PDA

View Full Version : Your First Pet

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 09:36 AM
What was your first pet you ever had (besides goldfish)?

What was its name and the origin of the name ?(assuming you named it and you were a kid and the meaning behind it might be funny)

What's your fondest memory with him/her?

What eventually happened to him/her?

JABSEN
01-18-2006, 09:39 AM
A dalmation named Love. No clue on the origin of the name

Really too young to remember anything about her

moonspider
01-18-2006, 09:40 AM
well, my first official pet was chicks
yeah little baby chicks i owned....they were cute and churped like little baby chicks...it was cute

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 09:40 AM
A dalmation named Love. No clue on the origin of the name

Really too young to remember anything about her
they are pretty, but I heard they are quite prone to somekinda hip thing and also are hard to train

moonspider
01-18-2006, 09:41 AM
my chicks grew to chickens....and were either eaten...or

well

............used in cockfights

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 09:41 AM
well, my first official pet was chicks
yeah little baby chicks i owned....they were cute and churped like little baby chicks...it was cute
did you name them? why chicks?

joeyart
01-18-2006, 09:42 AM
my first pet that was actually mine was a cat named Asner.
I wanted a cat for a while and I asked my mom if we could get one. She didn't want to get one really, so she told me that if I could get one we could keep it. So, I looked at the ads in the local paper and found a lady who was giving away a cat, so I told her I wanted it. She wanted to talk to my mom, who didn't want it, but felt she had to honor her word. And so, we had a cat.

I named it Asner after Ed Asner. But I don't have any idea why I did this. I mean, he's a cool guy I guess.

Eventually she got older and was having an ear problem. We'd gotten her when I was 10 or so, and I was in college, about 20 and she was really feeling her age. She'd gone deaf and apparently had some sort of infection with her ear or something. I had to take her to get her put to sleep. She cried the whole way.

My fondest memory is that she knew she was mine. And most nights she'd come over and snuggle up with me. Most every other cat I've had wouldn't do that.

moonspider
01-18-2006, 09:46 AM
did you name them? why chicks?

i did'nt name them....i guess because there were so many of em...lol
and why?
well, i was living in the city......it was usualy when i would visit my aunts and uncles when i got to see em...since they were farmers and all were farmers
but i always visited them and junk

try to imagine a place like vietnam...the farmers parts of it...with alot of bicycle riders....and spoke spanish

SteveZegers
01-18-2006, 09:47 AM
A little lizard named Frisky. One of the kids that lived on the block was there when we put him in his tank, and as he ran out she called him "Frisky". I didn't even know what it meant.

It was kind of a stupid pet. You couldn't really play with it or anything. It was kind of fun to watch it eat crickets.

And they just sort of died, I don't think they have much of a lifespan. They were disposable pets really, the kind of cheap little things my parents would buy us because they wouldn't let us have a dog.

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 09:51 AM
my first pet that was actually mine was a cat named Asner.
I wanted a cat for a while and I asked my mom if we could get one. She didn't want to get one really, so she told me that if I could get one we could keep it. So, I looked at the ads in the local paper and found a lady who was giving away a cat, so I told her I wanted it. She wanted to talk to my mom, who didn't want it, but felt she had to honor her word. And so, we had a cat.

I named it Asner after Ed Asner. But I don't have any idea why I did this. I mean, he's a cool guy I guess.

Eventually she got older and was having an ear problem. We'd gotten her when I was 10 or so, and I was in college, about 20 and she was really feeling her age. She'd gone deaf and apparently had some sort of infection with her ear or something. I had to take her to get her put to sleep. She cried the whole way.

My fondest memory is that she knew she was mine. And most nights she'd come over and snuggle up with me. Most every other cat I've had wouldn't do that.so sweet... and heartbreaking... aww Asner...

TopFeeg
01-18-2006, 09:51 AM
MY first name was a Border Collie named Molly (Named mainly because it rhymed) We got her when I was like 2, and she always treated me like a sheep, so I wasn't her master, I was her equal, Some of my fondest memories with her were just throwing the ball, and playing catch. She was a great catch partner.

