PDA

View Full Version : Highlander to return to the screen...... and comics???

Howlett
12-20-2005, 07:27 AM
http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=52964 (http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=52964)

Seems pretty cool. I'll probably end up getting this. Looks like they're going with Connor for the comic but I hope they do something with Duncan too. Much as I loved the first movie, I always prefered the tv series. Adrian Paul was awesome in it.

And not only is there a comic but there are a trilogy of movies coming, set after the series too. Nice. Yet MORE Duncan :D

And here's the cover, done by Gabriele Dell'Otto.

http://www.newsarama.com/dynamitenew/Highlander/Highlanderfinalpaint-low.jpg

Jacob Lyon Goddard
12-20-2005, 07:29 AM
it was one decent B-flick
i wish they had left it alone

Howlett
12-20-2005, 07:30 AM
it was one decent B-flick
i wish they had left it alone
Movie wise, I totally agree but the series was excellent.

Jacob Lyon Goddard
12-20-2005, 07:31 AM
Movie wise, I totally agree but the series was excellent.
i always found it slap stick and cheesy

Gregory
12-20-2005, 07:32 AM
There can be only enough already.

yeamon
12-20-2005, 07:34 AM
I will always vote Highlander as "Best Film Featuring The Fabulous Freebirds".

PhilipClark
12-20-2005, 07:35 AM
Something about the Highlander movies:

There should only have been one.

Howlett
12-20-2005, 07:35 AM
i always found it slap stick and cheesy
The first season, definitely. But it got really dark and serious at the start of season 2, when his girlfriend was (thankfully) killed off.

There were some cheesy moments still but they were done reasonably well and the seriousness helped to balance them out.

I think what I mainly loved was the fact that Adrian Paul is an excellent martial artist and actually can sword fight pretty damn well too so when the fight scenes were done, he looked like he knew what he was doing. That really impressed me, since back then the only other stuff on tv was Star Trek and oh sweet merciful JESUS could the fights in those be ANY worse? :surrend:

Victor Cabanelas
12-20-2005, 07:37 AM
The second and fourth movies were way too terrible to describe. LOVED the first and third ones, though.

The series were ok. Loved that it had "Princes of the Universe" as an opening/ending.

Howlett
12-20-2005, 07:42 AM
The second and fourth movies were way too terrible to describe. LOVED the first and third ones, though.

The series were ok. Loved that it had "Princes of the Universe" as an opening/ending.
I actually had no problem with the fourth movie purely because, technically, it wasn't the fourth in the series.

To me it went like this...

Highlander's 1 - 3 = Reality one.

Highlander: The series and Endgame = Reality two.

Endgame wasn't really the fourth movie. It was a tv movie to continue the story of Duncan.

Both just happened to have Connor in them.

Taxman
12-20-2005, 07:47 AM
I only like Highlander when there is Queen music involved.

Howlett
12-20-2005, 07:48 AM
I only like Highlander when there is Queen music involved.
So you didn't like the cartoon then? :lol:

God that was a fucking horrible show :nonono2:

Bill?
12-20-2005, 07:49 AM
I actually had no problem with the fourth movie purely because, technically, it wasn't the fourth in the series.

To me it went like this...

Highlander's 1 - 3 = Reality one.

Highlander: The series and Endgame = Reality two.

Endgame wasn't really the fourth movie. It was a tv movie to continue the story of Duncan.

Both just happened to have Connor in them.

that doest work because aeven the first three movies dont match up.
in the first one the guy wins the prize!
in the seond one the Immortals turn out to be effing aliens or some shit!

they really should have stopped after the first movie.

Bill?
12-20-2005, 07:50 AM
So you didn't like the cartoon then? :lol:

God that was a fucking horrible show :nonono2:

there was a cartoon? like, for kids?

did they cut heads off in it?

