PDA

View Full Version : this FUCKING iPod!!

Simps
12-24-2005, 07:25 PM
I'm so angry I really just want to break things in my house

THe other day, my iPod wouldn't turn on, and the guy at Apple told me to do the center button and Menu at the same time, which worked. He also said I should update my firmware which hadn't been done in a year. The reason it hadn't been done in a year? Because last time when I tried to do it, I got a fucking "Firmware write failure", lost ALL my music, sent the iPod to Apple, got the same one back 3 days later without fixing the problem. Somehow, I managed to get it working, but had not tried to update the firmware since.

Tonight I felt lucky (or stupid) and tried to update without reformatting, as I had 18GB of music, and only a few GB free on my laptop. 10 seconds in, another FUCKING "Firmware write failure". I'm fucked again, lost SOOOOOO much music that I can't even begin to try to look for again online, and I have an iPod that continues not to function. Apple's Customer Care is closed, presumably until Monday. Monday morning, bright and early, I shall be calling, asking for a manager, and requesting a NEW iPod ASAP, since they fucked up a YEAR ago. Goddamnit I'm so goddamn mad about this. I can't believe all the good music I lost, and without i2hub or Kazaa or any of that shit, it's going to be so much worse now. Fuuuuuck.

DrMachine
12-24-2005, 07:38 PM
do you have the apple care plan?

Simps
12-24-2005, 08:39 PM
do you have the apple care plan?

Yeah, I extended it another year, which is my only saving grace.

DrMachine
12-24-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I extended it another year, which is my only saving grace.
you should have no problem then

I sent in my Mini last year because of battery problems and they sent me a brand new one, but I've heard many stories like yours