PDA

View Full Version : anyone have an N-Gage?

Thudpucker
12-17-2005, 04:18 AM
How does it work, is it a cell phone that you need to sign up with a program for?

Gamestop is selling it really cheap right now, and some of the games look great. The system is 100.00 (which really isn't that cheap) but ALL the games are only 6.99 each! I'm really tempted. How is the system though? I know alot of people didn't like it much, but for that cheap it sounds like a good deal.

Victor Cabanelas
12-17-2005, 04:45 AM
heh, I first thought it said "N-Cage"

Bandit Chimera
12-17-2005, 05:58 AM
please don't buy this thing ...its kinda not good

but if you absolutly want to look into one....here is a link to the IGN reviews of the games....i guess there getting better but i wouldn't get one......plus you need to get a nokia service contract too (because its a phone and i dunno if they'll sell it to you without the contract. they might though)

http://ngage.ign.com/index/reviews.html (http://ngage.ign.com/index/reviews.html)

Justin.Strange
12-17-2005, 09:41 AM
holy shit! i forgot all about those! they still around?

Smokinblues
12-17-2005, 09:58 AM
i think i read some where that these are on their way out. not sure. i wouldn't recommend it, I doubt they will be supported much longer either way. They didn't take off at all like expected

Thudpucker
12-17-2005, 02:03 PM
for 6.99 a game I would just want to clean up on what is out there, not too worried about it being a dead system.

Probably won't do it, 150.00 would get a Nintendo DS with MarioKart. Or an N-Gage and 7 games. While 7 games for the same price as 1 sounds good, I think the DS is a better investment.

I don't want to use it as a phone either. Do you need to have an active contract with nokia to play the games? (assuming I can get one without the contract? I think I can, Gamestop seems to want to just get rid of thier stock). It's not going to disable itself without it or anything stupid I hope, right?

Bandit Chimera
12-17-2005, 02:13 PM
for 6.99 a game I would just want to clean up on what is out there, not too worried about it being a dead system.

Probably won't do it, 150.00 would get a Nintendo DS with MarioKart. Or an N-Gage and 7 games. While 7 games for the same price as 1 sounds good, I think the DS is a better investment.

I don't want to use it as a phone either. Do you need to have an active contract with nokia to play the games? (assuming I can get one without the contract? I think I can, Gamestop seems to want to just get rid of thier stock). It's not going to disable itself without it or anything stupid I hope, right?

i'm not 100 percent positive on the contract thing. I'd just get the DS its more fun and if you get the mario cart special thing you get a red DS ....plus the DS has some awesome games and WIFI games

A.Huerta
12-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Man, I forgot about this thing... Glad its dead.

Thudpucker
12-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Yea, as much as I like a good deal I think I have to go with the DS. I need to get my hands on Mario Kart and Advance Wars.

Roman Noodles
12-17-2005, 02:38 PM
I was worried abou the DS but then i played one with Mario. Now I want one soooo bad.

t00lverine
12-17-2005, 02:48 PM
It would only be a good deal if the games didn't suck. Also, if you didn't have to remove the battery to change games.