She eventually had a couple strokes and couldn't make it up the stairs when she was like 15. We had to put her to sleep out of mercy because it was just so sad to see her deteriorate. A few months later, we got another Border Collie named Rudolph (Rudy for short) because its a family name, and when he was a pup, he had alot of pink on his nose, so he was just like the reindeer. He understands that I am his superior and he is a great dog.

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 09:52 AM
i did'nt name them....i guess because there were so many of em...lol
and why?
well, i was living in the city......it was usualy when i would visit my aunts and uncles when i got to see em...since they were farmers and all were farmers
but i always visited them and junk

try to imagine a place like vietnam...the farmers parts of it...with alot of bicycle riders....and spoke spanish
never been to vietnam, but I think I know what you mean.

sounds cool.

did you have to ... prepare them if you guys decided to eat one once it was a chicken?

Dr. Blasphemy
01-18-2006, 09:52 AM
My 1st pet was a German Shepard named Shultz.
I loved that dog- she was with us for @ 10 years, when her hips started to go bad, then she got cancer and we had to put her down. :(

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 09:53 AM
A little lizard named Frisky. One of the kids that lived on the block was there when we put him in his tank, and as he ran out she called him "Frisky". I didn't even know what it meant.

It was kind of a stupid pet. You couldn't really play with it or anything. It was kind of fun to watch it eat crickets.

And they just sort of died, I don't think they have much of a lifespan. They were disposable pets really, the kind of cheap little things my parents would buy us because they wouldn't let us have a dog.
:) huh... sounds... boring. what kind of a lizard?

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 09:54 AM
MY first name was a Border Collie named Molly (Named mainly because it rhymed) We got her when I was like 2, and she always treated me like a sheep, so I wasn't her master, I was her equal, Some of my fondest memories with her were just throwing the ball, and playing catch. She was a great catch partner.

She eventually had a couple strokes and couldn't make it up the stairs when she was like 15. We had to put her to sleep out of mercy because it was just so sad to see her deteriorate. A few months later, we got another Border Collie named Rudolph (Rudy for short) because its a family name, and when he was a pup, he had alot of pink on his nose, so he was just like the reindeer. He understands that I am his superior and he is a great dog.that sounds great. Molly lived a good long life, it sounds like.

kari
01-18-2006, 09:55 AM
I had a dog. a Norwegian Elkhound, named him Skipper. the most loveable and protective dog I ever had. he hated a man in a suit (wouldn't even let them out of the car) and went everywhere I went. I got him on my 2nd birthday he died on my 12th birthday.

moonspider
01-18-2006, 09:55 AM
never been to vietnam, but I think I know what you mean.

sounds cool.

did you have to ... prepare them if you guys decided to eat one once it was a chicken?

well not realy....once they were kinda grown i pretty much almost knew i was'nt gonna see them
well.....i visited my uncles one day and they pretty much told me they were sold to another farmer
kinda crushed about it because i saw them grow from chick to full grown fowl and felt a closeness to them....heck, they even chriped differently when i played with them

it felt bad....and being seperated by soemthing you had a closeness does hurt....and it hurt ten times as worse especially if you are a kid

having yer folks explain to you why it has to happen and junk

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 09:56 AM
My 1st pet was a German Shepard named Shultz.
I loved that dog- she was with us for @ 10 years, when her hips started to go bad, then she got cancer and we had to put her down. :(
oh dear... those bigger dogs live such short lives. My step dad's gone through 2 Akitas since I've known him and I think the second one is about to go in the next year or so...

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 09:57 AM
I had a dog. a Norwegian Elkhound, named him Skipper. the most loveable and protective dog I ever had. he hated a man in a suit (wouldn't even let them out of the car) and went everywhere I went. I got him on my 2nd birthday he died on my 12th birthday.
I have no idea what those look like, but that's funny he hated suits.

Cth
01-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Beagle and it's name was Snoopy.

Yeah, I was original. :D

I was too young to remember most of anything. I remember vaguely a picture we took with it on the hill where we lived right before we moved.

We had to give him up for adoption when we moved.

