PDA

View Full Version : Scarab vs. Metamorphosis (Spoilers)

Shepherd
01-04-2006, 02:35 PM
I just finished Scarab and I'm confused. Metamorphosis clearly says Kabuki won the fight. Scarab suggests that Scarab won. So which one died? I haven't read the new Icon series yet (although I have all the issues and will probably start on it this week), so it might be answered there. Please don't spoil the Icon series if you can help it.

R

DeadMike
01-05-2006, 08:21 AM
I believe that David removed the last page from the Scarab comic when it was published in trade/collected form which made the ending a bit more ambiguous.

But here's your answer:

Kabuki wins the fight and Scarab dies.

Hope that helps.

MACK!
01-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Look at the last word that the peson who dies in Meta says.
And then notice what is said from Scarab at the end of that story.
It should link it together.

I really like the last page that was in the last book of the single Scarab issues, but If that was in the trade, It would ruin a lot of the mystery and ending of Meta if someone reads Scarab before Meta.
The way it is in the Scarab trade leaves it a bit more to interpretation.

Whereas after Meta, and you see the same scenes, it should round out the information.

I supposed it could still be technically open to interpretation as in: Which one exactly goes into a little dream land at the end, so I'll leave that part up to you :)

Shepherd
01-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Look at the last word that the peson who dies in Meta says.
And then notice what is said from Scarab at the end of that story.
It should link it together.

I really like the last page that was in the last book of the single Scarab issues, but If that was in the trade, It would ruin a lot of the mystery and ending of Meta if someone reads Scarab before Meta.
The way it is in the Scarab trade leaves it a bit more to interpretation.

Whereas after Meta, and you see the same scenes, it should round out the information.

I supposed it could still be technically open to interpretation as in: Which one exactly goes into a little dream land at the end, so I'll leave that part up to you :)

It seems pretty clear at the end of Meta that Kabuki won, but at the end of Scarab (as you say) it's a little more open to interpretation. I was just surprised but it, I guess, not that it's bad to be open like that. I'm looking forward to reading the Icon series now that I'm all caught up, though.

R

Lazy_Metaphors
01-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I'd say that "The Alchemy" puts to rest any confusion, but I don't see how there could be much confusion to begin with... after the Scarab and Kabuki battle, we receive more inner narration, featuring many more things which Scarab could not know. If Ukiko had been battling Kageko, I might be more inclined to believe some sort of switch could have taken place, but I don't see how there's any room for doubt.