PDA

View Full Version : Hold on a second, Wolverine: Origins is an ongoing series??

Foolish Mortal
01-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Wolverine's origin is so convoluted and jumbled up that he needs to have an ongoing series to explain all of it??

Okaaay. :blah:

sto110
01-08-2006, 08:45 AM
yes it is that way

and yes it is an ongoing

I will be dropping the regular book in favor of this book, personally i dont need to see two different solo adventures of wolverine along with the occasional team appearance in NA and Astonishing. One solo is good for me

BronxRonin
01-08-2006, 08:46 AM
:surrend:

bartleby
01-08-2006, 08:52 AM
Wolverine's over 100 years old. You figure that they'll spend four to six issues on each story arc and each story arc basically covers one event. So how many significant events happened in Wolverine's 100 year history? Take that number and multiply by five, and that's how many issues this book can run.

Shwicaz
01-08-2006, 08:54 AM
Wolverine's origin is so convoluted and jumbled up that he needs to have an ongoing series to explain all of it??

Okaaay. :blah:

from newsarama/Joe Q:

The new series will spin from the cliffhanger in March’s Wolverine #40, and will, according to editor Axel Alonso, see the Candaian mutant return to his brown costume…among other things. “In the aftermath of House of M, Logan has regained his memory,” Alonso said. “He knows his past -- all of it. Armed with a clearer sense of who he is, why he is, and who done him wrong, Logan’s got a whole new set of priorities. Wolverine: Origins will see Logan don his brown costume and embark on a private mission to set wrongs right, get some revenge, deal with some demons, rekindle some lost relationships, and come to terms with major revelations about the complicated tapestry of his origin…and the patterns he seems doomed to repeat.

----

What Alonso said in so many words, Quiesada explained in no uncertain terms: Origins is canon, and will look back to Paul Jenkins and Andy Kubert Origin miniseries. “Think of what happened in the original Origin miniseries as Chapter One, and then Wolverine: Origins as all the following chapters – except we’re gonna give ‘em to you in no particular order! Each chapter of the series will give another piece of the puzzle so fans should expect some serious globe-hopping -- from Japan to Madripoor -- and flashback stories that will fill in that gap in time between what happened in Origin and today.”

sounds good to me.

innocentboy
01-08-2006, 09:09 AM
for real, i'm looking forward to this.

will be interesting to dig into his past like never before, and the brown and tan costume alone'll give him a darker vibe like how he should be

RODGER
01-08-2006, 09:23 AM
looking forward to this one.

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
01-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Could work. Could also be horrible an convolted. It's a coin toss, basically.

Mister Mets
01-08-2006, 09:44 AM
I like the concept of the book, and creative team.

The concept's strong enough to survive a change in creators, and unique enough to justify the book's existence (when we already have a Wolverine solo book.)