PDA

View Full Version : Thanks justjeffery!!!

Taxman
02-21-2006, 04:44 PM
So on Saturday I was able to make the trek to Lafayette with my two sons, and visit Jeffery's comic book store, And Books II. Very cool store, by far the best I have been able to visit in Louisiana. I picked up several trades for my older son, and one for myself. Unfortuantely, Jeffery refused to accept payment on these items. As much as I would have preferred to pay, I just wanted to give a quick shout out of thanks for these items. Jeffery is a good guy, I hope everyone gets a chance to meet him!

Blandy vs Terrorism
02-21-2006, 04:45 PM
Chicago, baby! :rock:

Your Pal, Carl
02-21-2006, 04:49 PM
what he said. :cool:

Howlett
02-21-2006, 04:50 PM
*crosses fingers*

:D

Brandon191
02-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Wow, that was really cool of you Jeffery.

justjeffery
02-21-2006, 04:53 PM
You see... what our friend Taxman is not telling you is that I stole his wallet on the way out!

KIDDING!

Actually, man.. you drove 80 miles out of your way just to come check the place out, the LEAST I coudl do is pick up the tab for your comics! Thanks again for the goody bags! My younger son gets to dress up Friday and I wanted to get some really cool beads for him.. and now I dont have to search.. plus... a nerf ball in this house? Sheesh, you're like freaking Santa to these kids now!

Thanks again!

Taxman
02-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Actually, man.. you drove 80 miles out of your way just to come check the place out, the LEAST I coudl do is pick up the tab for your comics! Ah, but the missing element here is the massive amount of time I have wasted away in Houma over the past 20 years. I would used almost any excuse to get out of there for a few hours. I just wish I had had time to swing by and see the aligators at USL.

Thanks again for the goody bags! My younger son gets to dress up Friday and I wanted to get some really cool beads for him.. and now I dont have to search.. plus... a nerf ball in this house? Sheesh, you're like freaking Santa to these kids now!

Thanks again!More than happy to do this! Compared to the amount of stuff my wife throws off the float, that is nothing.

justjeffery
02-21-2006, 05:06 PM
Ah, but the missing element here is the massive amount of time I have wasted away in Houma over the past 20 years. I would used almost any excuse to get out of there for a few hours. I just wish I had had time to swing by and see the aligators at USL.

Then lets do this:

Next year, drop me a line and lets make arrangements to do lunch and go check out all the stuff you'd like to check out. We'll make a day of it and pass a good time!

jason hissong
02-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Jeffery's one of the main reasons I like this place so much.

His heart transcends distance and time.

saymama
02-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Then lets do this:

Next year, drop me a line and lets make arrangements to do lunch and go check out all the stuff you'd like to check out. We'll make a day of it and pass a good time!

Laissez les Bon Temps Rouler

justjeffery
02-21-2006, 06:03 PM
les bon ton rolez!

Huh?

saymama
02-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Huh?

I fixed it! I had no idea how to spell that shit! just cause I can say it doesn't mean I can put it on paper!

You just sounded so Carencro there. Ma, sha, come on down and we gon pass a good time, yeah!

saymama
02-21-2006, 06:48 PM
http://www.jimjeanmard.com/image/bayou.jpg

you can't see the gators, but here's the swamp!

This is outside our student union. Every spring some crazy man jumps in it in a white tux? It's been going on for like 20 years!

Garra
02-21-2006, 07:22 PM
pfft I aint ever seen the gators in the swamp on campus. Matter of fact I do not know if I ever have known anyone who has seen em. If you want to see a bunch , go check out Avery island (where Tobasco is made) thats a pretty cool place, if its still there after the hurricanes.

Taxman
02-21-2006, 08:31 PM
pfft I aint ever seen the gators in the swamp on campus. Matter of fact I do not know if I ever have known anyone who has seen em. If you want to see a bunch , go check out Avery island (where Tobasco is made) thats a pretty cool place, if its still there after the hurricanes.My wife says that she would see them a couple of times a week when she went there.

Kody
02-21-2006, 08:52 PM
pfft I aint ever seen the gators in the swamp on campus. Matter of fact I do not know if I ever have known anyone who has seen em. If you want to see a bunch , go check out Avery island (where Tobasco is made) thats a pretty cool place, if its still there after the hurricanes.

I saw them plenty of times. When I was in college I lived in the dorms (a very small dorm), so I used to go and sit by the swamp and sketch.

There used to be one that was almost 9 feet long, but they got rid of it because they were afraid it could hurt the guys that cleaned the swamp every week. The new ones are really small. :(

saymama
02-22-2006, 06:41 AM
I saw the bigens too! But you are right that was a lifetime ago. I've seen the little ones, but I perfer to watch the really big goldfish>!

Beta_Ray_Bryan
02-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Yeah Avery Island is back up and running just like before.

rolez?

saymama
02-22-2006, 11:32 AM
Yeah Avery Island is back up and running just like before.

rolez?

I said I fixed it!!!! Not everybody can be as Cajun as you oh great one! Too much of the Kickin' Cajuns has rubbed off on you!

Artie Pink
02-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Jeffery & Taxman are two classy fellows.

Jeanette
02-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Jeffery & Taxman are two classy fellows.

Absolutely! Count me in your fan club as well. :)

Ferg
02-22-2006, 02:32 PM
That Jeffery! What a guy!