PDA

View Full Version : Commercials I'm sick and tired of..

Foolish Mortal
12-14-2005, 09:16 AM
There are two that are really getting on my nerves right now.

First is the these new Old Navy ads with the perky little blond woman with all the snarky comments about these fake celebrities showing up an awards show.

She. Is. Annoying. I want to reach into the tv screen and pimp-slap her!! The ad person who thought she'd be great in these commercials is an idiot.

Second, the Campbell's Chunky Soup commercials with Donovan McNabb's mom. Okay, the first one was cute and clever. Now they're silly and irritating. They've run it into the ground, stop now please!

MattJohnson
12-14-2005, 09:20 AM
I agree about that Old Navy shrew.

Any time I see a particularly bad commercial, I just think about the majestic Tiny House commercial, and all my concerns melt away.

V Unit
12-14-2005, 09:22 AM
That baby in the sub sandwich commercials.

I was going to type something really evil but...no.

Gregory
12-14-2005, 09:24 AM
First is the these new Old Navy ads with the perky little blond woman with all the snarky comments about these fake celebrities showing up an awards show.

That's Kristen Chenoweth, Broadway megastar.

Randomus
12-14-2005, 09:24 AM
Yeah, I hate everything about Old Navy, and this newest batch of commercials is right up there with the lip-synched dance numbers. Especially the one for "Old Navy Boycut Jeans". I almost asphyxiated with rage during that spot.

Also I hate that commercial for some kind of gum where this idiot eats like ten pieces and freezes instantly, then his head falls off and the rest of the commercial is just his girlfriend and the taxi driver screaming. For a long, long time. ARGH.

Foolish Mortal
12-14-2005, 09:26 AM
That's Kristen Chenoweth, Broadway megastar.

And she sucks in these ads. [and not in the good way either! :mad:]

Your Pal, Carl
12-14-2005, 09:28 AM
I really hate those Truth commercials.

MattKrizan
12-14-2005, 09:32 AM
The new Miller Lite commercials in the courtroom are just unbelievably stupid.