PDA

View Full Version : Need to know what kind of Blue Line Pro paper to get...

Nick_Ardill
01-29-2006, 08:18 PM
I used to just buy it at my LCS back before I moved but now there isn't anybody who carries it localy, so I'm ordering it online but I want to make sure I get the right kind. Cause there's a thin crappy weight paper and then there is the thicker (and IMO) better paper. I just can't figure out which one it is, the site doesn't tell you the weight of the paper. Can anyone help?

Tschloendorn
01-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Run away from it.
I'm sorry to say I've never had a good experiance with BLP.
Your best bet is to get your paper from an art supply store and have it cut down.I use strathmore series 300.It's the one with the circles on the front.

Nick_Ardill
01-29-2006, 08:57 PM
Run away from it.
I'm sorry to say I've never had a good experiance with BLP.
Your best bet is to get your paper from an art supply store and have it cut down.I use strathmore series 300.It's the one with the circles on the front.
I use Strathmore for brushwork or washes, but I'm simply doing pencils then digitally inking them, and haven't had any trouble with BLP in the past unless they've changed the quality of their paper.

Tschloendorn
01-29-2006, 09:00 PM
If all your doing is pencil work you might as well get yourself some HammerMill cover stock paper.
You can pick that up at any office supply store,and you get 125 sheets for like 12 bucks.
It's pretty durable and if you want to ink on it you can.

Actually Mike gave that suggestion to me so it can't be all bad now.

Nick_Ardill
01-29-2006, 09:03 PM
If all your doing is pencil work you might as well get yourself some HammerMill cover stock paper.
You can pick that up at any office supply store,and you get 125 sheets for like 12 bucks.
It's pretty durable and if you want to ink on it you can.

Actually Mike gave that suggestion to me so it can't be all bad now.
Thanks. I might just do that.

Tschloendorn
01-29-2006, 09:31 PM
Thanks. I might just do that.

Your welcome.
Hoep it helps.