PDA

View Full Version : Wow - XM picks up Oprah

Jim T.
02-09-2006, 06:01 AM
Linky: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11252743/

That's huge - I know more soccer moms that get XM in their new minivans and never use it past the free subscription period.

Now it's only a matter of time before Lil' Jimmy Norton is jumping on her couch with his man boobs bouncing up and down! :D

JHester
02-09-2006, 06:06 AM
XM can have her.

Doug
02-09-2006, 06:15 AM
Do you mean satalite radio is about more than just Stern and O&A?

DrMachine
02-09-2006, 06:20 AM
ugh

Hate_Prime
02-09-2006, 06:22 AM
Holy fuck. If these were game consoles, XM has finally acquired a real killer app with star power instead of software. Oprah's estrogen squad versus Stern's boner briggade.

Michael John Wheeler
02-09-2006, 06:25 AM
Holy fuck. If these were game consoles, XM has finally acquired a real killer app with star power instead of software. Oprah's estrogen squad versus Stern's boner briggade.

Seriously, there's a good battle heating up here.

Chingòn
02-09-2006, 06:30 AM
i think martha stewart is a bad idea on sirius, and oprah is a bad idea on xm.

ERNIE_E
02-09-2006, 06:37 AM
Oprah has a ton more power than Martha. I can see soccer moms driving their kids to practice listening to Oprah. I despise Oprah and her show but I don't like seeing someone who can bring an audience with them over to XM. She's the first talent other than Baseball or NHL to actually bring an entire exclusive audience to XM. Sirius has the NFL, NBA, Nascar in 2007, and Howard. Touche' XM... Touche(sp?)'...

BENDIS!
02-09-2006, 06:51 AM
look at xm's web site. o and a are not long for the system. the company has clearly changed direction.

LazyComix
02-09-2006, 06:55 AM
When does O&A's contract run out? There's a real possibility that they won't even get resigned... which I can't believe, what with all the press and "buzz" they get.

RODGER
02-09-2006, 06:56 AM
look at xm's web site. o and a are not long for the system. the company has clearly changed direction.

i went to the xm site and on the main page is snoop dogg.....glad to see that they now have that family wholesome image now....lol

RODGER
02-09-2006, 06:58 AM
When does O&A's contract run out? There's a real possibility that they won't even get resigned... which I can't believe, what with all the press and "buzz" they get.

because they fucked up so bad in 2002, XM signs them to a year to year basis. and believe me, they're not going anywhere. XM loves O&A.

and i hear that siruis is rasieing their rates already.....

RODGER
02-09-2006, 07:01 AM
Oprah has a ton more power than Martha. I can see soccer moms driving their kids to practice listening to Oprah. I despise Oprah and her show but I don't like seeing someone who can bring an audience with them over to XM. She's the first talent other than Baseball or NHL to actually bring an entire exclusive audience to XM. Sirius has the NFL, NBA, Nascar in 2007, and Howard. Touche' XM... Touche(sp?)'...

i remember when XM got the hokey and baseball rights, and O&A were like who cares about football......now that i disagree with. people love football. the only real fault you could say about the football is that there is only 16 weeks.......and if you had the football, you can do a fantasy football thing with stats. that fantasy football fucking took over these last few years, everyone is doing it.
i don't, but people like it.....

Hate_Prime
02-09-2006, 07:05 AM
because they fucked up so bad in 2002, XM signs them to a year to year basis. and believe me, they're not going anywhere. XM loves O&A.

What was that about Ron & Fez and them being the only ones left in their section of the building soon? Wasn't paying attention and I missed what they were actually talking about.

And Martha definately cannot compete with Oprah. Martha's damaged goods. It's horny husbands versus the uppity wives who won't give them any all the way.

RODGER
02-09-2006, 07:10 AM
What was that about Ron & Fez and them being the only ones left in their section of the building soon? Wasn't paying attention and I missed what they were actually talking about.

And Martha definately cannot compete with Oprah. Martha's damaged goods. It's horny husbands versus the uppity wives who won't give them any all the way.

i think martha has a place, it's just not on radio......she belongs on tv. and she does very well on tv. i havn't heard her show. is it any good? does she translate well to radio?

and they finally cleared out that floor for O&A, so now they don't have to cover the windows when someone gets nakid. and they can use the whole floor to do what they want. they talked about this their first week on XM...they wanted a stage for bands and comics, and all kinds of stuff. it just took this long to get everyone out of there.

BENDIS!
02-09-2006, 07:12 AM

look at sirius' web site, look at xm's, which has recently redesigned to look just like sirius'. o and a are not part of the major players. they are failures.

Bill?
02-09-2006, 07:13 AM

i think the last time they got any press of their own was when they got fired from regular radio.
XM will probably keep them around though. they need something that provides some kind of alternative to stern and they have an established relationship with O & A.
although it sure would suck for them if they got dumped. they dont really have anywhere else left to go at this point.

