PDA

View Full Version : more news on Sticky Fingaz as Blade the Vampire Hunter

innocentboy
02-01-2006, 04:15 PM
www.eurweb.com/story.cfm?id=24628

*Kirk “Sticky Fingaz” Jones will begin daywalking on Spike TV’s “Blade” in June, the network announced. The former rapper is to suit up in the lead role made famous in the film trilogy by Wesley Snipes.

Based on the Marvel Entertainment superhero, Sticky will portray the half-man, half-vampire who fights a shadowy underworld of vampires who want to destroy the human race. David S. Goyer, who wrote the screenplays for the "Blade" trilogy, is executive producing the TV series for New Line Television.

Spike TV has ordered a total of 13 hours, including the previously announced two-hour pilot/original movie. The pickup marks the cable network’s first venture into scripted series. It will be Sticky’s first role since starring in the cancelled FX series “Over There.”

Marvel Studios' Avi Arad and Ari Arad and New Line's Jim Rosenthal and Jon Kroll are also executive producing.

*To mark what would have been Jam Master Jay's 41st birthday on Jan. 21, Sticky joined Canadian radio personality Raoul "Deejay Ra" Juneja to record a public service announcement in honor of the slain deejay.

SOHH.com reports that in the P.S.A., Fingaz gives props to other deejays for keeping Jam Master Jay's legacy alive. The P.S.A. is also part of Deejay Ra's "Hip-Hop Literacy" campaign, which encourages kids to learn more about Jam Master Jay through his biography, “The Heart Of Hip-Hop.”

Greenville 90210
02-01-2006, 05:08 PM
Thanks for posting this.

innocentboy
02-01-2006, 05:22 PM
my pleasure

kubiak
02-01-2006, 06:27 PM
The short preview they showed on Spike TV looked pretty decent. Sticky did a good job in character, and seemed pretty cool in the interview thing.

I've got higher hopes for this show than I expected to.