PDA

View Full Version : Godland

The-Last-Man
01-25-2006, 12:54 AM
Should i be reading this?

I have'nt heard much about it, but fliping through a copy in my shop recently, it thought it looked good.

Can anybody recommend it?

Humphrey_Lee
01-25-2006, 12:57 AM
Yes, I can. It definitely captures the old-school Kirby feel and is a lot of fun because of it. And it's also a bit on the satirical side which makes for a nice mix. And I love the kinds of weird concepts Casey is throwing out there.

Also, the art is pretty spiffy too.

The-Last-Man
01-25-2006, 01:15 AM
Yes, I can. It definitely captures the old-school Kirby feel and is a lot of fun because of it. And it's also a bit on the satirical side which makes for a nice mix. And I love the kinds of weird concepts Casey is throwing out there.

Also, the art is pretty spiffy too.

Cool, i think i'll check it out. I think there is a trade out soon, so i'll get it ordered with my shop.

Humphrey_Lee
01-25-2006, 01:30 AM
Cool, i think i'll check it out. I think there is a trade out soon, so i'll get it ordered with my shop.

First trade is out tomorrow. It covers the first six issues of the book, and issue #7 is out tomorrow as well. I'd snag 'em both.

The-Last-Man
01-25-2006, 02:55 AM
First trade is out tomorrow. It covers the first six issues of the book, and issue #7 is out tomorrow as well. I'd snag 'em both.

Damn, i didnt think it was out so soon! I'll have to see if my store ordered it for stock.

Thanks for the info man...

dEnny!
01-25-2006, 03:01 AM
I ordered the trade through DCBS; it was 50% off.