PDA

View Full Version : so, will the pats clinch the division today...?

Shwicaz
12-17-2005, 10:37 AM
nice opening drive, but they have been kind of stagnant since.

here's hoping.

Ray G.
12-17-2005, 11:04 AM
From the first half, I'll say yes.

Natty P, Scientific Adventurer
12-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Does anybody think the Pats can win a playoff game in Indy?

I'm curious as to what people think, I'm not trying to be anti-Pats troll.

Ray G.
12-17-2005, 12:23 PM
Does anybody think the Pats can win a playoff game in Indy?

I'm curious as to what people think, I'm not trying to be anti-Pats troll.

Not this year. They just don't have the weapons to stop them anymore. They couldn't beat them in Foxboro.

12-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Not this year. They just don't have the weapons to stop them anymore. They couldn't beat them in Foxboro.

Well, I mostly agree, but they are gonna be healthier than they were when they played at Foxboro, and if any AFC team could pull it off it's the Pats. Plus, you have to remember that Peyton Manning has a perfect history of choking in the biggest games. Ask Danny Wuerffel and Bill Bellicheck.

Smokinblues
12-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Well, I mostly agree, but they are gonna be healthier than they were when they played at Foxboro, and if any AFC team could pull it off it's the Pats. Plus, you have to remember that Peyton Manning has a perfect history of choking in the biggest games. Ask Danny Wuerffel and Bill Bellicheck.

ask denver how indy does in playoff games in indy

12-17-2005, 12:29 PM
ask denver how indy does in playoff games in indy

That's true.

The best thing going for the Colts is that they'll be in the dome for the playoffs and in a dome for the Superbowl. It more or less makes them invinceable.

I was just stirring the pot.

Wagon
12-17-2005, 12:30 PM

the difference is... all those playoff games he's lost were ON THE ROAD. The Colts are nigh-unstoppable in the dome, and that will make a huge difference in the playoffs this year...

Shwicaz
12-17-2005, 01:20 PM
YAY!

they did it!

jason hissong
12-17-2005, 02:13 PM
the Patriots are still a damned good team. Brady is an incredible QB. Vinitari is a sure fire HOFer.

Watch out for the Pats, man. I have no allegiance to either team, Colts or Pats, and as much as I'd love to see the Colts run the table wire to wire, I'd also like to see the Pats win it again.

Because that's never been done before, either.

-jason

Ray G.
12-17-2005, 02:18 PM
the Patriots are still a damned good team. Brady is an incredible QB. Vinitari is a sure fire HOFer.

Watch out for the Pats, man. I have no allegiance to either team, Colts or Pats, and as much as I'd love to see the Colts run the table wire to wire, I'd also like to see the Pats win it again.

Because that's never been done before, either.

-jason

You just know it's going to come down to Colts vs. Pats in the AFC championship again, both teams trying to make history.

jason hissong
12-17-2005, 02:20 PM
And what a great game it will be.

I love Brady, and I'd love him even more if he hadn't gone to Michigan.

-j

CraigM
12-17-2005, 07:18 PM
The way the Patriots manhandled the Bucs today was incredibly impressive. You don't just stop a team like the Bucs like they did, especially one that has a good record along with a great defense and good offense. They showed me a lot today.

Craig

Smokinblues
12-17-2005, 07:30 PM
The way the Patriots manhandled the Bucs today was incredibly impressive. You don't just stop a team like the Bucs like they did, especially one that has a good record along with a great defense and good offense. They showed me a lot today.

Craig

good offense? they've barely been getting by on offense with christy simms at the helm.

CraigM
12-17-2005, 07:41 PM
good offense? they've barely been getting by on offense with christy simms at the helm.

Before this game, the offense was averaging the same number of points as they were under Greiese. They're not a high power offense like the Colts can be, but they can put numbers on the board. Carnell Williams is a good RB that can light up a defense, and they shut him down. TB averages 300 yards a game and got held to 130 today.

Craig