PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the NY show this month?

MACK!
02-03-2006, 05:27 PM
I will have a table there with Brian Bendis and Mike Oeming.
Please stop by and say hello.

I'll have Kabuki The Alchemy # 6 there.
As well prints and Kabuki collections, and original art.

We will be signing the entire time. at no charge.
It's going to be fun. :)

CraigM
02-03-2006, 07:44 PM
I wish I could make it there. I'll be at Megacon instead.

Any chance of you hitting up WW LA?

Craig

dimeshop
02-03-2006, 08:46 PM
I will be there, I'm bringing some friends. Looking forward to having a good time.

Jacob Lyon Goddard
02-03-2006, 08:49 PM
might be
if i do i'll be dragon-lining it, and hostel hopping

stevapalooza
02-03-2006, 10:17 PM
I'll be there. I even have a high-falutin' professional's pass. Look for me at the trade show on Friday afternoon! I'll be the guy no one knows or recognizes.

SteveZegers
02-06-2006, 03:35 AM
I'll be there. I think I may be a voulenteer at the ACTOR booth, but I'm not sure when.

Ray G.
02-06-2006, 06:08 AM
Most definitely. And the three of you can expect to meet me. I'll be the scrawny fanboy holding a copy of USM #25 to be signed while hyperventilating. :D

ds9
02-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Thank you Mack

Pat Loika
02-06-2006, 11:04 AM
I'll be there. Will you have any new prints?

P.

MACK!
02-08-2006, 07:53 AM
I'll be there. Will you have any new prints?

P.

I think I will!

And I'll have the new Kabuki #6 there.
Marvel just confirmed it with me. It will be in stores the Wed. before the show.

I'll have the regular and Mignola cover there.

And I just painted a cover for a Wolverine novel. I'll see if they let me show it at the con.

Jonny Z
02-08-2006, 08:28 AM
i'll be there!! i guess if you're sitting with bendis i'll have to talk to him too... sigh :p

Dannñ B
02-08-2006, 11:35 AM
I'll have to get Kabuki 5, since my store didn't get me a copy.

Colin Solan
02-14-2006, 10:47 AM
I'll be there. Looking forward to it

sonnylarue
02-14-2006, 04:00 PM
I'll be there David, looking forward to seeing you again.

PhilipClark
02-15-2006, 07:16 AM
I'll be there, and I hope you might be able to swing by our shindig Saturday night.

J.D. Lombardi
02-17-2006, 04:35 PM
I'm cutting back this year so I won't be hitting it. But I WILL be keeping an eye on it. All this "east coast version of SD" hype has got my curiosity piqued.

santangelop
02-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Hey David,

I would love to bring my Nephew down to meet you guys. Will all three of you be there signing on Friday?

Thanks

Pat Santangelo
Long Island, NY

MACK!
02-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Hey David,

I would love to bring my Nephew down to meet you guys. Will all three of you be there signing on Friday?

Thanks

Pat Santangelo
Long Island, NY

We intend to be there the entire time.

Please stop by and introduce yourself.
See you there!

dimeshop
02-19-2006, 12:15 PM
David, are you going to be doing any panels?

santangelop
02-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Will do and thanks for your reply.

Pat Santangelo

MACK!
02-19-2006, 05:25 PM
David, are you going to be doing any panels?

Not that I know of.
I'm going to try to be at my booth the entire time.

I'll be happy to answer any questions and discuss at my booth the entire time.
Feel welcome to treat it as a long panel if you like! :)

Pat Loika
02-19-2006, 06:10 PM
It looks like I'll finally be able to get a group photo with the MOB. :)

P.

dimeshop
02-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Not that I know of.
I'm going to try to be at my booth the entire time.

I'll be happy to answer any questions and discuss at my booth the entire time.
Feel welcome to treat it as a long panel if you like! :)

cool.

I'm just finally finishing up the copy of Circle of Blood I bought from you at Toronto last year (as well as the free books you tossed in). I will def. stop by.

This con is really shaping up to be a great time.

MACK!
02-19-2006, 10:14 PM
cool.

I'm just finally finishing up the copy of Circle of Blood I bought from you at Toronto last year (as well as the free books you tossed in). I will def. stop by.

This con is really shaping up to be a great time.

It's going to be great.
There hasn't been a big NY con at the Javitz center for 10 years.
I think it will be huge. And really fun.

Let me know what you think of Circle of Blood when you finish it.

evophile
02-20-2006, 05:28 AM
It's going to be great.
There hasn't been a big NY con at the Javitz center for 10 years.
I think it will be huge. And really fun.

I don't think I've been to a NY con sense the Javitz ones back then...I was a crazy kid then, buying a bunch of Valiants and junk.

Although, even though I really didn't know who you were back then Mack, I always remember seeing that guy with the cool art with that "japanese chick" at all the cons.

Of course, now I know what's up and can't get enough, heh.

Looking foward to it!

PeterSparker
02-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Really looking forward to meeting you DM. The MOB table will be the place to be! 8)

and I've only read 'Circle of Blood' myself so far (yeah I know, I know ...but it was great!) so I'll have to pick up a few other Kabuki trades from you this weekend. I'll also have to bring my 'Wake Up' trade to have both you and Bendis sign it. Cool

btw, as a total long shot, any chance the original painting of Shu Qi for this Ruule cover is available David? I've always loved it, and figured I'd at least ask. I'm sure its not, and it's probably out of my price range anyway (which is a pretty small range :) ), but if you want to send me a quote, if it was available that is, please do. I'm a fan of hers, and of yours, so its an all time favorite of mine.
http://www.shuqi.org/multi/pictures/magazine_covers/thumbs/sq_ganglords-t.jpg

Here's to NYC, and a great weekend ahead!