EDIT: Our next house, we had ducks, rabbits, dogs and cats :)

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 10:01 AM
well not realy....once they were kinda grown i pretty much almost knew i was'nt gonna see them
well.....i visited my uncles one day and they pretty much told me they were sold to another farmer
kinda crushed about it because i saw them grow from chick to full grown fowl and felt a closeness to them....heck, they even chriped differently when i played with them

it felt bad....and being seperated by soemthing you had a closeness does hurt....and it hurt ten times as worse especially if you are a kid

having yer folks explain to you why it has to happen and junk
yea, I always felt bad for those kids living on farms and having to deal with death of animals. It's different, I know I eat meat, but I can't see myself killing to eat. I let others do the dirty work for me.

SteveZegers
01-18-2006, 10:02 AM
:) huh... sounds... boring. what kind of a lizard?
I think they were called "anoles". Yeah, they were boring. Didn't do a things all day. They were only active at night, so all they really did was keep my brother awake all night because of the crickets in their tank.

deadboy
It was a blondish dog, mutt, named Fred, after a local weatherman and host of a local game show called "Bowling for Dollars"

Dr. Blasphemy
oh dear... those bigger dogs live such short lives. My step dad's gone through 2 Akitas since I've known him and I think the second one is about to go in the next year or so...

yeah, my 2nd dog was also a Shepard and ended up with bad hips.
My asshole stepfather took her to get put to sleep while I was at school. I came home and my dog was gone- I never forgave that fucker for that.

Weird part is, we now have a 9 month old Shepard and I hate this damn dog.
But, my kids love her- so I am stuck.

Gunter
01-18-2006, 10:05 AM
A poodle named Sam. He was a great dog. Very smart, knew a few tricks and he was very protective of every one in the family.

He loved to roam the neighborhood and one day he just didn't come back. We always thought someone picked him up and kept him.

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Beagle and it's name was Snoopy.

Yeah, I was original. :D

I was too young to remember most of anything. I remember vaguely a picture we took with it on the hill where we lived right before we moved.

We had to give him up for adoption when we moved.

EDIT: Our next house, we had ducks, rabbits, dogs and cats :)
that's what happened with my first pet, Utatan the rabbit, when we had to move, we gave it up my school as school pet

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 10:06 AM
I think they were called "anoles". Yeah, they were boring. Didn't do a things all day. They were only active at night, so all they really did was keep my brother awake all night because of the crickets in their tank.
and we wonder why he was such a cranky pants.

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 10:07 AM
It was a blondish dog, mutt, named Fred, after a local weatherman and host of a local game show called "Bowling for Dollars"
weird, did you name him that yourself? and how old were u?

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 10:08 AM
yeah, my 2nd dog was also a Shepard and ended up with bad hips.
My asshole stepfather took her to get put to sleep while I was at school. I came home and my dog was gone- I never forgave that fucker for that.

Weird part is, we now have a 9 month old Shepard and I hate this damn dog.
But, my kids love her- so I am stuck.
:rofl:

just the way it goes I guess.

Bad on your stepdad, but maybe he was trying to spare you the pain, agony and guilt???

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 10:09 AM
A poodle named Sam. He was a great dog. Very smart, knew a few tricks and he was very protective of every one in the family.

He loved to roam the neighborhood and one day he just didn't come back. We always thought someone picked him up and kept him.
did you have his hair all... poodle like?

ya, most likely, he got picked up by the city or a stranger looking for a companion.

Gunter
01-18-2006, 10:12 AM
did you have his hair all... poodle like?

ya, most likely, he got picked up by the city or a stranger looking for a companion.

No, he wouldn't have stood for it. He wasn't a frou frou type of dog. He was a stud. Throughout his travels in the neighborhood we think he fathered about 6 litters of pups. This was years before neutering a pet was really encouraged.

We checked the pound several times and he was never there...he was really friendly so he would have hopped into a car with a stranger in a heartbeat...unfortunately we never warned him about not talking to strangers.

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 10:16 AM
No, he wouldn't have stood for it. He wasn't a frou frou type of dog. He was a stud. Throughout his travels in the neighborhood we think he fathered about 6 litters of pups. This was years before neutering a pet was really encouraged.