RODGER
02-09-2006, 07:16 AM
look at sirius' web site, look at xm's, which has recently redesigned to look just like sirius'. o and a are not part of the major players. they are failures.

brian.....

who said that they are major players?
of corse oprah, martha, snoop doog, emimen, stern, are all so much more well known. they have no choice to put them on the main page. but O&A know they have to build an audenince, and that is what they are doing. thats the way they have always done it.

to say that just because their not on the main page or in the tv ad's they are failures is just insane. and you know better then that.

look at you just trying to start a fight.....shame shame shame

BENDIS!
02-09-2006, 07:18 AM
oprah will be at xm as much as eminem is at sirius :)

BENDIS!
02-09-2006, 07:18 AM
oprah will be at xm as much as eminem is at sirius :)

Dr. Blasphemy
02-09-2006, 07:20 AM
Watch it Roger, before you become "FRED THE ELEPHANT BOY" again!

BENDIS!
02-09-2006, 07:21 AM
brian.....

who said that they are major players?
of corse oprah, martha, snoop doog, emimen, stern, are all so much more well known. they have no choice to put them on the main page. but O&A know they have to build an audenince, and that is what they are doing. thats the way they have always done it.

to say that just because their not on the main page or in the tv ad's they are failures is just insane. and you know better then that.

look at you just trying to start a fight.....shame shame shame

they've been on radio for ten years, they are not cult, they failed. its over. they came ot satelite and nothing happened. they had a lot of listeners and hardly any of them came with. ten years!!!! and they have nothing to show for it.

i like to fight about this with you :)

RODGER
02-09-2006, 07:22 AM
Watch it Roger, before you become "FRED THE ELEPHANT BOY" again!

well, brian knows i'll be seeing his bald ass at pitts soon.......

we still need to talk you bald fucker you!!!!!!!

ERNIE_E
02-09-2006, 07:25 AM
i remember when XM got the hokey and baseball rights, and O&A were like who cares about football......now that i disagree with. people love football. the only real fault you could say about the football is that there is only 16 weeks.......and if you had the football, you can do a fantasy football thing with stats. that fantasy football fucking took over these last few years, everyone is doing it.
i don't, but people like it.....

If you're a football fanatic, there is no such thing as an off-season. Once the Superbowl ends, it's all about the NFL Draft 24/7 and off-season moves. It's almost as busy as the actual season. 16 weeks in season, but you have training camps, playoffs, and draft prep and post-draft time. The NFL hardcores (and there's plenty of them) get their money's worth on Sirius. Football is the #1 sport in this country. And Sirius NFL channel only got stronger now that the NFL Network (TV channel affiliated with Sirius NFL 124) will be broadcasting 8 games next year on TV. Sirius has Hockey for this season and then turns it over to XM, but having NBA, Nascar in 07 will plus Premier Soccer leagues and March Madness keep Sirius the best sports package around.

RODGER
02-09-2006, 07:30 AM
If you're a football fanatic, there is no such thing as an off-season. Once the Superbowl ends, it's all about the NFL Draft 24/7 and off-season moves. It's almost as busy as the actual season. 16 weeks in season, but you have training camps, playoffs, and draft prep and post-draft time. The NFL hardcores (and there's plenty of them) get their money's worth on Sirius. Football is the #1 sport in this country. And Sirius NFL channel only got stronger now that the NFL Network (TV channel affiliated with Sirius NFL 124) will be broadcasting 8 games next year on TV. Sirius has Hockey for this season and then turns it over to XM, but having NBA, Nascar in 07 will plus Premier Soccer leagues and March Madness keep Sirius the best sports package around.

thats awesome, didn't know that there is that much activy on the off season.

both XM and siruis is doing really well in the sports dept....
i know XM had the nascar, but something happened....money maybe? i hate car racing, but man, that is a popular sport. i can;t believe the amount of people that likes nascar.

NickT
02-09-2006, 07:40 AM
Sorry, I don't get all this stuff. You have to have either Sirius OR XM, you can't have both?

Petey Parker
02-09-2006, 07:42 AM
Sorry, I don't get all this stuff. You have to have either Sirius OR XM, you can't have both?

You can have both. But much like Coke and Pepsi, people choose their favorite.

Bill?
02-09-2006, 07:42 AM

they're two different services, and you hav to buy different equipment to get them.
i guess you could have them both. but it'd be pretty expensive.

RODGER
02-09-2006, 07:43 AM
You can have both. But much like Coke and Pepsi, people choose their favorite.

dr. pepper bitches!!!!!!

NickT
02-09-2006, 07:44 AM
they're two different services, and you hav to buy different equipment to get them.
i guess you could have them both. but it'd be pretty expensive.
Odd. We just have digital radio I think, no this or the other situation.

Petey Parker
02-09-2006, 07:45 AM
dr. pepper bitches!!!!!!

