PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anybody...

King of Mars
01-08-2006, 09:16 PM
who doesn't watch movies? One of my co-workers claims to never watch movies and my female cousin had a good friend who never had any interest in watching movies. This is just baffling to me. Seems like, regardless of tastes or general interests, there ought to be some films that these people would want to see. What the fuck do these people do to kill those boring Tuesday evenings? Paint their nails and talk on the phone? Really, I can't imagine my life without movies.

*edit - What the hell happened to my thread title? It was the lead-in for my question.

**edit - Fixed.

greg donovan
01-08-2006, 09:18 PM
that is fucked up.

now we have 10 minutes to edit our titles.

i would be lost w/out movies.

Criden
01-08-2006, 09:20 PM
I dunno--I was making plans with this girl for Thursday, and suggested a movie, and she said that she wasn't sure if that's what she wanted to do, as she wasn't in a "movie mood" lately.

silverboy
01-08-2006, 09:34 PM
I once kinda sorta dated a girl who was only allowed to watch Disney movies and Mash growing up, so she never recognized a movie when I talked about it. She came over for my annual Halloween horror movie marathon and was traumatized. Short relationship.

Ryan Elliott
01-08-2006, 09:51 PM
No imagination.

And no soul.

THWIP!
01-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Well to us people who don't watch movies are fucking weird. But if you go to college you will end up seeing the cult films while in school. Everyone in college(least were I go) has seen Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Blow, Old School, Boondock Saints, Super Troopers. The list goes one.

But I actually know a girl who's not a movie person and since she isn't she won't get the refrences people make. And one of my roomamtes admits to not being a movie person but he goes to the movies and he knows the classic movies and he's seen all the movies I've mentioned. It's a weird thing for someone not to like movies but they're there.