We checked the pound several times and he was never there...he was really friendly so he would have hopped into a car with a stranger in a heartbeat...unfortunately we never warned him about not talking to strangers.

frou frou? isn't that the 'sound' the French describe as the sound of a skirt rustling when a woman dances with it on?

and isn't it a band?

anyway... errr... that sucks. too bad you didn't have a collar on him. :cry:

deadboy
01-18-2006, 10:16 AM
weird, did you name him that yourself? and how old were u?
Yeah. I was probably 4. I think I named him anyway. The actual name was Fred Broski. Weirdest dog. Loved fireworks. He'd chase after bottle rockets if you shot them along the ground and I remember one time he actually tried to eat a roman candle ball.

He died when I was 11 or 12, in my bed. I remember we came home from some dinner or something and I walked back to my bedroom and there he was.

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Yeah. I was probably 4. I think I named him anyway. The actual name was Fred Broski. Weirdest dog. Loved fireworks. He'd chase after bottle rockets if you shot them along the ground and I remember one time he actually tried to eat a roman candle ball.

he tried to the roman candle?

wabi-sabi
A mutt named Pepper. I can't remember what breeds she was a mix of, but she was black with gray accents. We had her while I was very little, so I can't remember much, but I think we had her put to sleep because she had a tumor growing on her jaw.

Gunter
anyway... errr... that sucks. too bad you didn't have a collar on him. :cry:

We did have a collar, and everyone in the neighborhood knew who he was and who he belonged to. That's why we think he was stolen.

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 10:21 AM
We did have a collar, and everyone in the neighborhood knew who he was and who he belonged to. That's why we think he was stolen.
did it have his name and your address and phone on it?

Gunter
01-18-2006, 10:25 AM
did it have his name and your address and phone on it?

Yes. Which I guess made it easier on the people who ended up with him, at least they knew his name.

And I like to think he was picked up and kept by someone because I really don't want to consider the alternative.

Dr. Blasphemy
01-18-2006, 10:25 AM

just the way it goes I guess.

Bad on your stepdad, but maybe he was trying to spare you the pain, agony and guilt???

No, he was just a drunken asshole.
The dog's hips were just STARTING to go bad. she just needed a little "help" on the stairs- he just hated our pets.
My sisters Siamese cat got out once (he was an "indoor" cat) and the fucker sprayed it with a hose so it would run away.
Luckly for my sister I saw afew of the neighborhood kids carrying the cat a few days later.

I hate to say shit like this- but I was glad when I heard the guy died. (My mom had divorced his dumb ass a few years later..)

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 10:38 AM
A mutt named Pepper. I can't remember what breeds she was a mix of, but she was black with gray accents. We had her while I was very little, so I can't remember much, but I think we had her put to sleep because she had a tumor growing on her jaw.
ow, that sounds awful

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Yes. Which I guess made it easier on the people who ended up with him, at least they knew his name.

And I like to think he was picked up and kept by someone because I really don't want to consider the alternative.
your dog loved you, and know you miss him.

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 10:40 AM
No, he was just a drunken asshole.
The dog's hips were just STARTING to go bad. she just needed a little "help" on the stairs- he just hated our pets.
My sisters Siamese cat got out once (he was an "indoor" cat) and the fucker sprayed it with a hose so it would run away.
Luckly for my sister I saw afew of the neighborhood kids carrying the cat a few days later.

I hate to say shit like this- but I was glad when I heard the guy died. (My mom had divorced his dumb ass a few years later..)
don't hate it, if he was a dick, he was a dick. being dead doesn't take back the fact that he was being heartless to you and your sis's pets.

jenifu
01-18-2006, 10:45 AM
my first pet.

aside from my captive earthworm (that's a long and completely disgusting story), my first pet was a vile-tempered albino hamster which was given the misleadingly innocuous name of 'fluffy' by me, when i was still under the impression that it would be a cuddly, loving animal.

instead, it turned out to be horrifically nasty, would bite me at every given opportunity (and there were many, as i kept going back hoping for a different result each time, like a battered wife), was eventually stained urine-yellow all around it's bottom, backside, and huge-assed hamster balls, stank like a nursing home...

...and died on a christmas eve as a final act of spite, with his little paws curled into fists of rage, baring his evil teeth in a nasty rictus.

bleh!