Right on. I love Dr. Pepper.

Simps
02-09-2006, 07:47 AM

Watching you two is like watching handicapped children argue over math equations, I love it.

RODGER
02-09-2006, 07:49 AM

thats the power of america my friend!!!!!

if you want any O&A, shoot me a pm and i'll send some out to ya.
or check out www.oavirus.com
they have alot of stuff for free download.

Bill?
02-09-2006, 07:50 AM

well thats because you're a bunch of communists with a state run media.
we have a free market system, comrade!
:eek:

RODGER
02-09-2006, 07:55 AM
they've been on radio for ten years, they are not cult, they failed. its over. they came ot satelite and nothing happened. they had a lot of listeners and hardly any of them came with. ten years!!!! and they have nothing to show for it.

man, they were off for 2 1/2 years.
i wear my O&A shirt and people always come up to me and say that they remember them and what happened to them......i have to tell them about XM.

and i do agree that XM missed the boat on not promoting them better. not in the whole country, cause they weren't national.......but in the cities that loved them....new york, cleveland, boston, phily, new orleans....ect...there should have been huge billboards saying that there were back. not sure that XM relised how popular they really were when they were on.

NickT
02-09-2006, 07:55 AM
well thats because you're a bunch of communists with a state run media.
we have a free market system, comrade!
:eek:
In Soviet Britain, tea stirs you!

Doug
02-09-2006, 07:59 AM

I wouldn't call them failures, far from it in fact. They have a bunch of loyal fans (is it as much as they had on regular radio? No, but Howard's fanbase has shrunk too), and I assume that they get paid pretty well.

I think the boys are doing just fine.

They've helped launch the carreer of Jim Norton.

You're compairing them to Howard, probably the most successful person on the raido, of course they are going to come up short. Even Casey Kasum would come up short compaired to Howard.

O&A are doing just fine, and I don't think they are going anywhere.

markhow
02-09-2006, 08:04 AM

If they are not major players why did XM put a bilboard up at the world's most famous arena, Madison Square Garden

If they are not major players why did XM buy front page ads in the NY Post, and other major city newspapers, promoting their show.

If they are not major players why did XM bring them to the CES Convention to do their show live from the floor of the convention.

If they are not major players why do Stern and Bubba the Love Cock bring up O and A at all.

Just because you don't like them dosen't mean they are failures.

Peace,
Mark

DaveCummings
02-09-2006, 08:39 AM
I prefer my XM. Sirius seems too dependant on Howard Stern, which I fucking lost interest in the show really quickly. I mean ooooh he can curse on there, big fucking deal. I mean it seems like every fucking time I'd listen to Howard, all he'd do is go on and on about Sirius and his assumption that everyone who has sirius is listening to him now.

Sorry. I loved Howard when I first listened to him, around the release of Private Parts when Indianapolis finally had his show, until it was dropped in 2000. But, now I really could care less.

Hell, I don't give a fuck about O&A either.

That said, I love my XM. I listened to other people's Sirius recievers and they sound like shit. That and overall, I prefer the programming of XM.

But hey, the whole XM vs Sirius thing is stupid anyways. It's alot like the PC vs Mac thing. Both like to say how their preference is so much greater than the others (and with both of them, one side has a sizable larger market share than the others)

But I'm curious to see how long it'll be before Howard gets all pissed about how things are run there and tries to jump ship.

~Dave

Chingòn
02-09-2006, 08:53 AM
They've helped launch the carreer of Jim Norton.

more people know about jim norton through comedy central and colin quinn than know him through o&a.

Doug
02-09-2006, 09:00 AM
more people know about jim norton through comedy central and colin quinn than know him through o&a.

He joined the team back when they were on WNEW, and that is long before Colin's show. Soon, June or July I think, he'll be on an HBO show, but I think his popularity started when Andrew Dice Clay introduced him to O&A.

I definately believe that O&A helped Jimmy gain his popularity.

LazyComix
02-09-2006, 09:12 AM
thats the power of america my friend!!!!!

if you want any O&A, shoot me a pm and i'll send some out to ya.
or check out www.oavirus.com
they have alot of stuff for free download.

Or you could look under the seat of a Long Island Railroad Train for the free newspaper they did an interview in a few weeks ago.

Chingòn
02-09-2006, 09:15 AM
He joined the team back when they were on WNEW, and that is long before Colin's show. Soon, June or July I think, he'll be on an HBO show, but I think his popularity started when Andrew Dice Clay introduced him to O&A.

I definately believe that O&A helped Jimmy gain his popularity.
you can believe that all you want, but it's not hard to see that a national cable tv show is going to give more exposure than a spottily syndicated radio show.

