PDA

View Full Version : Kanye...will you please shut the fuck up?!?!

King of Mars
12-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Want cheese with that, man.

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/playVideo.asp?id=902 (http://www.nothingtoxic.com/playVideo.asp?id=902)

Mike Haseloff
12-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Now that I finally know who Kanye West is (I'm sick of hearing/reading his name around here), I have to say, I like that Golddigger song, but only for the bit that Jamie Foxx mimes.

Bandit Chimera
12-13-2005, 07:40 PM
what was that really about ? i want to know the context of that statment....he seemed genuinly upset and it wasn't funny for me

RyanP
12-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Seemed a bit silly to me.

NATE!
12-13-2005, 07:56 PM
If the thought doesn't float out of my head in the next five minutes, I'm going to take that clip and put Joe Walsh's "Life's Been Good To Me So Far" in the background. Seems appropriate. Especially the line, "I can't complain, but sometimes I still do."

Greenville 90210
12-13-2005, 08:03 PM
Look at that fucking sweater. Dude should get beat with an award.

gwyllgi
12-13-2005, 08:05 PM
O.o;;

A.Huerta
12-13-2005, 08:31 PM
Kanye needs to look back at Biggie and 2pac, and sHUT THE FLUCK UP!

Greenville 90210
12-13-2005, 08:34 PM
Kanye needs to look back at Biggie and 2pac, and sHUT THE FLUCK UP!

Why does he need to look back at Biggie and 2pac? Doesn't everyone in mainstream rap already do that? Mainstream rap is really stuck in the mud.

A.Huerta
12-13-2005, 08:36 PM
The flucker needs a reality check or another car crash. The money is getting to his fat head! this is exactly why I stopped listening to MOST rap.

Sorry I like rap, i just hate where its been going.

Greenville 90210
12-13-2005, 08:38 PM
The flucker needs a reality check or another car crash. The money is getting to his fat head! this is exactly why I stopped listening to MOST rap.

Sorry I like rap, i just hate where its been going.

Turn off your TV and listen to MF DOOM. May I suggest Madvillain or MM...food?

Los
12-13-2005, 08:44 PM
I think he's literally going crazy. The fact that HE thinks that HE hasn't gained the so called acceptance HE wants from the population is making him insecure and self-conscience...

He's gotta accept, that he really isn't that good.... Great producer, yes. But a good MC, hell no.

TheKraken
12-13-2005, 08:45 PM
You know, I used to not like Kanye West because his music is gimmicky and obnoxiously repetative... didn't know anything about him, didn't have anything against him personally, just didn't like his music. But Jesus, look at that shit. Fuck that guy.

Matt Jay
12-14-2005, 11:56 AM
I think he sucks and he's a moron, but that clip kind of made me like him. He was so cartoonishly arrogant that it was endearing.

Blake Sims
12-14-2005, 11:58 AM
I still like his music. I can seperate the work from the person that's making it.

Tom Burgos
12-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Damn, this guy is really become annoying...
Anyone remember the tantrum he threw when Gretchen Wilson beat him for best new artist at some Awards show?
Afterwards he apologized but now this?
So he thinks that only because he worked hard on the CD, that alone makes it the best?
Like the other nominees didn't work hard on their albums?

Mike
12-14-2005, 12:12 PM
it's strange, when i tell people i like kanye west i always wind up having to defend myself. how ridiculous is that? the guy has made two albums, and BOTH have been up for album of the year. i'd probably be arrogant too.

The Roman Candle
12-14-2005, 12:22 PM
I don't care how angry or violently arrogant he gets, as soon as I see those adorable sweaters on him I just want to give him a hug. :heart:

Seltzer Water
12-14-2005, 12:24 PM
You are all racists for not agreeing with Kanye. Racists!

Blake Sims
12-14-2005, 12:25 PM
it's strange, when i tell people i like kanye west i always wind up having to defend myself. how ridiculous is that? the guy has made two albums, and BOTH have been up for album of the year. i'd probably be arrogant too.
damn straight

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
12-14-2005, 12:31 PM
Fuck it, I still like him.

RebootedCorpse
12-14-2005, 01:01 PM
You haters don't care about Black people.

jason hissong
12-14-2005, 01:07 PM
I like Kanye. Man makes some great music and Mike's completely right on this. He's proved his chops, he's earned the right to be arrogant.

TheKraken
12-14-2005, 03:43 PM

Dude, Christina Aguilera won a "Best New Artist" Grammy. Awards don't mean shit...

Mister Mets
12-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Now that I finally know who Kanye West is (I'm sick of hearing/reading his name around here), I have to say, I like that Golddigger song, but only for the bit that Jamie Foxx mimes.

My room-mate keeps humming that part.

Incidentally, it's from Ray Charles's excellent "I got a woman."

A.Huerta
12-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Dude, Christina Aguilera won a "Best New Artist" Grammy. Awards don't mean shit...

Im sorry man... but for a white girl, she can SANG!

TheKraken
12-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Im sorry man... but for a white girl, she can SANG!

She certainly has more talent than her peers, but her music still sucks. Give her a good song writer and she could prob'ly be pretty awesome, but she won that Grammy for "Genie in a Bottle" and shit. No fuckin' way...

UltimateQuintessa
12-14-2005, 04:45 PM
damn straight

agreed.

TonyFleecs
12-14-2005, 04:52 PM
Umm.... Arrogance is deeply rooted in hip-hop.

Why is it ok for rappers to yell about how much money they have or how many girls they got but not to yell about how good thier music is?

They do it in songs all the time, I could name 5 rappers right off the top of my head who've said they're the best rapper of all time. Kanye just has the media focus right now so it's all "Kanye's Arrogant", "Kanye whines".

Give any other mainstream rapper the spotlight for 10 minutes and people will say the same thing about them... just look at the rediculous shit 50 Cent says.

A.Huerta
12-14-2005, 05:09 PM
They do it in songs all the time, I could name 5 rappers right off the top of my head who've said they're the best rapper of all time. Kanye just has the media focus right now so it's all "Kanye's Arrogant", "Kanye whines".

But Kanye looks like a bitch, thats the difference.

She certainly has more talent than her peers, but her music still sucks. Give her a good song writer and she could prob'ly be pretty awesome, but she won that Grammy for "Genie in a Bottle" and shit. No fuckin' way...

I can't hate, shes too fine... but I agree about her getting a better song.

Greenville 90210
12-15-2005, 01:58 PM

Album of the year is such a joke. They're judging from like 40 big releases...