PDA

View Full Version : Bendis's Elektra comics...

Howlett
01-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Were they any good? I read the first issue and it seemed decent enough but never got the chance to read the rest.

sonnylarue
01-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Yes,a very good arc with great Chuck Austen art

(to the austen haters , a pre-emptive F.U.)

Howlett
01-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Cool. So how many issues did he do? Was it just the one arc?

sonnylarue
01-02-2006, 05:47 PM
I think it was just the first six issues, follwoed by rucka, who had a great 12-18 ish run

Blandy vs Terrorism
01-02-2006, 05:48 PM
I can't say I'm a fan of Bendis' work on that book. And sonny, it's pretty much just Austen's writing that's an abomination.

Howlett
01-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Cool. Thanks.

chris page
01-02-2006, 05:52 PM
can't say as i was all that impressed with austen's artwork on the book, but it was still a damn sight better than his writing. art just felt too flat.

only read an issue here and there, and while i can't necessarily say it was some of bendis' best work, mediocre bendis is still better than good work from many other writers..

sonnylarue
01-02-2006, 05:53 PM
I can't say I'm a fan of Bendis' work on that book. And sonny, it's pretty much just Austen's writing that's an abomination.

I understand that Blandy, but the guy gets wayyyy too much grief from very ignorant asses, who react to his name with a pavlovian-like hatred.

(none that i've seen in this thread)

ThisSpaceForRent
01-02-2006, 05:54 PM
The Rucka/Pagulayan issues are really good.

Blandy vs Terrorism
01-02-2006, 05:55 PM
The Rucka/Pagulayan issues are really good.
I never read those. I kinda forgot about the book after I dropped it during Bendis' arc. Do they have trades? If so, maybe someday I'll try them out.

Blandy vs Terrorism
01-02-2006, 05:57 PM
I understand that Blandy, but the guy gets wayyyy too much grief from very ignorant asses, who react to his name with a pavlovian-like hatred.

(none that i've seen in this thread)
I agree. While his art doesn't do much for me, it's not like it makes me want to gouge my eyes out so I can't see it anymore.

chris page
01-02-2006, 05:59 PM
I agree. While his art doesn't do much for me, it's not like it makes me want to gouge my eyes out so I can't see it anymore.

pop mhan's art on ghost rider almost had that effect on me..

Blandy vs Terrorism
01-02-2006, 06:00 PM
pop mhan's art on ghost rider almost had that effect on me..
Don't think I saw it. I never got into Ghost Rider at all until Ennis' current mini.

EDIT But wait, I think he did some work on Flash. Yeah. The suck.

chris page
01-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Don't think I saw it. I never got into Ghost Rider at all until Ennis' current mini.

EDIT But wait, I think he did some work on Flash. Yeah. The suck.

if there's one place that manga influenced artwork (particularly shitty manga influenced artwork) doesn't belong, it's in a horror title.

TheKraken
01-02-2006, 06:19 PM
if there's one place that manga influenced artwork (particularly shitty manga influenced artwork) doesn't belong, it's in a horror title.

Calling a fiery skull guy on a giant motorcycle "horror" is pushing it... ;-)

But, maaaaan... that costume they gave him around that time (First drawn by Salvador Larocca, it should be noted)? The clown suit? Horrendous...

http://image.milehighcomics.com/istore/images/fullsize/35314339256.80.GIF

Jacob Lyon Goddard
01-02-2006, 06:32 PM
most Marvel comics like that all look the same to me and even i could tell Elektra was pretty bad