PDA

View Full Version : The OC for 2/9/06 (SPOILERS!)

Jonny Z
02-09-2006, 09:22 PM
good ep tonight!

nikki reed... shes come a long way since 13.

i don't mind ryan going off with her the same way marissa did with johnny... and i don't see ryan getting all whiny about it either like marissa did.

really sad to see kaitlin gone, but they did set her up nicely for a return (HOPEFULLY THIS FUCKING SEASON)

marissa is totally pissing me off with her inability to get over johnny...

and im fucking pissed we gotta wait til fucking march for more new episodes :x

The Human Target
02-09-2006, 09:29 PM
I agree with all of the above.

They're totally setting up a gaint group splinter for the end of this season, and then having everyone end up at the same local school if the do another season. I know Seth is gonna do something to piss off Summer, amd Ryan Maraissa have no hope at all of staying together. But I'm glad, as the show is much much better when the group isn't dating.

Ray G.
02-10-2006, 08:37 AM
This was a terrible, terrible episode. The characters are getting less and less likeable by the week. It's really a sad state of affairs when the only couple I can bring myself to care about anymore is Julie and Neil.

Mischa is still fucking smoking, though.

adamgreenberger
02-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Someone told me that Julie Cooper had a really funny line...does anyone know what it was?

CraigM
02-10-2006, 09:20 AM
It was an okay episode. I just have no idea how this season is going to wrap up.

And I'm tired of Marissa. She has Ryan, who's never done a bad thing to her, and she's treating him like shit, and in love with Johnny. She just annoys me.

Craig

Jonny Z
02-10-2006, 09:29 AM
This was a terrible, terrible episode. The characters are getting less and less likeable by the week. It's really a sad state of affairs when the only couple I can bring myself to care about anymore is Julie and Neil.

Mischa is still fucking smoking, though.

How is ryan getting less likeable?

Ray G.
02-10-2006, 09:39 AM
How is ryan getting less likeable?

Eh, good point. But he's just getting mopey, and I'm starting to realize that the guy isn't a great actor. Plus, I really don't like Nikki Reed's character, and I really don't want to see Ryan with another disposable love interest.

allanpat
02-10-2006, 10:02 AM
I really don't want to see Ryan with another disposable love interest.

But Ryan needs someone to punch in the show, & that girl's ex-boyfriend surfer jock fits the bill.

But yeah, they're recycling plots a bit too quickly on this show. The whole Marissa/Johnny thing was exactly the same as the Marissa/Crazy Guy fling in the first season (forget his name).

Ryan, the new girl, & her jealous ex-boyfriend reeks a bit too much of him, the chino girl, her ex-boyfriend & the baby.

Jonny Z
02-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Eh, good point. But he's just getting mopey, and I'm starting to realize that the guy isn't a great actor.

go watch Junebug

Plus, I really don't like Nikki Reed's character, and I really don't want to see Ryan with another disposable love interest.

what dont you like about her? we just met her.

Ben Rosen
02-10-2006, 11:08 AM
i liked this episode a lot, ray.

so again, you're wrong.

Simps
02-10-2006, 11:28 AM
go watch Junebug

He was even MORE mopey in Junebug!! ;)

Ray G.
02-10-2006, 12:00 PM
i liked this episode a lot, ray.

so again, you're wrong.

Feh. I will say this, though.

Johnny was more likeable than he's ever been in this episode. :D

Ben Rosen
02-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Feh. I will say this, though.

Johnny was more likeable than he's ever been in this episode. :D
i think likeability weighs too heavily in your enjoyment of tv shows.

Ray G.
02-10-2006, 03:00 PM
i think likeability weighs too heavily in your enjoyment of tv shows.

I have to want to be around these people for an hour a week for the show to be worth watching. An interesting douche is one thing(Like Sawyer on Lost or Logan on Veronica Mars), a boring, whiny prick like Johnny is another.

A.Huerta
02-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Johnny needed to die and he did. So this show works for me again, but i still gotta watch the Office.