PDA

View Full Version : I can't hear out of my right ear

Michael John Wheeler
02-19-2006, 05:13 PM
I was q-tipping this morning and I think I went to far. I could hear very little all day. Then my mom had me put in a couple ear drops and I haven't been able to hear anything at all now :cry:

Amos Moses
02-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Doctor, now.

Brandon191
02-19-2006, 05:19 PM
It could be wax build-up. I had it for a while. If you go to a pharmacy they sell products to loosen the wax. My doctor also said you could use vegetable oil as well. Only use a few drops though.

Michael John Wheeler
02-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Doctor, now.

Really? I might stop at the clinic at school tomorrow if it's still like this.

who cares?
02-19-2006, 05:28 PM
i should really find some way to completely suck everything out of my ears... i probably have so much wax from all the loud headphone music i listen to... even though i clean it daily....

alexlannin
02-19-2006, 05:33 PM
I'd go to a doctor, you really might have done some damage.

Haborym
02-19-2006, 05:35 PM
I had to go to the doctor once to have my ears cleaned. He used a suction bulb and very warm water. It worked wonders.

I decided to save some cash so I went and got a suction bulb from Walgreens, you can usually find them in the infant care section. Just use some water, as warm as you can stand, and flush your ears with the bulb full of water. It may take 5-10 minutes per ear. I swear, it works wonders.

You'll be amazed by the disgusting shit that will come out of your ear.

Donal DeLay
02-20-2006, 02:30 AM
What you did with the q-tip was push a bit of waxxy build-up to the back and using the eardrops caused it to close up a bit.

Something similar happens to me from time to time because my mneningitis symptons return once in a while. Use a dropper and put a few drops of omoxycilin (if that's spelled right) into your ear. Let it sink in there for a couple minutes, then drain it by tilting your head.

Your ear will close up at first, but do it again. Only let it sink for about 10seconds, then drain it.

Penycilin works, too. If you still can't hear, then go see a doctor.

RODGER
02-20-2006, 02:58 AM
might have to have your ears flushed out.
i had mine done years ago, and it was something to see all this crap come out of your ears...

the doctor said that q-tips are the worst thing to use cause all it does is push stuff into the ear.

copypastepuke
02-20-2006, 03:01 AM
i once tripped cause i was moving back and forth while qtipping, and i totally jabbed it to far and started bleeding like crazy.

went to the doctors, and he told me to jsut let it bleed, and clot itself up.

it bled for three days.

AAlgar
02-20-2006, 03:19 AM
Fuck, man... you're in Canada. They'll take the banana out for nothing!

Gunter
02-20-2006, 09:08 AM
I used to go to the doctor once a year to get all the stuff in my ears cleaned out.

Now I do it at home, by myself. Sometimes I'll use ear wax candles which are great, and there is some really disgusting stuff that comes out of your ears.

Ray G.
02-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Go to the doctor, just in case.

TIP
02-20-2006, 09:11 AM
The Wrath of Khan immediately came to mind
http://www.trekconnection.com/pictures/ST_2/PICTURES/other/09122002115846.jpg

Michael John Wheeler
02-20-2006, 11:00 AM
I went to the free clinic this morning. It was that I pushed the wax right over it. Today I'm to but hydrogen peroxide in my ear for five minutes three times today because it hardened up. I'm going back tomorrow and the doctor will flush it out. Thanks for all the advice.

Gunter, I've wondered about the ear candle thing since I read about it in Choke by Palahniuk. How do you do that without setting yourself on fire?

CapnChaos
02-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Ear candles are crap. They've got stuff inside that melts and looks like earwax.

RODGER
02-20-2006, 11:36 AM
I went to the free clinic this morning. It was that I pushed the wax right over it. Today I'm to but hydrogen peroxide in my ear for five minutes three times today because it hardened up. I'm going back tomorrow and the doctor will flush it out. Thanks for all the advice.

good.
getting the ears flushed is the best thing you can do for that

Gunter
02-20-2006, 02:57 PM

Gunter, I've wondered about the ear candle thing since I read about it in Choke by Palahniuk. How do you do that without setting yourself on fire?

You have a friend help you. I'd never do it alone. They light the candle while you hold it in your ear then tell you when it has burned far enough down to empty it out and start over.

Ear candles are crap. They've got stuff inside that melts and looks like earwax.

I respectfully disagree. They've cleared my ears out plenty of times.

Thommy Melanson
02-20-2006, 03:00 PM
That's strange - I can't hear out of your right ear either.

Michael John Wheeler
02-21-2006, 05:30 AM
Well, that was amazing. I can hear so well out of my right ear now. It took about ten seconds and was just fantastic. My left ear feels like shit compared to it now.

mattbrand
02-21-2006, 05:34 AM
Ear candles do work great. Just do it with someone to help you.

You take the candle, poke it through a piece of cardboard with a hole in the middle. That will act as a shield in case anything falls from the top of the ear candle. Have the person helping light it for you, and help you to hold it straight up.

LordKinbote
02-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Well, that was amazing. I can hear so well out of my right ear now. It took about ten seconds and was just fantastic. My left ear feels like shit compared to it now.

That's why you ALWAYS get both ears done. If you're going to get one done, why not both?

I have very narrow ear canals so my ears get plugged easily. I have to go to a walk in clinic once every 10 months or so.

Once, when I was touring colleges, BOTH my ears got plugged at the same time. I was basically 80% deaf. I had to stand right next to the tour guide at Union College to hear her, and later there was an information session and the speaker varied the volume of his voice greatly. I could only hear half of what he was saying.

When my ear first plugged and I got it cleaned out, I never appreciated sounds more than I did the first few minutes afterwards.

TRILL, THE CARBON BASED LIFEFORM
02-21-2006, 10:26 AM
You'll get used to it, sweetie.

wh park
02-21-2006, 10:59 AM
On a slightly related topic, anyone ever have one of those instances when you tilt your head and you hear a "crack" and feel the sensation of wax falling out of your ears?

I love when that happens.

Gunter
02-21-2006, 12:08 PM
On a slightly related topic, anyone ever have one of those instances when you tilt your head and you hear a "crack" and feel the sensation of wax falling out of your ears?

I love when that happens.

Yes, that is a good feeling.

I had a doctor tell me once that the earwax build up could be attributed to not chewing my food well enough. I guess the movement of the jaws breaks up the wax.