PDA

View Full Version : Our store was mentioned in The Walking Dead Letter Column

Shwicaz
01-20-2006, 04:09 AM
Thank You, Robert Kirkman!!

Someone wrote in asking when he was going to do a signing in Boston.

He replied that he had already 'been there,done that', and asked the letter writer where he was when he came to Boston in Dec. 2004 to do a signing at COMICOPIA.

YAY!!

Garth
01-20-2006, 04:10 AM
"Been there, done that"? So I guess that means he isn't coming back? :-(

Bill Nolan
01-20-2006, 04:11 AM
Did he mention the bondage/S&M convention which was held in the same hotel as the Boston comic show he appeared at the next day? That was the high-point of the Christmas season for me, especially since it was also held at basically the same place as the Enchanted Village, which I had brought my two young childen to see... Crazy weekend...

- Bill

MIKE D
01-20-2006, 04:21 AM
Did he mention the bondage/S&M convention which was held in the same hotel as the Boston comic show he appeared at the next day? That was the high-point of the Christmas season for me, especially since it was also held at basically the same place as the Enchanted Village, which I had brought my two young childen to see... Crazy weekend...

- Bill

Daddy, why is Leather Santa spanking Mrs. Claus? Is he out of coal?

ThisSpaceForRent
01-20-2006, 05:32 AM
Thank You, Robert Kirkman!!

Someone wrote in asking when he was going to do a signing in Boston.

He replied that he had already 'been there,done that', and asked the letter writer where he was when he came to Boston in Dec. 2004 to do a signing at COMICOPIA.

YAY!!

I was there! Kirkman and Vaughan were both great at the Comicopia signings...
Hey - speaking of people who have signed there...is that Gaiman drawing still on the wall post-renovation? Hopefully I'll see for myself tomorrow.

Bill Nolan
01-20-2006, 05:37 AM
FYI, guys, I've spoken to a couple of the local con organizers who have been trying to get Kirkman and Tony Moore to come to the area some time this year for a joint appearance. That would definitely be cool.

- Bill

PS - Godland artist Tom Scioli in Chelmsford, MA, this Sunday!

Shwicaz
01-20-2006, 05:48 AM
I was there! Kirkman and Vaughan were both great at the Comicopia signings...
Hey - speaking of people who have signed there...is that Gaiman drawing still on the wall post-renovation? Hopefully I'll see for myself tomorrow.

The drawing is still on the wall, but that section of the wall is covered with a giant bookshelf. It was just too much space to leave open in the new look.

Someday we will unearth Neail and Dave's wall sketches, but right now, we need to look forward, not backward.