PDA

View Full Version : RED DWARF appreciation threadski

Pat Shatner
01-02-2006, 05:13 PM
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.cowgill/dvddebate/grabs/rd5_14.jpg
Mr. Flibble is very cross.

http://www.thekeep.org/~kunoichi/kunoichi/red_dwarf/kryten_time.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/rigden/paintship.jpg

I found a winamp TV stream that plays every episode of Red Dwarf 24/7. I grew up with this show and it probably shaped me into the scifi/comic/britcom geek I am today. Every now and then PBS will run a marathon, planting me in front of the TV for an entire day.

The Red Dwarf.co.uk website hasnt been updated much since 2002. I'm fairly sure production on the movie has come to a standstill and we may never see a new Red Dwarf on the silver screen. I have an intimate love for this show.

Briomega
01-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Great show, but damn it was embarassing seeing Lister hosting that Battle Robots show. What a career path.

Agent Desmond
01-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Yeah, but how about Cat in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels?

And it was Kryton who hosted Junkyard Wars.

Briomega
01-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Yeah, but how about Cat in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels?

And it was Kryton who hosted Junkyard Wars.

Nah, was Craig Charles. Hosted this show they replayed on G4 all the time. Maybe the other guy did one, too, though.

You know, I have to watch Lock, Stock again. I don't remember seeing him in that.

Agent Desmond
01-02-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm thinking of a different show then. There was a show on Discovery where two teams had to make something using only things found in a junkyard, and it was hosted by Kryton. Well, the actor not the character.

And Cat was also in Blade II. But in Lock Stock he was the barfly.

Briomega
01-02-2006, 06:08 PM
I'm thinking of a different show then. There was a show on Discovery where two teams had to make something using only things found in a junkyard, and it was hosted by Kryton. Well, the actor not the character.

Heh, that's funny. It probably was a knockoff of the original british show and they got another RD vet to host it.

The Human Target
01-02-2006, 06:11 PM
I love it so much it hurts.

Thudpucker
01-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Great show, but damn it was embarassing seeing Lister hosting that Battle Robots show. What a career path.

I love Robot Wars! :-x

Red Dwarf is definately one of the funniest shows out there.

Briomega
01-02-2006, 06:13 PM
I love Robot Wars! :-x

Red Dwarf is definately one of the funniest shows out there.

Ah that was it. Yeah, was a fun show to watch, but still, he seemed to take that shit seriously.

Thudpucker
01-02-2006, 06:15 PM

You're thinking of Junkyard Wars, which is awsome. There is a US knockoff of it which isn't very good, but the original UK show was great.

The one Craig Charles hosted is called Robot Wars, and features people building homemade robots and battling them with each other as well as the house robots.

Mike Haseloff
01-02-2006, 06:22 PM
You're thinking of Junkyard Wars, which is awsome. There is a US knockoff of it which isn't very good, but the original UK show was great.

The one Craig Charles hosted is called Robot Wars, and features people building homemade robots and battling them with each other as well as the house robots.Sir Killalot was pretty groovy.

Groovy funky channel 27.

Thudpucker
01-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Sir Killalot was pretty groovy.

Groovy funky channel 27.

I havn't seen it in years, it used to air on PBS here but they dropped it. I really miss that show.

Mike Haseloff
01-02-2006, 06:27 PM
I havn't seen it in years, it used to air on PBS here but they dropped it. I really miss that show.It ran last year here in a prime timeslot for a while on arguably our best free-to-air channel (ten), and then it fell to Saturday morning status, and eventually disappeared.

The videos seemed to be EVERYWHERE when I was in the UK in the late nineties. I don't know if it was, but it seemed like a pretty big deal.

Red Dwarf was a staple of our ABC (largely populated by British programming, even though it's the Australian government sponsored channel), but was since aquired exclusively by one of the UK cable channels.

emeraldsundae
01-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Woo!!

Red Dwarf is awesome!

Quarantine is one of my favourite episodes

JoshuaFialkov
01-02-2006, 11:24 PM
I just noticed a Rimmer cameo in The Young Ones. He's in the "Prisoner's Set Sail" poster bit.