PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Rant

S!
12-17-2005, 08:08 AM
Ugh.
So I baught the Amazing Spider-Man comics on ebay a while back. I payed $114.99. Everything was fine. The guy selling it told me he shipped it. (this is from America, i live in UK)

I Eventually get a note from this unkown postal servise saying they tried delivering the my package. They had a phone number on it and i phoned but the number didn't work. so there was nothing i could do.

months go by and the package wound up back the sender. he had to pay like $20 to get it back.

I asked for my full refund off $114.99. now he's sayin he can only refund me up to $44.99.
he's taking away $20 for having to collect the package and $60 something that was the shipping price I paid.

in the end I pay $114.99 and my refund is $44.99! WTF!!!

i'm trying to convince this guy that i should be entitled to a full refund.

i'm usualy cool with ebay but this, man, this is VERY annoying.

Pia Guerra
12-17-2005, 08:15 AM
Write to e-Bay and check into their mediation options. Ask the seller to find a better way to resolve this or he'll be getting negative feedback.

greg donovan
12-17-2005, 08:17 AM
i have a friend who will not ship overseas anymore because stuff like this has happened to him one too many times.

ugly situation for all.

RODGER
12-17-2005, 08:19 AM
so this guys should be out the $60.00?????

this is why i don't sell overseas.....

Shwicaz
12-17-2005, 08:23 AM
you paid over 60 dollars in shipping?

Damn!

I sold an auction once overseas. The person wrote me back angrily saying the package arrived ripped, and the comic was dented and demanded a full refund.

I gave them a full refund, and have never again shipped out of the country. All my auctions are PayPal only and US Bidders only. That way I get my money quickly, and they get their merchandise quickly, and I have never had a problem since.

S!
12-17-2005, 08:34 AM
so this guys should be out the $60.00?????

this is why i don't sell overseas.....

and i should be out $70!

S!
12-17-2005, 08:34 AM
you paid over 60 dollars in shipping?

it was a very lengthy number of amazing spidey comics.

S!
12-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Write to e-Bay and check into their mediation options. Ask the seller to find a better way to resolve this or he'll be getting negative feedback.

not sure if that would help. plus the maximum number of time before leaving feedback is 3 months. which in my case has expired.

t00lverine
12-17-2005, 08:37 AM
Shipping overseas is always a bad idea.

Pia Guerra
12-17-2005, 08:55 AM
not sure if that would help. plus the maximum number of time before leaving feedback is 3 months. which in my case has expired.

Wow, that's convenient for the seller. Complain to e-Bay, at the very least they can warn him or yank him. Just make sure there's some kind of paper trail started on the guy so others might avoid a similar fate.

LenNWallace
12-17-2005, 09:07 AM
Wow, that's convenient for the seller. Complain to e-Bay, at the very least they can warn him or yank him. Just make sure there's some kind of paper trail started on the guy so others might avoid a similar fate.
Yeah, leave a really venomous public comment in his feedback section. They can't erase that.

RODGER
12-17-2005, 09:08 AM

why should they yank him???
he sent twice and paid extra money to get his comics back.....

i'm sorry, but i have to side with the seller on this one.....

S!
12-17-2005, 09:09 AM
Yeah, leave a really venomous public comment in his feedback section. They can't erase that.
i cant because i missed out on the time allowed to leave feedback.

as soon as you buy an item, you have 3 months( i think) to leave to leave feedback.

S!
12-17-2005, 09:10 AM
why should they yank him???
he sent twice and paid extra money to get his comics back.....

i'm sorry, but i have to side with the seller on this one.....

and where does that leave the buyer?

RODGER
12-17-2005, 09:11 AM
and where does that leave the buyer?

i've bought alot of stuff from overseas and have gotten screwed.....just the price you pay when dealing with people from overseas....

don't hate the player.....hate the game

S!
12-17-2005, 09:20 AM
i've bought alot of stuff from overseas and have gotten screwed.....just the price you pay when dealing with people from overseas....

don't hate the player.....hate the game

hits you with the book end followed by a spinarooni

Bill Nolan
12-17-2005, 09:28 AM
Why should this guy lose money just because your postal system screwed up, as you outlined in your original post. Nothing was his fault. Take it up with your postal service.

- Bill

RODGER
12-17-2005, 09:30 AM
hits you with the book end followed by a spinarooni

seeing how your now booker T.....your not very good and very slow.

*kicks in the gut...and hits a stunner*

SLAvery
12-17-2005, 09:32 AM
What was the name of the postal service? Did you try looking them up online, or try to find some other way to contact them so that you could get your package?

S!
12-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Why should this guy lose money just because your postal system screwed up, as you outlined in your original post. Nothing was his fault. Take it up with your postal service.

- Bill

What was the name of the postal service? Did you try looking them up online, or try to find some other way to contact them so that you could get your package?

these postal services isnt the royal mail one. which is the usual ones.
i tried looking up their details online but to no avail. the phone number given didnt work. i even asked the operator on the phone and they had idea of who they were.

and why should I lose out on the money. its not my fault i never got the comics. what was i supose to do wait at home everyday HOPING it'd come.

Justin.Strange
12-17-2005, 09:55 AM
what did you learn today?

that getting product imported from other countries on eBay is a BAD idea..

my theory: if you're paying more for shipping then for the actual product, then chances are its gonna end badly...

justjeffery
12-17-2005, 10:06 AM
Check with ebay...

I wouldnt refund you the shipping either if it were me. The money is not there and there is proof that it was shipped... no reason why he should take the loss. Maybe if you're lucky, he'll be willing to take half of the hit... but I dont think Ebay will make him.

colleendoran
12-17-2005, 10:11 AM
I've rarely had bad experiences on ebay, even shipping overseas. Out of over 500 transactions, I have had TWO go missing I think those are pretty good odds.

I'm not doing much on ebay these days, but I have never had such a bad experience. The seller should make his nondelivery or refund policies clear in his selling informaiton. If he did, I am afraid you are out some money. You should both try to get satisfaction from the delivery service. What was the name of that service?

c

http://17.freebb.com/index.php?freebb=adistantsoilbb (http://17.freebb.com/index.php?freebb=adistantsoilbb)

Kensington
12-17-2005, 10:32 AM
Is the auction page still available? I'm curious to see what the seller listed under "shipping". So far, though, I don't see why you should get a refund. The seller shipped, and it doesn't appear to be his fault that you didn't receive. You are entitled to the books, but you'd have to pay for shipping again, it seems to me.

S!
12-17-2005, 11:21 AM
i often buy from USA. almost all the time. this just happens to be the second that something wrong has occured from ebay.