PDA

View Full Version : Entire issue of FELL #1 Up At Newsarama

Shwicaz
01-09-2006, 07:39 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/ImageComics/Fell/Fell01Issue.htm

for those of you who may have missed it, click the link and get the entire issue.

:D

Movie Maker
01-09-2006, 07:46 PM
that looks really awesome.

im gonna wait for the trade.

Brandon191
01-09-2006, 07:50 PM
This is a great book. More people should check it out.

Mike Haseloff
01-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Nice to finally get the low down on this thing. I haven't happened upon an explanation anywhere as of yet.

The price is considerably less impressive when I realise it's only sixteen pages.
Still, at least it's not over priced, like the Avatar Robocop crap I got suckered for.

Shwicaz
01-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Nice to finally get the low down on this thing. I haven't happened upon an explanation anywhere as of yet.

The price is considerably less impressive when I realise it's only sixteen pages.
Still, at least it's not over priced, like the Avatar Robocop crap I got suckered for.

you should have asked us for our opinions on it, Mike.

I've been reading since the first issue.

Yeah, it seems like 1.99 isn't that great for only 16 pages, but when you are reading it, you don't even notice it's length, because the stories are that intriguing.

Alexander Hamilton
01-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Thanks!

DaGetHighKnight
01-09-2006, 08:33 PM
This is my newest favorite read and Kinda restored my love of going to the shop on wed's again.

Mister Mets
01-09-2006, 08:46 PM
that looks really awesome.

im gonna wait for the trade.

According to Warren Ellis, there's never going to be one.

Each issue is self-contained, so what's the point?

Vonn Hennigar
01-09-2006, 08:59 PM
A little underwhelming. Not quite on the level of Powers or Midnight Nation. But a solid read.

Mike Haseloff
01-09-2006, 09:10 PM
you should have asked us for our opinions on it, Mike.

I've been reading since the first issue.

Yeah, it seems like 1.99 isn't that great for only 16 pages, but when you are reading it, you don't even notice it's length, because the stories are that intriguing.Eh, I meant what I said literally. I was hoping to just happen upon one. I was sort of interested, but not enough to hunt it down.

I'm really just praising the coolness of a free issue. :cool:

What's a good 22 pager? $2.99?
That's pretty good, still. Just not as amazing as I thought it was. :?

A little underwhelming. Not quite on the level of Powers or Midnight Nation. But a solid read.Not enough capital letters in the middle of sentences?

King of Mars
01-09-2006, 09:22 PM

Each issue is self-contained, so what's the point?Wow, that's amazing. Don't know much about the background of this project but I'm wondering if it's intended as a sort of response to the people who have ripped Ellis for supposedly writing in a decompressed style.

joespam
01-10-2006, 04:55 AM
It's 16 pages of story, yes, but because it's a 9 panel grid, it feels like a full 22 page story.

And in addition, the remainder of the pages are used for text - an essay, usually about the story you just read and how it came to be, and letters. Worth reading for Ellis' unique voice.

All this for 1.99, in a day when comics with less story are going for 3.50, is pretty damn good.

James Patrick
01-10-2006, 06:19 AM
This is a great book. More people should check it out.

More people should ALWAYS check comics out. Books doing well, though.

Garth
01-10-2006, 06:23 AM
I enjoy this movie every month! When I first read the "lower price" argument, it didn't seem like that good of a deal, but after reading it and the essays that Ellis puts in there at the end, really push it over top in greatness.

warrenellis
01-10-2006, 06:47 AM

Each issue is self-contained, so what's the point?

I didn't say never. I said "no time soon." And any trade collection wouldn't contain the backmatter.

warrenellis
01-10-2006, 06:49 AM
Wow, that's amazing. Don't know much about the background of this project but I'm wondering if it's intended as a sort of response to the people who have ripped Ellis for supposedly writing in a decompressed style.

Not really. I've always worked in different styles: I'd moved on to GLOBAL FREQUENCY before people started crapping on about "decompression."

The explanation for the thinking behind the FELL format is in the back of #1, and was covered a lot in my email diary. Basically, comics are too expensive for some people, so I wanted to do a comic that you could buy with pocket change and get a complete experience out of.

BENDIS!
01-10-2006, 06:53 AM
i love this book. probably my fave being published.

PeterSparker
01-10-2006, 07:34 AM
Not really. I've always worked in different styles: I'd moved on to GLOBAL FREQUENCY before people started crapping on about "decompression."

The explanation for the thinking behind the FELL format is in the back of #1, and was covered a lot in my email diary. Basically, comics are too expensive for some people, so I wanted to do a comic that you could buy with pocket change and get a complete experience out of.

Well, you've succeeded impressively. Great book.

(and Global Frequency kicks major ass too ;) )

Garth
01-10-2006, 07:52 AM
Well, you've succeeded impressively. Great book.

(and Global Frequency kicks major ass too ;) )

Agreed on both accounts. Any plans for a sequel to Global Frequency? I loved that there was a complete, epic feeling story in each issue, and the different artists really helped that idea.

copypastepuke
01-10-2006, 08:13 AM
dont wait for the trade! buy the single issues. they are so cheap!

copypastepuke
01-10-2006, 08:14 AM
i love this book. probably my fave being published.
definitly in my top 5.

warrenellis
01-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Agreed on both accounts. Any plans for a sequel to Global Frequency? I loved that there was a complete, epic feeling story in each issue, and the different artists really helped that idea.

Wildstorm ask me about a sequel every now and then. I don't know. I was up for it, but all the bullshit around the tv show kind of took the wind out of my sails a bit.

-- W

Brian Reed
01-10-2006, 09:17 AM
FELL is a damn fine book. No hyperbole -- one of the best on the shelves right now.