DrMachine
02-09-2006, 09:17 AM

not the same thing, we have HI-Def and Digital Radio (free OTA) here but neither of those is the same as the pay-service satellite radio

CraigM
02-09-2006, 09:20 AM
thats awesome, didn't know that there is that much activy on the off season.

both XM and siruis is doing really well in the sports dept....
i know XM had the nascar, but something happened....money maybe? i hate car racing, but man, that is a popular sport. i can;t believe the amount of people that likes nascar.
Are you joking me? Sirius has the NFL, NBA, March Madness, and College Sports (5 conferences compared to the 3 that XM has). What does XM have? MLB and Nascar, which goes to Sirius next year.

There's no competition on that end.

Craig

RODGER
02-09-2006, 09:30 AM
Are you joking me? Sirius has the NFL, NBA, March Madness, and College Sports (5 conferences compared to the 3 that XM has). What does XM have? MLB and Nascar, which goes to Sirius next year.

Craig
sorry bro, can't agree sports.....i don;t know anything about sports.

i know XM has hockey. and that's like really big in canada

Simps
02-09-2006, 09:45 AM

Craig

You can't really say that MLB, which runs from March/April to October with MANY more games than football isn't a big deal. Of all the sports you listed, baseball is the biggest, and that would be hard to dispute.

CraigM
02-09-2006, 10:16 AM
You can't really say that MLB, which runs from March/April to October with MANY more games than football isn't a big deal. Of all the sports you listed, baseball is the biggest, and that would be hard to dispute.
Yeah, except NFL is the biggest sport in the USA right now. It's the most popular according to attendance and ratings, it's also the sport getting the most money with the deals it's getting for television and radio rights. It's a huge sport, the top sport right now in the USA. Now, whether or not NBA or MLB is the second biggest sport in the USA is debateable. MLB is making a comeback finally after the strike, and NBA has been on the rise as well. Even if NBA is #3, having the NFL and NBA trumps having MLB.

Craig

Simps
02-09-2006, 10:21 AM
Yeah, except NFL is the biggest sport in the USA right now. It's the most popular according to attendance and ratings, it's also the sport getting the most money with the deals it's getting for television and radio rights. It's a huge sport, the top sport right now in the USA. Now, whether or not NBA or MLB is the second biggest sport in the USA is debateable. MLB is making a comeback finally after the strike, and NBA has been on the rise as well. Even if NBA is #3, having the NFL and NBA trumps having MLB.

Anyone who is a football fanatic is going to already have a DirectTV or satellite package or whatever where they can watch the games, especially since they're on weekends. Why pay to LISTEN to football when you can WATCH it? Baseball started on radio, and has many more games, which are spread all over the week, and the season is twice as long.

RODGER
02-09-2006, 10:29 AM
amazing....

starts out with oprah, then to OA& and stern, and now on football and baseball....

we stink

Flonk
02-09-2006, 11:49 AM

:lol:

Where are you getting this info?

Deej
02-09-2006, 11:59 AM
If they are not major players why do Stern and Bubba the Love Cock bring up O and A at all.

Peace,
Mark

How many times has Stern brought up O&A?? I think twice since he went to satellite and that was just to laugh at how they need to promote themselves at his farewell speech because they can't do it on their own. It's like they try to ride on Stern's coat tails but continue to think they are much better than he is. Very Sad. They should be their own men and go out and promote themselves.

Randy Hassan
02-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Source?

RODGER
02-09-2006, 12:16 PM
How many times has Stern brought up O&A?? I think twice since he went to satellite and that was just to laugh at how they need to promote themselves at his farewell speech because they can't do it on their own. It's like they try to ride on Stern's coat tails but continue to think they are much better than he is. Very Sad. They should be their own men and go out and promote themselves.

i take it you didn't hear stern this week.....

Doug
02-09-2006, 12:28 PM
i take it you didn't hear stern this week.....

What did Stern say about the boys?

markhow
02-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Source?

I read about it here:
http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/stocks/media/10267002.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

Peace,
Mark

KingMob
02-09-2006, 01:08 PM
All I wanted to do was tickle the baby in the crib, I mean really, is that so wrong?

gaspar
02-09-2006, 01:11 PM

Craig

Exactly.

XM has MLB.

Sirius doesn't have MLB.

XM wins hands down.

No competition.

RODGER
02-09-2006, 01:20 PM
I read about it here:
http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/stocks/media/10267002.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

Peace,
Mark

from that article.....

Sirius has spent a fortune acquiring talent like Stern, and some investors are starting to want to see some payback on their investment. One analyst says it wouldn't be surprising to see Sirius raise its monthly rate $1 to $14. Consumers might not flinch if they think Sirius has better programming, and Wall Street can appreciate the move's boost to the top line.

Sirius shares jumped 19 cents to $5.68, while XM fell a penny to $23.54 in afternoon trading.

RODGER
02-09-2006, 01:22 PM
What did Stern say about the boys?

get yesterdays O&A show(2-8-06). they played the clips and had 1 or 2 things ot say.

LazyComix
02-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Exactly.

XM has MLB.

Sirius doesn't have MLB.