Dr. Blasphemy
01-18-2006, 10:48 AM
don't hate it, if he was a dick, he was a dick. being dead doesn't take back the fact that he was being heartless to you and your sis's pets.

Do I sound bitter?
I'm over it....

you want a dog?
:lol:

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 10:49 AM
my first pet.

aside from my captive earthworm (that's a long and completely disgusting story), my first pet was a vile-tempered albino hamster which was given the misleadingly innocuous name of 'fluffy' by me, when i was still under the impression that it would be a cuddly, loving animal.

instead, it turned out to be horrifically nasty, would bite me at every given opportunity (and there were many, as i kept going back hoping for a different result each time, like a battered wife), was eventually stained urine-yellow all around it's bottom, backside, and huge-assed hamster balls, stank like a nursing home...

...and died on a christmas eve as a final act of spite, with his little paws curled into fists of rage, baring his evil teeth in a nasty rictus.

bleh!:rofl:

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 10:50 AM
Do I sound bitter?
I'm over it....

you want a dog?
no, just honest. dicks like that don't deserve your forgiveness... especially when he did these to you guys when you were children.

and no, Xander is handful enough. :)

jenifu
01-18-2006, 10:50 AM

if i had it to do over again...

...i'd feed him to your cat.

seriously.

RyanP
01-18-2006, 10:51 AM
My first pet was a cocker spaniel named Wicket. I really loved that ewok, i mean dog.

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 10:51 AM
if i had it to do over again...

...i'd feed him to your cat.

seriously.
my cat would bat it around, try and bury it, kick it around, lick the fuck out of it... but probably won't eat it because he won't know that you can eat something that moves.

and urine stained albino hamster? ew.

jenifu
01-18-2006, 10:55 AM
my cat would bat it around, try and bury it, kick it around, lick the fuck out of it... but probably won't eat it because he won't know that you can eat something that moves.

and urine stained albino hamster? ew.

i actually probably WOULDN'T feed it to xander, because i would hate for your cat to be poisoned by its pure malevolence, or to have his little tongue bitten clean through, as my index finger was. more than once.

and again, i must direct you to the horror that was this animal's grotesquely enormous ballsac.

which he would groom for hours.

*shudder*

worst. pet. ever.

i think i even liked the earthworm better.

RyanP
01-18-2006, 10:59 AM
grotesquely enormous ballsac.

Hey that was my nickname in highschool. THey called me geb for short.

Dr. Blasphemy
01-18-2006, 10:59 AM
lick the fuck out of it... but probably won't eat it because he won't know that you can eat something that moves.

I am just gonna save that part of your quote......:D

Dr. Blasphemy
01-18-2006, 11:01 AM
:)

moonspider
01-18-2006, 11:01 AM
yea, I always felt bad for those kids living on farms and having to deal with death of animals. It's different, I know I eat meat, but I can't see myself killing to eat. I let others do the dirty work for me.

yeah...thankfully i never saw any of that

hey, thanks

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 11:04 AM
My first pet was a cocker spaniel named Wicket. I really loved that ewok, i mean dog.
aww cool.

always wanted a dog named vader

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 11:05 AM
i actually probably WOULDN'T feed it to xander, because i would hate for your cat to be poisoned by its pure malevolence, or to have his little tongue bitten clean through, as my index finger was. more than once.

and again, i must direct you to the horror that was this animal's grotesquely enormous ballsac.

which he would groom for hours.

*shudder*

worst. pet. ever.

i think i even liked the earthworm better.
g

r

o

s

s

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 11:06 AM
I am just gonna save that part of your quote......:D
ahehe

:mistrust:

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 11:07 AM
yeah...thankfully i never saw any of that

hey, thanks
oh thank gawd. I know some people who had to kill rabbits and such on this board and has explained how they did it..

I can't fathom that, even though it's part of the 'cirlce of life' as I have learned while watching the Lion King.

jenifu
01-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Hey that was my nickname in highschool. THey called me geb for short.

and henceforth, that is what i shall call you on the board.

geb.

moonspider
01-18-2006, 11:10 AM
oh thank gawd. I know some people who had to kill rabbits and such on this board and has explained how they did it..