Keith

MACK!
02-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Really looking forward to meeting you DM. The MOB table will be the place to be! 8)

and I've only read 'Circle of Blood' myself so far (yeah I know, I know ...but it was great!) so I'll have to pick up a few other Kabuki trades from you this weekend. I'll also have to bring my 'Wake Up' trade to have both you and Bendis sign it. Cool

btw, as a total long shot, any chance the original painting of Shu Qi for this Ruule cover is available David? I've always loved it, and figured I'd at least ask. I'm sure its not, and it's probably out of my price range anyway (which is a pretty small range :) ), but if you want to send me a quote, if it was available that is, please do. I'm a fan of hers, and of yours, so its an all time favorite of mine.
http://www.shuqi.org/multi/pictures/magazine_covers/thumbs/sq_ganglords-t.jpg

Here's to NYC, and a great weekend ahead!

Keith

Sounds great. Please introduce yourself so I know who I'm talking too!
I'll be happy to sign anything you bring, or any of the trades I have at the table.

Sorry, I did sell that cover early on. I think Jeff Amano bought it right after I did it for him years ago. And I think he may have donated it to the Katrina auction not to long ago. So I think someone else may have it now.

The average for one of my painted covers like that usually starts around 2k.
But I think I may have some Alias covers at the show for a bit less.

And I'll have lots of DD and Kabuki interior originals as well.

THWIP!
02-20-2006, 10:53 PM
I'll be there David. I want you to sign my first DD HC.

Tschloendorn
02-27-2006, 08:01 AM
I just wanted to say it was great seeing you again on Friday at the show.
I never got back in on Sat to pick up the next trade in the line for me,which is #5, or the singles of the new series,but there's always Philly if your going to be there this year.

secretasiangirl v.2
02-27-2006, 09:32 AM
well, i was there... but too embarrassed to say 'hey, i'm secretasiangirl!'...
sounds pretty silly... :Oops:
i'm glad to have the newer issues from the alchemy that i was missing...
the painted covers were insane to see in person... really liked that collage-y one... too bad i'm too poor to buy it!
like everyone says... mack seems like a really nice guy :)

MACK!
03-02-2006, 05:28 PM
well, i was there... but too embarrassed to say 'hey, i'm secretasiangirl!'...
sounds pretty silly... :Oops:
i'm glad to have the newer issues from the alchemy that i was missing...
the painted covers were insane to see in person... really liked that collage-y one... too bad i'm too poor to buy it!
like everyone says... mack seems like a really nice guy :)

So you were there at my table and didn't introduce yourself from the board at all?
Why not :)
Did we speak?

MACK!
03-02-2006, 05:30 PM
I just wanted to say it was great seeing you again on Friday at the show.
I never got back in on Sat to pick up the next trade in the line for me,which is #5, or the singles of the new series,but there's always Philly if your going to be there this year.

Thanks for stopping by.
The con was a blast!

I think you will like #5. But I sold out of all my books on Saturday anyway, the show was so busy.

I should have enough at the next one.

Jacob Lyon Goddard
03-02-2006, 06:47 PM
*tap dances*

MACK!
03-02-2006, 08:39 PM
sorry about mentioning a particular person on Sunday, i didn't realize there was still that level of friction

I'm sorry but I can't recall what you are talking about.
PM me because now I'm really curious who I have the friction with.

PhilipClark
03-03-2006, 07:39 AM
David,

GREAT to see you again this past weekend.

Read Alchemy #6 and I have a question I'll pose to you in a different thread.

Peace out,
PC

secretasiangirl v.2
03-06-2006, 01:50 PM
So you were there at my table and didn't introduce yourself from the board at all?
Why not :)
Did we speak?
yeah, i was quiet... but i did buy a bunch of the alchemy issues that i had missed... unfortunately, i didn't see #6 around (guess i could've asked, huh?)
i felt silly mentioning the boards... plus, i was having an ugly day... ever just feel really bloated & icky? probably not, right? ;)
plus, i had no idea you were going to be there... i've been m.i.a. for a while...
or i would've brought some kabuki issues for you to sign or at least more $$ so i could pick up more trades!
btw, the newer issues are great... i always feel like i'm getting my money's worth... :)

MACK!
03-06-2006, 07:27 PM
yeah, i was quiet... but i did buy a bunch of the alchemy issues that i had missed... unfortunately, i didn't see #6 around (guess i could've asked, huh?)
i felt silly mentioning the boards... plus, i was having an ugly day... ever just feel really bloated & icky? probably not, right? ;)
plus, i had no idea you were going to be there... i've been m.i.a. for a while...
or i would've brought some kabuki issues for you to sign or at least more $$ so i could pick up more trades!
btw, the newer issues are great... i always feel like i'm getting my money's worth... :)

I think I just might remember who you are :)
The person who got the other Alchemy issues but not #6 :)

I did have plenty of ALchemy #6. In fact, that is the only book or issue that I didn't sell out of at the con, because I had boxes of them shipped to me right from the printer to NY.
Sorry if they weren't visible. They may have had some original art over them if someone was looking at that. It got kind of crowded at times.

Well, next time feel welcome to mention your secret ID or to ask any questions you want :)

Thanks for stoppy by and picking up the books.

I'm really glad you like the new issues.