PDA

View Full Version : i just took a shot in the ass...

Jonny Z
04-11-2005, 09:39 AM
of cortisone.

my throat is swollen shut so that should open things up so i can actually intake liquids and hopefully solids... it'll save me a trip to the hospital to get the terry shaivo special.

my mono blood test came back negative, so now the doc has no clue what i have til the throat culture comes back

Raphael J
04-11-2005, 09:39 AM
You may have Count Choculitis.

Rick_O
04-11-2005, 09:53 AM
of cortisone.

my throat is swollen shut so that should open things up so i can actually intake liquids and hopefully solids... it'll save me a trip to the hospital to get the terry shaivo special.

my mono blood test came back negative, so now the doc has no clue what i have til the throat culture comes back

So will it open up your brown eye? Enquiring minds want to know.

TRILL, THE CARBON BASED LIFEFORM
04-11-2005, 10:04 AM
"i just took a shot in the ass..."

Don't talk like that. Do you want to encourage Keith?

gwyllgi
04-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Poor Johnny. Doctors suck, don't they.

justjeffery
04-11-2005, 10:17 AM
It looks like a NASTY case of Tonsilitus...

Dreg
04-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Should throats be allowed to keep their cultures?

gwyllgi
04-11-2005, 10:21 AM
*dies* that's actually funny, dreg.

AAlgar
04-11-2005, 10:22 AM
We got pictures of the throat.

Jade
04-11-2005, 11:55 PM
Sorry, Jonny. Hope you start feeling better soon. :(

Humphrey_Lee
04-11-2005, 11:56 PM
Sorry, Jonny. Hope you start feeling better soon. :(

Me too.... well, not really, I'm actually just more interested in getting this thread to the top and with my name as the most recent poster... soon I will dominate the board! mwahahahha

Jade
04-11-2005, 11:57 PM
Me too.... well, not really, I'm actually just more interested in getting this thread to the top and with my name as the most recent poster... soon I will dominate the board! mwahahahha

This thread DID remind me I'm due for my birth control shot this week.

Humphrey_Lee
04-12-2005, 12:00 AM
This thread DID remind me I'm due for my birth control shot this week.

I have that effect on women.... there's two ways to take that, and one of them is actually positive! Alas it's not correct :mad:

Jade
04-12-2005, 12:10 AM
I have that effect on women.... there's two ways to take that, and one of them is actually positive! Alas it's not correct :mad:

:lol: Nonono... four times a year I get a birth control shot in the ass... that's why I was reminded.

Kirblar
04-12-2005, 12:10 AM
Just don't show us pictures of your ass.

Humphrey_Lee
04-12-2005, 12:12 AM
:lol: Nonono... four times a year I get a birth control shot in the ass... that's why I was reminded.

If there were any justice in this world you'd be an inspiration to horny girls ages 18-35 everywhere...

The Roman Candle
04-12-2005, 12:12 AM

OMG U HAV ESS-EE-EX! OMG OMG!!!!1one!

Jade
04-12-2005, 12:14 AM
Just don't show us pictures of your ass.

Okay... I have some... and I would've... but now I know better.

Jade
04-12-2005, 12:15 AM
If there were any justice in this world you'd be an inspiration to horny girls ages 18-35 everywhere...

I encourage all women to get the birth control shot. It's wonderful. Not only do you only have to remember it four times a year, it takes away the periods, too. So, you can have sex anytime of the year without worry. It's amazing.

Jade
04-12-2005, 12:16 AM
OMG U HAV ESS-EE-EX! OMG OMG!!!!1one!

Oh my god! Please don't tell anyone!

Humphrey_Lee
04-12-2005, 12:19 AM
I encourage all women to get the birth control shot. It's wonderful. Not only do you only have to remember it four times a year, it takes away the periods, too. So, you can have sex anytime of the year without worry. It's amazing.

Seriously, you should travel the country spreading this message. I am absolutely shocked and amazed by this. YAY FOR SCIENCE!!

