PDA

View Full Version : Who here is a plant?

Jim T.
02-02-2006, 07:09 AM
Show of hands?

Penny Arcade's had an on-going topic in the last couple of days about guerilla marketing (http://www.penny-arcade.com/) and how these companies apparently plant people on message boards, have them hang around for a while, and then, once they've become part of the community, have them start subtly marketing games or other products to the other board members.

I, for one, am I outraged by this. Here I am, wasting literally hours on this board every day, and I'm not getting paid one red cent! I want in on this and I want in now!!! If any of you are shills, bring me aboard! I'd be perfect - I've been here for years, haven't been banned, don't come off like an asshole (I hope). I'm ready to market for you and your corporate overlords!

SteveZegers
02-02-2006, 07:10 AM
Calm down and have a refreshing Coke Zero! Mmmmmm that's good soder!

nihilance
02-02-2006, 07:10 AM
Obviously I am a plant...I just use reverse psychology.

Jonny Z
02-02-2006, 07:11 AM
:)

no comment

Gregory
02-02-2006, 07:11 AM
I, for one, am I outraged by this. Here I am, wasting literally hours on this board every day, and I'm not getting paid one red cent!

Since I post while at work, I DO get paid for it.

Jim T.
02-02-2006, 07:13 AM

Well, sure - me, too - but we could be getting paid twice!!!

Saul Colt
02-02-2006, 07:15 AM
:wave: :wave:

I am a shill for Silent Devil

saul

Taki Soma
02-02-2006, 07:16 AM
chocolate gum! chocolate gum!

t00lverine
02-02-2006, 07:16 AM
Back in my Newsarama days, Crossgen used to pull this shit. Posters would talk about the huge buzz surrounding CG products and how these books were the most overlooked bookes ever. It was good times.

Gregory
02-02-2006, 07:17 AM
Well, sure - me, too - but we could be getting paid twice!!!

Maybe we should set up a service where people outsource their posts to us while they go to lunch. That way they can stay in the middle of arguments and punchline contests.

NickT
02-02-2006, 07:20 AM
You know what made me laugh though? They had that comic about the game Black doing this, I came here and what did I see? Someone praising the game Black :D

Pat Loika
02-02-2006, 07:23 AM
DS9 works for DC. Shhh. :P

P.

Jim T.
02-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Maybe we should set up a service where people outsource their posts to us while they go to lunch. That way they can stay in the middle of arguments and punchline contests.

You, sir, are super genius. We could have a flat rate for maintaining the argument, a premium rate for winning the argument, a super premium rate for escalating the argument into a flame war. We could take it beyond lunch hours - overnights! We could charge extra for posts that Bendis responds to! The mind boggles at the possibilities... 8-)

Jim T.
02-02-2006, 07:26 AM
You know what made me laugh though? They had that comic about the game Black doing this, I came here and what did I see? Someone praising the game Black :D

Who was it? I may need to send them my resume...

Gavin
02-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Same here, but it would be cool to get paid twice over for this.

AAlgar
02-02-2006, 07:27 AM
That's just ridiculous. It's not like anyone here relentlessly posts about something they think we should be buying. Really now, God gave you THE GIFT of common sense, try to use it a little.

DrMachine
02-02-2006, 07:30 AM
DS9 works for DC. Shhh. :P

P.

NOW he makes sense

Jim T.
02-02-2006, 07:30 AM
That's just ridiculous. It's not like anyone here relentlessly posts about something they thing we should be buying. Really now, God gave you THE GIFT of common sense, try to use it a little.

Don't try to deflect attention - I have the feeling that there is a direct correlation between your posts and Ambush Bug back issue sales. Who are YOU working for, Mr. AAlger (if that is you're real name)?

Bradford
02-02-2006, 07:31 AM
Can anyone recommend some effective penis enlargement products?

RyanP
02-02-2006, 07:31 AM
You know, sitting on your ass for such long periods of time can really aggrivate your hemaroids. My suggestion? The cool relief of Preperation H.

AAlgar
02-02-2006, 07:33 AM
Don't try to deflect attention - I have the feeling that there is a direct correlation between your posts and Ambush Bug back issue sales. Who are YOU working for, Mr. AAlger (if that is you're real name)?

As a matter of fact, AAlger is not my real name.

TIP
02-02-2006, 07:34 AM
That's just ridiculous. It's not like anyone here relentlessly posts about something they think we should be buying. Really now, God gave you THE GIFT of common sense, try to use it a little.

:lol:

T
(off to buy second and third copies of THE HECKLER)

AAlgar
02-02-2006, 07:36 AM
Also, I have it on good authoritah that TIP is really a fern.

Jonny Z
02-02-2006, 07:40 AM
buy my book! buy my book!

http://www.leiturasanitaria.blogger.com.br/img_sherman.gif

TIP
02-02-2006, 07:41 AM
Also, I have it on good authoritah that TIP is really a fern.

My father, Paco Fernandez, weeps.

T

Gregory
02-02-2006, 07:41 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/heygregory/audrey.jpg

Would you like a Cadillac car?
Or a guest shot on Jack Paar?
How about a date with Hedy Lamarr?
You can get it.

nihilance
02-02-2006, 07:44 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/heygregory/audrey.jpg

Would you like a Cadillac car?
Or a guest shot on Jack Paar?
How about a date with Hedy Lamarr?
You can get it.
Gee I'd like a Harley machine
Cruisin' around like I was James Dean
Making all the guys on the corner turn green.
So go get it! Woo-woo-woo-oo-oo!

GelfXIII
02-02-2006, 07:53 AM
I'm always suspicious of people who start the "Such-and-such Expanded DVD coming out today!" posts or the "Whozi-whatsis for PSP completely rocks!" posts.

It may be innocent enthusiasm, or...?

ItsDLEVY
02-02-2006, 07:54 AM
I am a sunflower.

AAlgar
02-02-2006, 07:56 AM
I'm always suspicious of people who start the "Such-and-such Expanded DVD coming out today!" posts or the "Whozi-whatsis for PSP completely rocks!" posts.

It may be innocent enthusiasm, or...?

It could be that the entire board is some kind of elaborate Truman Show setup, dedicated entirely toward the end of observing your reactions.

Crap, I am so banned now.

GelfXIII
02-02-2006, 08:01 AM
It could be that the entire board is some kind of elaborate Truman Show setup, dedicated entirely toward the end of observing your reactions.

Only if you are actually real, and not a program designed to imitate a poster in order to guage my reactions!

Remember, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't watching you!

AAlgar
02-02-2006, 08:02 AM
Only if you are actually real, and not a program designed to imitate a poster in order to guage my reactions!

Remember, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't watching you!

I never did Turing test well.

GelfXIII
02-02-2006, 08:03 AM
Where is William Gibson when we need him?

HoneyDippinDan
02-02-2006, 10:20 AM
http://www.ledzeppelin.ru/pa/im/RP_1973-02.jpg

Are you ready to get the Led out?

Smokinblues
02-02-2006, 10:24 AM

now that could never be true, experiment #3435-- err I mean Aalgar.