PDA

View Full Version : Serenity/Firefly Fans check this out

wh park
01-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Don't know if this has been posted yet.

http://session416.com (http://session416.com)

Enjoy.

PeteL
01-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Cool. It won't load for me.

wh park
01-03-2006, 08:31 AM
Cool. It won't load for me.

It's a Quicktime file.

Maybe you don't have the right version of it on your computer.

PeteL
01-03-2006, 08:46 AM
It's a Quicktime file.

Maybe you don't have the right version of it on your computer.

Yeah, at work so prolly.

Shannon Chenoweth
01-03-2006, 08:52 AM
Cool. That was Joss talking to her.

wh park
01-03-2006, 08:56 AM
Cool. That was Joss talking to her.

Really?

I didn't have the volume on too loud so I didn't recognize the voice.

Gavin
01-03-2006, 09:00 AM
Pretty cool.

Xander Boune
01-03-2006, 09:27 AM
Nice insight into River's descent into madness. This should have been an easter egg/extra on the Serenity DVD.

wh park
01-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Nice insight into River's descent into madness. This should have been an easter egg/extra on the Serenity DVD.

Well Universal is notorious for double-dipping with their DVD releases.

Xander Boune
01-03-2006, 09:35 AM
Well Universal is notorious for double-dipping with their DVD releases.

Possibly, but I don't see them releasing another edition anytime soon, and the one that's out now isn't exactly bare bones. The fact that they actually took time to write and film these scenes is odd given the fact that you can only find them on the net. This would have been a much better easter egg than the damn Fruity Oaty Bar! commercial. I really wanted everything Firefly/Serenity on the actual DVDs, and now I feel like they're a bit incomplete (yes, I know that's probably irrational/stupid).

Jake
01-03-2006, 09:39 AM
There actually IS an easter egg on it? How do you get to the commercial?

Xander Boune
01-03-2006, 09:40 AM
There actually IS an easter egg on it? How do you get to the commercial?

http://www.dvdtown.com/easteregg/serenitywidescreen/17341/614 (http://www.dvdtown.com/easteregg/serenitywidescreen/17341/614)

Jake
01-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Thanks, Xander! :D

Shannon Chenoweth
01-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Really?

I didn't have the volume on too loud so I didn't recognize the voice.

Yeah, plus the shape of the face makes it obvious that it's him (well, to me anyway...I tend to pay attention to stuff like that).

Needmore
01-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Possibly, but I don't see them releasing another edition anytime soon, and the one that's out now isn't exactly bare bones. The fact that they actually took time to write and film these scenes is odd given the fact that you can only find them on the net. This would have been a much better easter egg than the damn Fruity Oaty Bar! commercial. I really wanted everything Firefly/Serenity on the actual DVDs, and now I feel like they're a bit incomplete (yes, I know that's probably irrational/stupid).
I feel your pain... I like to have everything neatly together.

Caley Tibbittz
01-03-2006, 11:42 AM
AWESOME. Thanks:D

BlueNote27
01-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Awesome.

vhsiv
01-04-2006, 03:51 AM
Possibly, but I don't see them releasing another edition anytime soon, and the one that's out now isn't exactly bare bones. The fact that they actually took time to write and film these scenes is odd given the fact that you can only find them on the net.Actually, that might be a rehearsal tape or something, as I recognize some of the dialogue from either the movie or the series can't remember which, exzctly.

If those scenes were done as prep for the series, then Fox owns them, and therefore they'd be ineligible for inclusion on the Universal DVD.

GeekTragedy
01-04-2006, 04:09 AM
Actually, that might be a rehearsal tape or something, as I recognize some of the dialogue from either the movie or the series can't remember which, exzctly.

If those scenes were done as prep for the series, then Fox owns them, and therefore they'd be ineligible for inclusion on the Universal DVD.

These clips were released as a viral ad campaign for Serenity several months before it hit theatres. Sort of the like the "I Love Bees" site that was used to promote Halo2 before its release.

From what I had read Joss and Summer worked on them together and then posted them anonymously on IFilms (or some such site). I think there is an interview out there where Joss talks about them.

wh park
01-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Bump for those who might not have seen it yet.

greg donovan
01-08-2006, 10:43 AM

they are going to release a HD-DVD version.

http://ces.betanews.com/entry/Universal_Announces_HD_DVD_Lineup/1136453898

Universal Announces HD DVD Lineup
January 5, 2006, 4:38 AM by Nate Mook
Universal Pictures announced at the HD DVD press conference in Las Vegas Wednesday that it will have 10 titles available for the high-definition format's launch this spring. The studio will issue new and older movies on HD DVD throughout 2006.

Initial releases will include six new movies: "Jarhead," "Doom," "The 40-Year-Old Virgin," "Cinderella Man," "Serenity" and "The Bourne Supremacy," along with four older flicks: "The Chronicles of Riddick," "U-571," "Van Helsing," and "Apollo 13."