XM wins hands down.

No competition.

Ok. So sirius doesn't have MLB but does have NFL, NBA, College Sports, every March Madness Game and aren't they getting Nascar next year?

How is that hands down?

Oh wait. XM has hockey. A sport on par with O&A compared to the others. That must be what puts them over.

You O&A fans are insane. It's actually funny to read what you guys say. C'mon, gimme some more rip off bits they do.

Chingòn
02-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Exactly.

XM has MLB.

Sirius doesn't have MLB.

XM wins hands down.

No competition.
haha. baseball. a game so ridiculously lazy it could only have been invented in america.

Fourthman
02-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Howard mentioned O&A this morning, not that I think that prooves anything.

KingMob
02-09-2006, 01:39 PM
these threads are absoluetly ridiculous :lol:

gaspar
02-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Ok. So sirius doesn't have MLB but does have NFL, NBA, College Sports, every March Madness Game and aren't they getting Nascar next year?

How is that hands down?

Oh wait. XM has hockey. A sport on par with O&A compared to the others. That must be what puts them over.

You O&A fans are insane. It's actually funny to read what you guys say. C'mon, gimme some more rip off bits they do.

I'm not saying that XM has MORE than Sirius. I'm saying that XM has the one thing that I'd pay for...MLB. That's just me. I could give a shit less if I never hear a hockey game, March Madness, NFL, NBA, NASCAR, etc. on the radio. Baseball has 162 games per team and goes for 6 months plus spring training and playoffs. I can listen to baseball pretty damn constantly once spring training starts and they have a year round channel for MLB talk and info. Plus this season, XM is going to carry every game of the World Baseball Classic.

XM wins. No question. For me.

My guess is that most sports fans out there aren't "super fans" that will listen to any and all sports they can find on the radio. Most probably generally like sports, but have their favorite. For me, that favorite is, BY FAR, baseball. If Sirius had Stern, O&A, Oprah, Martha, Rush Limbaugh, Air America, Jim Rome, etc. etc. etc. AND Hockey, Football, Basketball, NCAA, Olympics and any other sport you can think of except baseball. And XM had no music, no talk, no news...only Major League Baseball. I'd pay my $12 a month for XM, no questions asked.

This is the same for hardcore Stern fans, O&A fans, etc. It's what makes XM worth the subscription price for me. I listen to other channels fairly regularly, but if Sirius announced tomorrow that it gained the rights to MLB broadcasts, I'd dump my XM on eBay and pick up a Sirius receiver. No question.

LazyComix
02-09-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm not saying that XM has MORE than Sirius. I'm saying that XM has the one thing that I'd pay for...MLB. That's just me. I could give a shit less if I never hear a hockey game, March Madness, NFL, NBA, NASCAR, etc. on the radio. Baseball has 162 games per team and goes for 6 months plus spring training and playoffs. I can listen to baseball pretty damn constantly once spring training starts and they have a year round channel for MLB talk and info. Plus this season, XM is going to carry every game of the World Baseball Classic.

XM wins. No question. For me.

My guess is that most sports fans out there aren't "super fans" that will listen to any and all sports they can find on the radio. Most probably generally like sports, but have their favorite. For me, that favorite is, BY FAR, baseball. If Sirius had Stern, O&A, Oprah, Martha, Rush Limbaugh, Air America, Jim Rome, etc. etc. etc. AND Hockey, Football, Basketball, NCAA, Olympics and any other sport you can think of except baseball. And XM had no music, no talk, no news...only Major League Baseball. I'd pay my $12 a month for XM, no questions asked.

This is the same for hardcore Stern fans, O&A fans, etc. It's what makes XM worth the subscription price for me. I listen to other channels fairly regularly, but if Sirius announced tomorrow that it gained the rights to MLB broadcasts, I'd dump my XM on eBay and pick up a Sirius receiver. No question.

I hear ya, man. I'm a HUGE Yankee fan... (You Houston fans better not talk shit about Andy Pettittie! :) ) I wish Sirius had MLB, but I'm home for just about every Yankee game on YES anyway, so it doesn't bother me that much.

What's going on with Clemens? Is he signed with anyone yet?

DaveCummings
02-09-2006, 02:03 PM

The only thing about that is that Baseball is a sport that was listened to on the radio, it grew up on the radio. The thing with the various sports is that Baseball, the way it's played lends itself great to the radio. Football and Basketball, not so much.

Just saying.

~Dave

Deej
02-09-2006, 02:40 PM
I read about it here:

Peace,
Mark

Wow...did you even read that article??? It says "One analyst says it wouldn't be surprising to see Sirius raise its monthly rate $1 to $14. "

Deej
02-09-2006, 02:43 PM
get yesterdays O&A show(2-8-06). they played the clips and had 1 or 2 things ot say.

HAHA! That's awesome that O&A plays Stern on the air! I love how even they are listening to Stern to learn from the master. BTW...a caller asked about the few O&A fans at his farewell speech and he only had a few words to say about that. No biggie.