I can't fathom that, even though it's part of the 'cirlce of life' as I have learned while watching the Lion King.

yeah, i would always go inside the house when that happened

RyanP
01-18-2006, 11:14 AM
and henceforth, that is what i shall call you on the board.

geb.
nice. :)

wabi-sabi
01-18-2006, 11:46 AM
ow, that sounds awful
'Twas. The worst part was, the tumor included part of her lip, so it would ooze something nasty. She'd rub her head against you like most pets do, but in the end all you'd get is slimed. Sadly that is all I remember about her, is the sliming. I've been told she was a great dog.

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 11:51 AM
'Twas. The worst part was, the tumor included part of her lip, so it would ooze something nasty. She'd rub her head against you like most pets do, but in the end all you'd get is slimed. Sadly that is all I remember about her, is the sliming. I've been told she was a great dog.
ick

Howlett
01-18-2006, 11:58 AM
My first pet was a dog named Jad (those are the initials of my first and middle names).

He was a sheepdog crossed with a collie (I believe, I'm only sure about the sheepdog part).

We got him when I was about 5 from the animal shelter. My fondest memory was from shortly after we got him, my dad was joking around with me and rasied his voice and as he stepped towards me, Jad bolted across the room, stood between us and growled at him. He wouldn't let my dad near me for most of the day :lol:

He ran away one day when I was at school and we found him about a month later with his old owners, both of which were kind of old so obviously we didn't ask to have him back.

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
My first pet was a dog named Jad (those are the initials of my first and middle names).

He was a sheepdog crossed with a collie (I believe, I'm only sure about the sheepdog part).

We got him when I was about 5 from the animal shelter. My fondest memory was from shortly after we got him, my dad was joking around with me and rasied his voice and as he stepped towards me, Jad bolted across the room, stood between us and growled at him. He wouldn't let my dad near me for most of the day :lol:

He ran away one day when I was at school and we found him about a month later with his old owners, both of which were kind of old so obviously we didn't ask to have him back.
wow, strange.

Howlett
01-18-2006, 12:08 PM
wow, strange.
Which part?

TRILL, THE CARBON BASED LIFEFORM
01-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Cat, "Domino"

What was its name and the origin of the name ?(assuming you named it and you were a kid and the meaning behind it might be funny)
He was black and white.

Playing with string.

He went to live on a farm.

Victor Cabanelas
01-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Well, it was a little bird called Pichi. I was young and the details are kinda blurry, but I think we named him like that cause thatīs the sound he made. One morning we woke up and found him dead in his cage. We buried him on my parentsī old house.

He was the first to teach me that animals are countless times better than humans.

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Which part?
him running away to his previous owner, even though it seemed like he had bonded with you a lot seeing as he was very protective over you.

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Cat, "Domino"

He was black and white.

Playing with string.

He went to live on a farm.
aww, did you ever go visit domino at the farm? who's farm?

..... :sad:

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 12:28 PM
Well, it was a little bird called Pichi. I was young and the details are kinda blurry, but I think we named him like that cause thatīs the sound he made. One morning we woke up and found him dead in his cage. We buried him on my parentsī old house.

He was the first to teach me that animals are countless times better than humans.
you are cool in my book.

Blake Sims
01-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Mine was a dog named Bear. I dont remember what kind of dog she was but she was pretty cool. I remember her being really really big. But I was really young so she probably wasn't that big. I also remember that she had 7 puppies, 6 were black like her and 1 was a chocolate brown. So we named it Brownie.
I think we gave Bear back to her old owners. We kept the puppies but the eventually all got ran over or died, except for Brownie. He lived for about 4 or 5 years. Then in 95 or 96 he got ran over by my cousin Christy. He ran out in front of her one night when she was leaving my grandma's house (where Brownie stayed).

Howlett
01-18-2006, 12:32 PM
him running away to his previous owner, even though it seemed like he had bonded with you a lot seeing as he was very protective over you.
Thats what I thought too but it turns out that breed of dog is very protective over children. I was upset to see him go but we had a good few months together.

And I've had plenty of dogs since so it's been good. Saving him from the dogs home had an impact on me apparently.

