station stinks. They're not airing them right. The first two hours will air tonight and next Wednesday at 10pm, and then the other episodes will all air in late night hours, e.g. 1am, 2am, etc. I guess Python's a tad too racy for my local PBS station.

I've been meaning to pick up that megaset. It's an awful lot of money to plop down at one time, though. :)

WinterRose
02-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Charlotte NC sucks. According to yahoo, it was running on PBS tonight. That must be for cable cos on the independant PBS channel 42 (WTVI) and the statewide university public TV system channel 58 (WUNG) they're running Masterpiece theater and some special on a train to the Adirondack mountains.

Not exactly surprising as the most racy thing they might air at any given time from the BBC is 'Are You Being Served?'. Or Britcoms where the protagonists are at LEAST 60 years old. Usually preceeded by Lawrence Fucking Welk. One gets the idea the target demographic for public TV in Charlotte is the 70 to DEAD crowd. Sweet evil FUCK Charlotte sucks!

moonspider
02-22-2006, 06:06 PM
damn....it'll air tomorrow in NYC...oh well, thanks though--almost forgot about this

Flonk
02-22-2006, 11:15 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaand I forgot to tape it. :(

Your Pal, Carl
02-22-2006, 11:27 PM
They only aired 1 episode tonight on my station. I only caught part of it, but they're replaying it in an hour on the digital channel.

DeleriumTremens
02-22-2006, 11:34 PM
I couldn't find it on my cable box.

Sy-Klone
02-23-2006, 02:39 AM
Geez, I'm sorry that everyone had trouble finding it. I know that my PBS station is going to be airing the episodes erratically, so I'd assume other stations might do the same.

If you go to the PBS website, you can find a TV schedule for your area of the country, and hopefully you can search it and find the listings.

www.pbs.org

Click on "TV Schedules" at the top.

Again, sorry about any confusion.

AAlgar
02-23-2006, 02:42 AM
Geez, I'm sorry that everyone had trouble finding it. I know that my PBS station is going to be airing the episodes erratically, so I'd assume other stations might do the same.

If you go to the PBS website, you can find a TV schedule for your area of the country, and hopefully you can search it and find the listings.

www.pbs.org

Click on "TV Schedules" at the top.

Again, sorry about any confusion.

It's all your fault, Coward!

JABSEN
02-23-2006, 04:24 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaand I forgot to tape it. :(Ditto. I caught the tail-end.

Ziolko
02-23-2006, 05:15 AM
I managed to catch the last part of the Eric Idle episode and watched the entire Graham Chapman one. Good stuff. Man, it's crazy how old they all look now (except for Graham, who looks dead *rim shot*)

AAlgar
02-23-2006, 05:18 AM
I managed to catch the last part of the Eric Idle episode and watched the entire Graham Chapman one. Good stuff. Man, it's crazy how old they all look now (except for Graham, who looks dead *rim shot*)

Did they bring his ashes, like in that HBO special?

Ziolko
02-23-2006, 05:20 AM
Did they bring his ashes, like in that HBO special?

No, but that would have been great. Though they would have had to bring the mini-vac as well again. :lol:

TIP
02-23-2006, 06:19 AM
Intercourse the penguin!!!

T

Ziolko
02-23-2006, 06:32 AM
Intercourse the penguin!!!

T

:lol: Best part of that was watching Cleese almost lose it, and he's not an easy nut to crack.

TIP
02-23-2006, 06:38 AM
:lol: Best part of that was watching Cleese almost lose it, and he's not an easy nut to crack.

Agreed.

T

Your Pal, Carl
02-23-2006, 10:26 AM
The Silly walk bit had me cry-laughing in bed as I was trying to fall asleep.