PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who own the 4 disc Dawn of the Dead set...

Jonny Z
12-30-2005, 05:19 PM
is it really worth it?

the 2 other cuts of the film don't seem that exciting to me... from what i hear, they're no better than the regular theatrical cut, which i adore and don't think can get any better- the extras disc does intrigue me though- is the box set worth spending 35 bucks on to upgrade over the 1 disc?

i've been toiling over this for weeks now...

moonspider
12-30-2005, 05:22 PM
you got a point there....i too been considering getting myself that for the longest time

Jonny Z
12-30-2005, 05:25 PM
you got a point there....i too been considering getting myself that for the longest time

well that's no help! :-x i cant even read your red font!!!! :crazy:

moonspider
12-30-2005, 05:32 PM
well that's no help! :-x i cant even read your red font!!!! :crazy:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!

THWIP!
12-30-2005, 05:32 PM
I think if your an ultimate fan it's worth it. I'd buy if I had the cash. But then I wouldn't be troubled with having it already. But that's my favorite Dead movie, so I'd totally buy it.

TonyFleecs
12-30-2005, 05:38 PM
I've got it.... the extra stuff is pretty cool. I think the only other version I've watched thusfar is the longer one. I had to get it just because as a big fan of the movie it would've bugged me that there was this way more comprehensive version of the DVD out there.

FedEx Fanboy
12-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Worth it.

niceguyeddie
12-30-2005, 07:10 PM
i don't have it. sorry johnny. all I can say is...

babawia! babawia! howard sterns penis!

Jonny Z
12-30-2005, 08:44 PM
I've got it.... the extra stuff is pretty cool. I think the only other version I've watched thusfar is the longer one. I had to get it just because as a big fan of the movie it would've bugged me that there was this way more comprehensive version of the DVD out there.

yeah... i simply adore the movie but i KNOW besides maybe watching the extras on the 4th disc, ill probably hardly touch it.

this brings me to the point of DVD excess... which is what this really is all about. i just have so many damn dvds that i feel inclined to buy this despite my conscience

FedEx Fanboy
12-30-2005, 09:12 PM
yeah... i simply adore the movie but i KNOW besides maybe watching the extras on the 4th disc, ill probably hardly touch it.

this brings me to the point of DVD excess... which is what this really is all about. i just have so many damn dvds that i feel inclined to buy this despite my conscience

Yes. Beware of the DVD excess. It will own your soul. I said it was worth it, but now that I think of it I haven't watched a single disc of it. BUT, I did lone it to a friend. :)

Bill!
12-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Its good if your a fan. It has the first Steve Niles Dawn comic as a mini. Plus, if you don't have them on VHS, it has some Dawn documentaries and the commentaries would be well worth it if you like that stuff. The making of is all pretty cool. Plus, the theatrical cuts and directors cuts are both really awesome. The theatrical is more flawless, but as usual, the DC opens the story a little more.

Garth
12-30-2005, 09:31 PM
yeah, I agree if you are really into, then it is definitely worth it. You can always consider purchasing a used copy off of e-bay or something, if you want to go a cheaper route

stevapalooza
12-30-2005, 09:39 PM
I just ordered it myself a few days ago. Are there any real differences in the various cuts?

Bill!
12-30-2005, 09:42 PM
I just ordered it myself a few days ago. Are there any real differences in the various cuts?

The DC is quite bit longer I believe. The music is way better in the theatrical and it just feels better, the cut. But the DC does add more depth to the characters and story. Thing you think happen one way in the theatrical version actually happen a different way when you watch the DC.