RODGER
02-09-2006, 02:54 PM

things they rip off....
hmmm

they breath when they talk.....
take take some comcerial breaks.....
they have sound bytes....

things they don't rip off....
they don't have a "hole" (meaning robin).....
they don't take fridays off.....
they don't work for a sub-par company...

:)

RODGER
02-09-2006, 02:55 PM
HAHA! That's awesome that O&A plays Stern on the air! I love how even they are listening to Stern to learn from the master.

"learn from the master"????

right, that's exactly what they were doing....lol

Bill?
02-09-2006, 03:45 PM
"learn from the master"????

right, that's exactly what they were doing....lol

it is sort of funny how obsessed they are with him. it really gets under their skin how big he is.

RODGER
02-09-2006, 04:03 PM
it is sort of funny how obsessed they are with him. it really gets under their skin how big he is.

yes, they are obsessed. but not cause howard is big. they're not mad at that. they know he worked hard, and is great promoting himself and got to be the biggest thing in radio.....they're not mad at that.

what they are mad at is howard putting the gag order on them and and trying to hold them down.

Scottie
02-09-2006, 04:32 PM
I don't really know if you can say that "launching Jim Norton's career" is really a big huge accomplishment. I don't think I've seen him anywhere other than on Colin Quinn's show.

BENDIS!
02-09-2006, 04:50 PM
yes, they are obsessed. but not cause howard is big. they're not mad at that. they know he worked hard, and is great promoting himself and got to be the biggest thing in radio.....they're not mad at that.

what they are mad at is howard putting the gag order on them and and trying to hold them down.

they have no gag order now, why is no one listening?

they had a two year head start. look at all the programming howard is putting on, c and a ask listeners and guests comedians to do bits and wonder why no one cares, minimum effort = minimum audience

MIKE D
02-09-2006, 04:56 PM
I don't really know if you can say that "launching Jim Norton's career" is really a big huge accomplishment. I don't think I've seen him anywhere other than on Colin Quinn's show.

It's kind of like saying The Gong Show launched the career of Gene Gene The Dancing Machine.

Bill?
02-09-2006, 04:58 PM

howard didnt put any gag order on them. infinity did and they know that.
they were obsessed with him and beating his ratings long before that too.

alexlannin
02-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Never listened to XM or O and A, and I don't plan on it. I enjoy Sirius.

RODGER
02-09-2006, 05:21 PM
howard didnt put any gag order on them. infinity did and they know that.
they were obsessed with him and beating his ratings long before that too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/REALSANDMAN420/gagorderarticle1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/REALSANDMAN420/gagorderarticle2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/REALSANDMAN420/gagorder3.jpg

KingMob
02-09-2006, 05:25 PM
they had a two year head start. look at all the programming howard is putting on, c and a ask listeners and guests comedians to do bits and wonder why no one cares, minimum effort = minimum audience

at least the boys work 5 days a week. :razz:

RODGER
02-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Never listened to XM or O and A, and I don't plan on it. I enjoy Sirius.

thats cool.
a few people on here have tried them and enjoyed them. did you see hate_primes review? it was pretty positive....

if your enjoying howard and siruis, then by all means keep listening. it's great to have a show you enjoy listening to every day.....

RODGER
02-09-2006, 05:28 PM
they have no gag order now, why is no one listening?

talking of minimum effort.....jesus christ.....howard is re-recording old bits????? this is the new pioneer of radio?????? god forbid he work and come up with new shit........

KingMob
02-09-2006, 05:29 PM
talking of minimum effort.....jesus christ.....howard is re-recording old bits????? this is the new pioneer of radio?????? god forbid he work and come up with new shit........

lets not forget that he ripped off tissue time as well.

RODGER
02-09-2006, 05:30 PM
lets not forget that he ripped off tissue time as well.

bwahahahaha

hoo hoo

BENDIS!
02-09-2006, 05:53 PM

dude, come on, hours and hours of new programming every day,. he is recording a couple of old bits he loves and lost because he lost them to infinity.

hey, o and a record his old bits, whats their excuse ? :)

DrMachine
02-09-2006, 05:55 PM

and yet these are the same bits that O&A say are from his good years?

so which is it?

Bill?
02-09-2006, 06:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/REALSANDMAN420/gagorderarticle1.jpg

an article from the new york post isnt proof. but in it even they say the order came from "the suits".
they can blame howard all they want now, but he isnt the reason they failed.

DrMachine
02-09-2006, 06:01 PM
on a serious note...who's this guy?

http://www.scottferrall.net/default.php

Bill?
02-09-2006, 06:12 PM

some sports talk guy, looks like.
whats weird is it says he's on Fox Sports Radio. I think that runs on XM.