The Roman Candle
04-12-2005, 12:22 AM
Okay... I have some... and I would've... but now I know better.

Kirkblar, you bastard!

... when did I become that guy? :mistrust:

Humphrey_Lee
04-12-2005, 12:23 AM
Kirkblar, you bastard!

... when did I become that guy? :mistrust:

Eh, if you didn't do it, I would have... tell you what, from now on, we'll alternate. Deal?

The Roman Candle
04-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Eh, if you didn't do it, I would have... tell you what, from now on, we'll alternate. Deal?

I'd feel slightly better about that situation.

God, we need some self-esteem.

Humphrey_Lee
04-12-2005, 12:26 AM
I'd feel slightly better about that situation.

God, we need some self-esteem.

Is that code for hookers?

The Roman Candle
04-12-2005, 12:26 AM
Is that code for hookers?

Code? I thought it was common slang.

Jade
04-12-2005, 12:27 AM
Probably best... I don't need THOSE pictures floating around the internet.

The Roman Candle
04-12-2005, 12:30 AM
Probably best... I don't need THOSE pictures floating around the internet.

... are there other pictures floating around the internet? :mistrust:

Jade
04-12-2005, 12:37 AM

I'm sure there are... being a professional comic book writer turned publisher will do that... :D

Humphrey_Lee
04-12-2005, 12:39 AM

Y'know that's all well and good until you find a girl you really like, and you discover that said pictures were not a joke.... I don't know what to think... :-?

The Roman Candle
04-12-2005, 12:39 AM
I'm sure there are... being a professional comic book writer turned publisher will do that... :D

There were pictures of my ass floting around the internet for a while.

Jade
04-12-2005, 12:55 AM
There were pictures of my ass floting around the internet for a while.

Blackmail?

The Roman Candle
04-12-2005, 12:56 AM
Blackmail?

No, I'm white.

copypastepuke
04-12-2005, 04:34 AM

depo provera?

for some girls there are very serious side effects. i am glad however that it is working wonders for you. finding what bc works best for you is tough for most people.

just make sure to be aware of the side effects. especially the long term ones, like decreased bone density, and possible increase in breast cancer (according to one study anyway).

Jade
04-12-2005, 04:40 AM
depo provera?

for some girls there are very serious side effects. i am glad however that it is working wonders for you. finding what bc works best for you is tough for most people.

just make sure to be aware of the side effects. especially the long term ones, like decreased bone density, and possible increase in breast cancer (according to one study anyway).

The majority of women have initial side effects, but are unwilling to stick with it until those side effects go away. Because they do go away... and all birth control methods have long term risks and benefits. Depo Provera decreases your chances of ovarian cancer... so, as the show says, ya take the good, ya take the bad, yadda yadda yadda... :D

copypastepuke
04-12-2005, 04:42 AM
The majority of women have initial side effects, but are unwilling to stick with it until those side effects go away. Because they do go away... and all birth control methods have long term risks and benefits. Depo Provera decreases your chances of ovarian cancer... so, as the show says, ya take the good, ya take the bad, yadda yadda yadda... :D

yea i gotcha. depo sure made things easier sexwise and menstrual wise.
but then the lady i was with, who was on depo for well over two years, started to have problems with her bones, so i am a bit biased towards it.

Jade
04-12-2005, 04:45 AM
yea i gotcha. depo sure made things easier sexwise and menstrual wise.
but then the lady i was with, who was on depo for well over two years, started to have problems with her bones, so i am a bit biased towards it.

I've been on it since high school and haven't had any problems. Some of that has to do with genetics, I'm sure.

copypastepuke
04-12-2005, 04:50 AM
I've been on it since high school and haven't had any problems. Some of that has to do with genetics, I'm sure.
yeah proabably.

regardless, i am glad it works for you!

04-12-2005, 05:19 AM
I used and loved Depo before it sent me over the edge into profound clinical depression for months. I've heard of other women having this problem, but there was no mention of this side effect in the literature or from my doctor. Beware is all.