Howlett
12-20-2005, 07:53 AM
that doest work because aeven the first three movies dont match up.
in the first one the guy wins the prize!
in the seond one the Immortals turn out to be effing aliens or some shit!

they really should have stopped after the first movie.
Well, the first reality was flawed and then discarded for the second :lol:

Macha's Rook
12-20-2005, 07:55 AM

That's what I wanted to know.

Taxman
12-20-2005, 07:56 AM
So you didn't like the cartoon then? :lol:I didn't even know that there was a cartoon.

Speaking of cartoons, there was a movie on the tube yesterday - Kong: King of Atlantis. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/glima/Album%202/shockholiday.gif

What an amazing coincidence that they chose to air this at this particular point in time.

Howlett
12-20-2005, 07:59 AM

Nope.

Basically there was a bad guy in charge of the world. A Kurgan type character. It's like a post-apocalyptic world.

He raided and massacred Quintin MacLeod's home, killing him and injuring his sister.

Quintin wakes up and is found by Ramierez from HL1 (don't ask).

Ramierez starts training him to overthrow Kurgan 2.

They meet other immortals so Quintin can gain their knoledge and pass it on, I kid you not, by both holding a sword and then one gives up their immortality to the other :roll:

It was cancelled before it went anywhere thankfully.

I do remember that there was one episode where Quintin snapped though. He was on a crashed aircraft carrier being hunted by guys with machine guns. He manages to disarm them all and when the regroup towards the front of the ship, he opens fire with the catured weapons. You never see anyone bleed or die but it's heavilly hinted at by Ramierez's reactions afterwards.

That was the ONLY good moment in the whole series.

Bill?
12-20-2005, 08:00 AM
Well, the first reality was flawed and then discarded for the second :lol:

And donít get me start on the third one! Which had a guyshiding in a cave, and thats why he apparently didnít count during the last battle. By which I mean the last battle in the first one. Since I think they wisely decided not to count the second one by that point.
Also, Connor had to fight a wizard.
And he had a kid for some reason.

genius!

Howlett
12-20-2005, 08:01 AM
For the people interested in the animated series of Highlander.

http://www.tv.com/highlander-the-animated-series/show/10195/summary.html (http://www.tv.com/highlander-the-animated-series/show/10195/summary.html)

Howlett
12-20-2005, 08:04 AM
And donít get me start on the third one! Which had a guyshiding in a cave, and thats why he apparently didnít count during the last battle. By which I mean the last battle in the first one. Since I think they wisely decided not to count the second one by that point.
Also, Connor had to fight a wizard.
And he had a kid for some reason.

genius!
Actually, I meant reality wise ;)

And to be fair, the third film was more plausable than the second.

When Connor and the Kurgan fought, the guys in the cave WERE dead. Maybe not fully, but they weren't breathing and there was no brain activity.

They didn't come back to life until they were dug up. So that could explain a loop hole there.

It's a FUCKING HUGE stretch, but at least it's better than he abomination of an explanation for the second movie.

Taxman
12-20-2005, 08:05 AM

did they cut heads off in it?I am trying to remember now, did they cut off heads in the Star Wars cartoon?

dougmac
12-20-2005, 08:53 AM
Actually, I meant reality wise ;)

And to be fair, the third film was more plausable than the second.

When Connor and the Kurgan fought, the guys in the cave WERE dead. Maybe not fully, but they weren't breathing and there was no brain activity.

They didn't come back to life until they were dug up. So that could explain a loop hole there.

It's a FUCKING HUGE stretch, but at least it's better than he abomination of an explanation for the second movie.
but he could turn into a raven at will. It was actually on tv yesterday. It was awful, Mario Van Peebles at his worst.

Jacob Lyon Goddard
12-20-2005, 08:59 AM
but he could turn into a raven at will. It was actually on tv yesterday. It was awful, Mario Van Peebles at his worst.
and he's been pretty bad in the past

A.Huerta
12-20-2005, 09:04 AM
The first movie was good, the series was tight and the rest of the crap... I dont know :(