RODGER
02-09-2006, 06:15 PM
an article from the new york post isnt proof. but in it even they say the order came from "the suits".
they can blame howard all they want now, but he isnt the reason they failed.

wow, talk about being blind....lol

and they didn't fail. they were #1 in almost all markets they were in when they were on regular radio. and that is a fact

RODGER
02-09-2006, 06:15 PM

sports guy. he's insane.

if you like sports, check him out.

DrMachine
02-09-2006, 06:18 PM

and they didn't fail. they were #1 in almost all markets they were in when they were on regular radio. and that is a fact

facts are backed up with hard numbers...you've never actually given us any

and I'm not much of a sports fan...is that Farrel guy funny at all?

KingMob
02-09-2006, 06:23 PM

If its the same guy I'm thinking of I cant fucking stand him, his voice is irritating as all hell, he was tight with the mancow for a bit...so yeah, you get the idea.

I'm thinking if a ferrall guy that has a raspy voice and talks endlessly about god knows what.

Deej
02-09-2006, 06:26 PM

EXTREMELY pathetic attempt at dissing Howard. It's so horrible that Stern is recreating some of his old songs and it's okay for O&A to admittingly copy him? Very weak case you're bringing up...just let it go.

KingMob
02-09-2006, 06:27 PM
EXTREMELY pathetic attempt at dissing Howard. It's so horrible that Stern is recreating some of his old songs and it's okay for O&A to admittingly copy him? Very weak case you're bringing up...just let it go.

hey, you are the one responding to him :lol:

Bill?
02-09-2006, 06:28 PM

they did ok in some markets. in the afternoon (which is very different than morning drive.) but they arent on regular radio anymore. they killed their chance to make it.

KingMob
02-09-2006, 06:35 PM
they did ok in some markets. in the afternoon (which is very different than morning drive.) but they arent on regular radio anymore. they killed their chance to make it.

yes, I believe they were cooked after that one thing as far as regular radio was concerned.

DrMachine
02-09-2006, 06:37 PM
If its the same guy I'm thinking of I cant fucking stand him, his voice is irritating as all hell, he was tight with the mancow for a bit...so yeah, you get the idea.

I'm thinking if a ferrall guy that has a raspy voice and talks endlessly about god knows what.

Actually I think I may know who he is then...I'll avoid

thanks

RODGER
02-09-2006, 06:49 PM
facts are backed up with hard numbers...you've never actually given us any

and I'm not much of a sports fan...is that Farrel guy funny at all?

i wish i had the hard numbers.....i really do. but they are very honest when they talked about the numbers when the books came in. they talked when they were #1 and when they were doing crappy (wash d.c. for example)

and i know they were telling the truth cause one time don from the don and mike show called up and they talked about the numbers and he would have called them out if they were lying.....they hated each other. don and mike and O&A did not get along at all.
and why do you think they were syndacated in all those cities? cause no one listened? they had shitty rateings? think about it.....

i like farrel just cause he never shuts up, and he goes on and on and on and yells and fights....the man is nuts. i do a pretty good imspernation, but it doesn't translate well over the computer...lol

RODGER
02-09-2006, 06:50 PM
yes, I believe they were cooked after that one thing as far as regular radio was concerned.

not so fast my friend......there's talk

thats all i'm saying.

RODGER
02-09-2006, 06:51 PM

like i said before.....you don't get syndacted in many many markets just for doing "ok"

sigh

DrMachine
02-09-2006, 06:52 PM
like i said before.....you don't get syndacted in many many markets just for doing "ok"

sigh

another opinion

RODGER
02-09-2006, 06:53 PM

your not pissed about that? i would be

i'm friends with a member of this board, and he is a huge howard fan....and he's pissed about that.....and only on 4 days a week too.

and i told him about the possible price increase...he wasn't too happy.

and how did O&A "admittingly copy him?" as you said....

RODGER
02-09-2006, 06:54 PM
another opinion

glad your not running a radio station...lol

DrMachine
02-09-2006, 06:56 PM
glad your not running a radio station...lol

I'm glad you're an O&A fan, you do them proud

RODGER
02-09-2006, 06:58 PM
I'm glad you're an O&A fan, you do them proud

well, if you were running a radio station.....would you get a show that was just doing ok? was a proven #1 show in many markets men 18-49?

DrMachine
02-09-2006, 06:59 PM
well, if you were running a radio station.....would you get a show that was just doing ok? was a proven #1 show in many markets men 18-49?
you're missing the point, and changing the subject

I DON'T run a radio station...that's not the issue...the issue was their ratings...you are using conjecture and opinion to draw a conclusion that you are passing off as fact

it isn't a fact

Flonk
02-09-2006, 07:23 PM

Don't forget the Pat O'Brian tapes. :roll:

Flonk
02-09-2006, 07:23 PM

OK, that was a good one. :nonono2:

RODGER
02-09-2006, 08:49 PM
dude, come on, hours and hours of new programming every day,. he is recording a couple of old bits he loves and lost because he lost them to infinity.

hours of new programming......4 days a week and 9 months a year. the least he can do is come up with new stuff......all paycheck and no passion

and bits did O&A record of howards? name 1, cause i can't think of any

Bill?
02-09-2006, 08:54 PM
hours of new programming......4 days a week and 9 months a year. the least he can do is come up with new stuff......all paycheck and no passion

and bits did O&A record of howards? name 1, cause i can't think of any

I think by "hours of new programming" he's including all the new shows and things he's developing for his channels. he's got a few that include him in the works. and many of the ones without him include his regular cast and crew.