I also wonder now how you'd know if you got pregnant if you don't get your period on the shot. I know it's rare, but it does happen. My sister conceived both her sons while on the pill. :shock:

gwyllgi
04-12-2005, 05:19 AM

I would if I didn't have a crippling needle phobia. As it is I take the pill, and have only forgotten it once in a year and a half of taking it.... I'm worried about the shot because the women in my family who've gotten it have all bled really bad afterwards, for like 3-6 months, or gained a good amount of weight. On the pill, I lost about 10 lbs.

Jade
04-12-2005, 05:25 AM
I used and loved Depo before it sent me over the edge into profound clinical depression for months. I've heard of other women having this problem, but there was no mention of this side effect in the literature or from my doctor. Beware is all.

I also wonder now how you'd know if you got pregnant if you don't get your period on the shot. I know it's rare, but it does happen. My sister conceived both her sons while on the pill. :shock:

I had actually asked about that. Apparently, the women who have a chance of getting pregnant are those who miss thier injections or are overweight. Even though I don't fall into either of those categories, I get a pregancy test every now and then, just to be sure.

copypastepuke
04-12-2005, 05:26 AM
I would if I didn't have a crippling needle phobia. As it is I take the pill, and have only forgotten it once in a year and a half of taking it.... I'm worried about the shot because the women in my family who've gotten it have all bled really bad afterwards, for like 3-6 months, or gained a good amount of weight. On the pill, I lost about 10 lbs.

what version of the pill are you on?

there are so many and it is very difficult to find one that works for one individual. my current lady friend went through three pills and all three fucked her up emotionally as well as made her gain weight, which then fucked her up even more emotionally.

she has since taken a nice long break from bc and is currently looking into either a. the very low dose pill, or b. the nuva ring thing.

Jade
04-12-2005, 05:27 AM

Yeah, there's a chance you'll bleed for awhile. But after that, you never have to worry about it again.

And I've known women who have gained 15+ pounds on the pill. So, it's a risk in any hormonal birth control method (lucky us). I actually lost weight on Depo Provera. Our bodies just work differently like that, I suppose.

04-12-2005, 05:35 AM
I used to get shaky and light headed whenevever I had to get a shot. When I still liked Depo, I just forced myself to do it every time. Eventually I just got used to it. It was a terrifying experience, but I think it's worth it to not feel like passing out every time I see a needle.

gwyllgi
04-12-2005, 05:37 AM
I'm on tricyclen lo, myself.

again, I'm scared shitless of shots. I really and truly am. I don't know if it's worth it or not, because the stress i'd go through four times a year wouldn't be great either. Hell, I don't even know if it's ok for me to get a shot like that. The doctor said pills were ok, but I don't know about a shot... and how do you know if it's working? O.o

moonspider
04-12-2005, 05:41 AM
that sucks....

::HUGS::

Jade
04-12-2005, 05:41 AM
I am also TERRIFIED of shots... but this really isn't that bad. You never even have to see the needle, cuz it's behind you. And the needles are so thin, you can barely feel them. If you ever do it, just suggest the smallest needle... apparently there are different sizes... I wouldn't have known that if not for the nurse saying, "oh, you're a just a little thing... I better get a smaller needle."

AAlgar
04-12-2005, 05:44 AM
Women talking about birth control is HAWT!

copypastepuke
04-12-2005, 05:44 AM
they put the dep shot into your butt!

needles in the butt freak me out more than needles into my arm.

Jade
04-12-2005, 05:45 AM
they put the dep shot into your butt!

needles in the butt freak me out more than needles into my arm.

They can put it in your arm or hip. Hip is preferable because there's more fatty tissue, so you don't feel it quite so much.

Jade
04-12-2005, 05:46 AM
Women talking about birth control is HAWT!

:lol: Yeah, I would like to take this moment to apologize to all the men who have learned far more today than they ever cared to about birth control.

gwyllgi
04-12-2005, 05:47 AM
Needles in the back of my hand make me pass out. They did that for an IV... don't know WHY they couldn't have done the arm... I was scared shitless, hadn't slept in like 36 hours, had just been given something orally to relax me, so I was laying on the table hissing, "I hate you. I hate all of you. I hope you dieeee..." while they shoved the fucking IV in me.

