PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Brits...

who cares?
04-09-2005, 05:54 AM
do any of you give a damn about the royal wedding happening today?

i'm willing to bet 99% of you dont

NickT
04-09-2005, 05:56 AM
It's not that I don't care, but I'm not hugely bothered either.

Olivier E.
04-09-2005, 05:59 AM
i'm watching it.. ;) (forced by the girlfriend)

prince william looks like he just came out of the bachelor party and Fergies daughters are really plumb

Mike Haseloff
04-09-2005, 06:04 AM
We've got it live on three different stations right now, and we only have five free-to-air channels over here. I had a bit of a look.
I think some of the sledging is unfair. It's one hell of an awkward situation to be in. I wouldn't like to smite them for being happy, but Diana was just so beloved, and the circumstances by which their marriage ended... it's just a very awkward situation.

Being only part of the empire [Australia] we have a diminished connection, but personally, I support our connection with the United Kingdom.

Half my family's Northern Irish though, so... I may have been brainwashed.
Or maybe I just have a fondness for royalty...

REX!

SimiBoyz
04-09-2005, 06:06 AM
The what?????

I care about it as much as i care to read anything more from Claremont

tom daylight
04-09-2005, 06:49 AM
happy about it. but damn, it went on way too long. (and wasnt even the actual wedding!)

Pia Guerra
04-09-2005, 07:06 AM
I like all the hats.

From a Canuck point of view it's kinda neat and a big tradition in my mom's family (she's a Finn, go figure). We stayed up together to watch Chuck and Di get hitched, we stayed up to watch Di's funeral and today... what the heck. Plus, I get a laugh out of seeing Joan Rivers looking so absolutely hideous.

Raphael J
04-09-2005, 07:08 AM
You people have a wierd sense of humor.

(And when I go study abroad in England next spring, I expect all of you to show up for a drink)

AAlgar
04-09-2005, 07:08 AM
Plus, I get a laugh out of seeing Joan Rivers looks so absolutely hideous.

...you need a special occasion for that?

joesafiend
04-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Heh! I didn't even realise the wedding was today!