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Mine was a dog named Bear. I dont remember what kind of dog she was but she was pretty cool. I remember her being really really big. But I was really young so she probably wasn't that big. I also remember that she had 7 puppies, 6 were black like her and 1 was a chocolate brown. So we named it Brownie.
I think we gave Bear back to her old owners. We kept the puppies but the eventually all got ran over or died, except for Brownie. He lived for about 4 or 5 years. Then in 95 or 96 he got ran over by my cousin Christy. He ran out in front of her one night when she was leaving my grandma's house (where Brownie stayed).
YIKES! those puppies had some bad luck attracting car tires over them

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 12:33 PM
Thats what I thought too but it turns out that breed of dog is very protective over children. I was upset to see him go but we had a good few months together.

And I've had plenty of dogs since so it's been good. Saving him from the dogs home had an impact on me apparently.
doggies are awesome. I wish I could have one at my place. But for now, Xander will have to do.

(but I love Xander like no other. He's the best, even if he's the most obnoxious cat on the planet)

Blake Sims
01-18-2006, 12:35 PM
YIKES! those puppies had some bad luck attracting car tires over them
yeah i know it really sucked but there for a while it was just waiting to see which one died next...We tried to keep them safe and everything but it seemed to just happen

One time my grandmother was telling me that while Brownie was staying at her house he would sleep outside. She said that whatever room she was in or whatever room she slept in Brownie would be right outside the window sleeping or sitting. She said she would go to her room at night to go to bed and look out he window and see Brownie sitting under the window.

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 12:36 PM
yeah i know it really sucked but there for a while it was just waiting to see which one died next...We tried to keep them safe and everything but it seemed to just happen

One time my grandmother was telling me that while Brownie was staying at her house he would sleep outside. She said that whatever room she was in or whatever room she slept in Brownie would be right outside the window sleeping or sitting. She said she would go to her room at night to go to bed and look out he window and see Brownie sitting under the window.

awww

Howlett
01-18-2006, 12:38 PM
doggies are awesome. I wish I could have one at my place. But for now, Xander will have to do.

(but I love Xander like no other. He's the best, even if he's the most obnoxious cat on the planet)
I love dogs, sometimes they can be the best company ever. I don't have many anymore, down to two and they're at my dads house for now but I can remember how much they helped cheer me up whenever I was sick.

Cats and me don't really get on well, but I have had one myself. She was a wild cat though, and very, very stupid. She didn't understand that when she ran up the stairs, she had to turn the corner or run into a wall. You have no idea how many times a day we used to hear her running up the stairs and then hear *THUMP*.

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 12:41 PM
I love dogs, sometimes they can be the best company ever. I don't have many anymore, down to two and they're at my dads house for now but I can remember how much they helped cheer me up whenever I was sick.

Cats and me don't really get on well, but I have had one myself. She was a wild cat though, and very, very stupid. She didn't understand that when she ran up the stairs, she had to turn the corner or run into a wall. You have no idea how many times a day we used to hear her running up the stairs and then hear *THUMP*.
sounds like Xander, I think they are 'playing' :lol:

Howlett
01-18-2006, 12:43 PM
sounds like Xander, I think they are 'playing' :lol:
Playing? Bloody hell, you'd think they'd be able to think of a less painful way to play, wouldn't you :scared:

"Oh look, it's that big hard smooth surface that I keep travelling at at 30 mph. I think I'll attack it with my face, that'll show it!!!"

*THUMP

"Meow" :surrend:

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Playing? Bloody hell, you'd think they'd be able to think of a less painful way to play, wouldn't you :scared:

"Oh look, it's that big hard smooth surface that I keep travelling at at 30 mph. I think I'll attack it with my face, that'll show it!!!"

*THUMP

"Meow" :surrend:
Xander likes to jump really high and chase around this feather thing while I move it around. He leaps, he slams into the mirror, the door, the couch, he doesn't care. It doesn't phase him.

maybe he's stupid as well. I dunno. or maybe he's bruised and broken all over and I have no idea.... which would make me the stupid one.

Donal DeLay
01-18-2006, 12:46 PM
My first pet was a German Shepard Army MP dog, retired. My pops was one of the trainers for the Army MP K-9 units.

It was a LONG time ago, too, so the only memory I have is one that stuck with me: Seeing the dog, before being retired, attack the hell out of my pops (while wearing the padded arms)

I don't remember how he died. I think he was put to sleep.