Flonk
02-09-2006, 11:49 PM
I think by "hours of new programming" he's including all the new shows and things he's developing for his channels. he's got a few that include him in the works. and many of the ones without him include his regular cast and crew.

Speaking of which, has Howard ever adressed the fact that he used to call Bubba the Love Sponge one of his clones and that he would be "embarassed to be on the same station as a Bubba the Love Sponge", but now Bubba is "a funny guy who has a different sensability from his [Howard's] show"?

Bill?
02-10-2006, 12:28 AM
Speaking of which, has Howard ever adressed the fact that he used to call Bubba the Love Sponge one of his clones and that he would be "embarassed to be on the same station as a Bubba the Love Sponge", but now Bubba is "a funny guy who has a different sensability from his [Howard's] show"?

they've touched on it a little. I think Howard gained some respect for Bubba because of the way he was treated when he was fired. he seems to like the idea that he could give somebody like that the same chance he was getting to do the show they want to do. Howard also made a somewhat revealing statment a week or so ago (I think he was talking about Dee Snider or something), he spoke about how things are different on SIRIUS and how he doesn't really have to feel so competitive with guys from regular radio now. he also said something about how he should be more flattered when others try to do shows like his.
whats sort of funny about it is sometimes when they mention Bubba's show, Howard does seem a little embarassed or freaked out by what goes on.

Chingòn
02-10-2006, 03:53 AM
Bob and Tom. #1 in many markets. (most of them in areas where "cletus" is a very popular name)

Deej
02-10-2006, 04:42 AM

i'm friends with a member of this board, and he is a huge howard fan....and he's pissed about that.....and only on 4 days a week too.

Why would I be pissed about him re-doing old bits like the BackDoor Boys song?? It's funny then and funny now. It's not like he's playing it every day...just every now and then.

4 Days a week is not necessarily true. He's been on 5 days this week. And I thought the Friday show he was off on was pretty interesting.

And...a O&A fan has said in a previous thread that O&A has admitted to taken some of Stern's ideas and re-doing them their way.

ERNIE_E
02-11-2006, 06:52 AM

Old bits or new bits. Bottom Line, is it funny? I've watched Shawshank on both network TV and on DVD. I've enjoyed both, but I like it better on DVD when it's unedited. And I could see that film several more times. I listen to comedy CD's all the time, and love hearing them again, even though I know the punchline.

Considering that his show has a lot more meat with a fraction of the commercials, I'm actually getting just as much of the show as it was on K-Rock. He just did this past Friday show. And who knows what kind of rotation he'll go. It doesn't matter to me. I get to hear his show three different ways with a west coast feed, and replay at night. I was never able to do that on broadcast radio. If I missed it, I missed it, or I'd have to tape it all day. Now if I want to relive it or tape a specific moment, I can do it at night or on a replay.

Look, If I put over 20-30 years in an industry, I expect to earn enough vacation over the years to have that time off. I know people in a company who've been there for 10 years and they earn enough vacation to take of nearly two months of work. So Why can't Howard? Because people are paying? Well there's enough programming on not just his two channels but 150 other channels that people can find something on a Friday. And the Friday show is still in experimentation.

I do want to have some mornings to myself too. I'd imagine it's pretty hard to go full tilt like that with out some breaks. Plus I'm going to assume he might spend some of that time off to do other projects. If not, I'm cool with it.

Higher costs? Eh, just speculation. I've got my monthly fee locked in for another half year. I subscribed in September of 04 and if there's a higher fee, then it won't affect me for at least through the summer. I've felt that for $13 I've had the bargain of a lifetime, so as long as it's not a $5-10 jump, I won't bitch a lot.

people want to speculate how things will change, how people will eventually get ripped off, but it's all shit you people want to throw to discourage the party. It's a fun time and people are jealous that he's done a good start on his word. Roger, you can spew all the anti-Howard or Anti-Sirius you want. He's provided a quality product that plenty of people are willing to pay for. Roll your eyes all you want at his old bits, and "yawn yawn" shows, or him doing a show for 4 days, fact is, that he brought over millions and once people discover other channels, they'll realize that Howard is one of hundreds of programs to check out. Or not. Many Howard fans have now two channels and 7 days a week's worth of programming to immerse themselves in. I have no complaints whatsoever all of Howard's move.