PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: Kabuki #6 in stores THIS Wednesday. Inside peak of it @ davidmackguide.com

MACK!
02-17-2006, 02:45 PM
#6 is out this Wednesday.

You can choose from the Mike Mignola cover, and a new cover Image I did for it (it is different from the Preview art of it).

And once #6 is out, David Thornton at his site davidmackguide.com will be showing an new peek at the process over it each new day.
From script, layouts, pencils, paints, etc. Including different variations and versions of some pages and various sketches and layouts of what became the pages that you can compare in the book.

BUT BEWARE:
The sneak peaks are full of SPOILERS.

So you may want to get and read the issue before you let yourself see the spoiler section of the daily updates on davidmackguide.com.

And let me know if you like this kind of thing on the site or what kind of other stuff you would like to see, and I'll send David Thornton more stuff from the other issues.

I think he said he is also having a contest on the site in which he will be sending winners free cool stuff.

J. Wilson
02-17-2006, 02:47 PM
I can't wait for this issue to come out next week.

It's made that much harder because I have to wait until Saturday to get it.

J.D. Lombardi
02-17-2006, 04:34 PM
ABOUT damn time!!!! ;)

J. Wilson
02-17-2006, 06:47 PM
ABOUT damn time!!!! ;)

And I have J.D. to thank for getting me into Kabuki!

AvidFan
02-18-2006, 02:05 AM
really like the idea of the day-by-day process @ DMG
it's always cool to see how someone works

ever thought of getting some of your more famous readers in interview about why they like Kabuki?

and cool free stuff is always a winner for me ;)

andy.

Dawn
02-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Oooooo-- I hope I can pick up a copy before I leave the country on Wednesday!!

AvidFan
02-24-2006, 11:14 AM
cool update at the DMG:

http://www.davidmackguide.com/news/2006/02/23.shtml

andy.

Eric Williams
02-24-2006, 12:57 PM
I haven't read the entire issue yet, but is it fair to suspect from the preview that the person at Kabuki's door is MC Square?

MACK!
03-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Glad you are liking the stuff on DMG.
I send more stuff like that if you want.

ElectricMuse
03-04-2006, 06:52 AM
Glad you are liking the stuff on DMG.
I send more stuff like that if you want.

Yes it was great seeing those sketches after reading #6. I'd like to see more stuff like that, including your thoughts behind some of the imagery you use. Thanks!