Howlett
01-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Xander likes to jump really high and chase around this feather thing while I move it around. He leaps, he slams into the mirror, the door, the couch, he doesn't care. It doesn't phase him.

maybe he's stupid as well. I dunno. or maybe he's bruised and broken all over and I have no idea.... which would make me the stupid one.
Ah, I kid but cats a durable. I'm sure they were both fine. They seem to be able to take punishment. When my cat had kittens she was sitting on the fence in the back garden one day and one of her kittens started trying to grab her tail. The kitten caught it and the mother got annoyed, spun around and blew the kitten off the fence. The kitten hit the ground, hopped up and started chasing another kittens tail.

If I fell of that fence I'd be dazed for at least a minute. She gets blasted off it and is running around the garden three seconds later. It's not fair dammit, I should be tougher than a kitten :mad:

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 12:52 PM
My first pet was a German Shepard Army MP dog, retired. My pops was one of the trainers for the Army MP K-9 units.

It was a LONG time ago, too, so the only memory I have is one that stuck with me: Seeing the dog, before being retired, attack the hell out of my pops (while wearing the padded arms)

I don't remember how he died. I think he was put to sleep.
wow, that would've been an awesome dog to have around if you could've remembered.

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Ah, I kid but cats a durable. I'm sure they were both fine. They seem to be able to take punishment. When my cat had kittens she was sitting on the fence in the back garden one day and one of her kittens started trying to grab her tail. The kitten caught it and the mother got annoyed, spun around and blew the kitten off the fence. The kitten hit the ground, hopped up and started chasing another kittens tail.

If I fell of that fence I'd be dazed for at least a minute. She gets blasted off it and is running around the garden three seconds later. It's not fair dammit, I should be tougher than a kitten :mad:
haha, you're not 'weak as a kitten', you're 'weaker than a kitten'!

Howlett
01-18-2006, 12:56 PM
haha, you're not 'weak as a kitten', you're 'weaker than a kitten'!
Damn you Soma, I am NOT weaker than a............ *falls over*

*PANT*..... one sec..... *gasp*...... okay...... one sec...... *gasp, pant, wheeze*..... okay...... one more sec...... :dead:

LowKey
01-18-2006, 01:08 PM
I had a parakeet named...err....'Blue Boy'. I think I might've gotten the name from a book or something. He was the first in a long line of pets that had great contempt for me. That freakin' bird bit the hell out of me whenever it could...but I loved it.

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 01:26 PM
I had a parakeet named...err....'Blue Boy'. I think I might've gotten the name from a book or something. He was the first in a long line of pets that had great contempt for me. That freakin' bird bit the hell out of me whenever it could...but I loved it.
birds are cool, only if they'd stop their screeching ways.

The Girl
01-18-2006, 01:54 PM
I had two hamsters when I was a kid. I can't remember the names, but one days when I was at school, one cannibalized the other one.

moonspider
01-18-2006, 02:28 PM
I had two hamsters when I was a kid. I can't remember the names, but one days when I was at school, one cannibalized the other one.

HAMTARO NO!!!!

alexlannin
01-18-2006, 02:30 PM
My sister and I had three "female" hamsters...
Then we had nineteen hamsters a while later....
Then my friends and classmates had hamsters...

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 03:28 PM
ew

I had a hamster once, it also ended in tragedy

Taki Soma
01-18-2006, 03:29 PM
My sister and I had three "female" hamsters...
Then we had nineteen hamsters a while later....
Then my friends and classmates had hamsters...
tribble?

DrMachine
01-18-2006, 03:30 PM
I had a puppy named Snoopy...but I only vaguely remember him

Donal DeLay
01-18-2006, 03:35 PM
wow, that would've been an awesome dog to have around if you could've remembered. I think I was about 5 or 6 years old. I can't remember that well, I just know we were still living in Japan/Okinawa at the time. I'm not even sure how long we had the dog or what his name was, but I do remember him coming home plenty-a-nights with my pops.

alexlannin
01-18-2006, 06:50 PM
tribble?
I see the similarities :)
I'm not about to ever let a future child of mine have more than one hamster.