... yeah. doctors are not my thing.

gwyllgi
04-12-2005, 05:48 AM
:lol: Yeah, I would like to take this moment to apologize to all the men who have learned far more today than they ever cared to about birth control.

My BF didn't believe my tiny little pills could do anything. He was like, "how can something so little be effective? Shouldn't they give you something bigger? What if it doesn't work?"

Jade
04-12-2005, 05:49 AM
My BF didn't believe my tiny little pills could do anything. He was like, "how can something so little be effective? Shouldn't they give you something bigger? What if it doesn't work?"

That sounds like something someone would say in a commercial for the pill. :D

AAlgar
04-12-2005, 05:50 AM

This stuff is all that stands between me and an unwanted child. It is definitely not more than I care to know. Plus, you've heard what it did to my wife.

copypastepuke
04-12-2005, 05:51 AM
doctors used to be my thing. when i was a kid i was kind of a guinea pig.. i had seizures all the time so they put me into this test group of kids. they would give me adult doses of valium to help keep my fevers down so that i would not seizure all over the place.

because it was a test thing thye had to do lots of tests on me every year. including those brain scan things and lots of blood. i was never bad with needles until: i was 15 or something and i had a cyst on my arm. they cut into my arm and there was a big hole in it after they removed the cyst. i watched the whole thing. and then the doctor showed me how i can squirt blood out of it. and i was fine. then, i got hte stitched, the doctor left and the nurse came in. she cleaned me up, then she put the bandaid on. AS SOON AS SHE PUT ON THE BAND AID, wam! i fainted. and now i faint all the time at the doctors. it is crazy.

gwyllgi
04-12-2005, 05:55 AM
How utterly bizarre. I have a tolerance for pain but not when in a doctor's office. They make me too nervous and too jumpy to really be relaxed enough for the pain, if that makes any sense.

04-12-2005, 05:56 AM
Meh, it's our board too. ;) Plus they talk about poo and jizz all the time.

Jade
04-12-2005, 06:01 AM

This is true. :D

AAlgar
04-12-2005, 06:01 AM

Now you're claiming you don't poo?

gwyllgi
04-12-2005, 06:04 AM
Girls talk about poo. I talked about poo for like, thirty minutes with my girlfriend once. We stopped and were like, "Why the hell are we still talking about poop?"

And moved on the discuss dogs.

copypastepuke
04-12-2005, 06:05 AM
poo and jizz... is trillian a fan of SCAT? CARE TO COMMENT AALGAR?

AAlgar
04-12-2005, 06:05 AM
poo and jizz... is trillian a fan of SCAT? CARE TO COMMENT AALGAR?

When have I ever been known not to comment?

moonspider
04-12-2005, 06:07 AM
When have I ever been known not to comment?

*slowly walks away from this thread hoping no one saw him ever enter*

copypastepuke
04-12-2005, 06:13 AM
Girls talk about poo. I talked about poo for like, thirty minutes with my girlfriend once. We stopped and were like, "Why the hell are we still talking about poop?"

And moved on the discuss dogs.

was the bridge in the conversation from poo to dogs, dogpoo?

i figure you would probably have some interesting things to say on the subject of dogpoo.

:Poo:

copypastepuke
04-12-2005, 06:14 AM
*slowly walks away from this thread hoping no one saw him ever enter*

HEY! WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING? GET BACK HERE!

Childress
04-14-2005, 01:58 AM

funny, that's what all the ladies say to me!

Jade
04-14-2005, 02:06 AM
funny, that's what all the ladies say to me!

:lol: You're a dork.

Childress
04-14-2005, 02:09 AM
:lol: You're a dork.

they say that too ;)

Jade
04-14-2005, 02:16 AM
they say that too ;)

It's part of your charm.

Childress
04-14-2005, 02:18 AM
It's part of your charm.