PDA

View Full Version : My DVD buying this weekend

Dr. Blasphemy
01-08-2006, 09:46 AM
I had to buy some DVD's this weekend- I wanted to buy so many (ESPECIALLY the Wrestlemania Box set for 200 bones!) but I settld for the following-

KUNG FU HUSTLE (any good? havent seen yet)

DAZED AND CONFUSED

MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL (Deluxe edition)- I just ahd the regular- I got this for 93 cents!

I think I am going to inventory all my dvd's and list em....I need more!

RODGER
01-08-2006, 09:48 AM
kung fu hustle is da fucking bomb!!!!!!!

steven show rules. you need to get shaolin soccer too

i read that they are making a part 2 to kung fu hustle.....yay

RODGER
01-08-2006, 09:49 AM
and here is my dvd list.....

http://dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=realsandman420

Dr. Blasphemy
01-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Hey Roger- Thats cool...how did you do that?

RODGER
01-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Hey Roger- Thats cool...how did you do that?

just sign up and start adding your titles.....it's super easy!

Dr. Blasphemy
01-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks I did and I will do it after I take a shower.
Thanks Roger!
BABA BOOEY TO YOU ALL!

FredC
01-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Whats all this about a 93 cent Holy Grail?!

*Also: Kung Fu Hustle rules*

RODGER
01-08-2006, 10:13 AM
hoo hoo
i invented being clean......

tell em fred

Simps
01-08-2006, 10:14 AM
I gotta say, I much prefer this setup: http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/simps

RODGER
01-08-2006, 10:16 AM
I gotta say, I much prefer this setup: http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/simps

thats not bad.....but i'm not changing.

Rod Nunley
01-08-2006, 10:16 AM
I just hit over 500 dvd's this week, and a list is essential...I use dvd profiler.

gaspar
01-08-2006, 10:25 AM
I use ListPro for keeping track of all of my lists, not a website. It lets me be more flexible (I have my DVDs, TPBs, book collection, comic subscription list, comics needed to fill sets, etc. in it) but also view it anywhere using my home computer, laptop or pda. I like it lots, but those websites are niiice!

cmoney
01-08-2006, 10:33 AM
There's no better DVD catalogue software out there than DVD Profiler. It's free, has tons of features, a great database, and an attractive setup. It's not a website list, either, but a real piece of software, but you can upload your collection to the web. It handles boxed sets nicely, too. Check it out:

www.dvdprofiler.com

Petey Parker
01-08-2006, 11:34 AM
There's no better DVD catalogue software out there than DVD Profiler. It's free, has tons of features, a great database, and an attractive setup. It's not a website list, either, but a real piece of software, but you can upload your collection to the web. It handles boxed sets nicely, too. Check it out:

www.dvdprofiler.com

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check that out later.

As for me, the only DVD I picked up this weekend was Night Of The Living Dead (Remake) (for $7.99 at Pathmark of all places. I couldn't believe I found a DVD there worth buying :))

niceguyeddie
01-08-2006, 12:47 PM
i finally got Fantastic Four, the collectors edition crappy set. the one that comes in a box that has a tin petrie dish for the dvd.
probably one of the worst dvd set packages ever.
and so I finally saw fantastic four and yes it was crappy but I do see why people might like it.
im still unhappy at the casting of Sue and Reed and even Doom but the thing that's just totally messed up is the directing, script (of course), and sfx just , come on, this movie's supposed to be a special effects kinda flick and the effects on this flick bordered on sky high crappiness.

also got mask of zorro. i really like this flick and everytime I see this I think Robert Rodriguez had a bigger part in making this flick than Campbell.

Tommy Boy for 9.99. it's a classic and its the shneiki edition.

and finally Veronica Mars.... wow.
im gonna just make a post about this series itself, because there's just too much good stuff to say about it.