PDA

View Full Version : Dylan to host weekly music show on XM

BENDIS!
12-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Dylan to host weekly music show on XM

You can call him Bobby and you can call him Zimmie. And come March 2006, you can call him DJ. Bob Dylan has agreed to host a weekly, one-hour music show for XM Satellite Radio's Deep Tracks channel. It marks the first time the music legend will have hosted a radio show. Featuring an eclectic mix of music hand-picked by the cultural icon, the program will also include commentary from Dylan on music and other topics, along with Dylan interviewing guests and taking emails from XM subscribers. "Songs and music have always inspired me," Dylan said in a press release Tuesday. "A lot of my own songs have been played on the radio, but this is the first time I've ever been on the other side of the mic. It'll be as exciting for me as it is for XM." (Paul Heine, Billboard Radio Monitor)

CraigM
12-13-2005, 07:18 PM
I thought this was going to be about the rapper on Making the Band.

"There are five great rappers in the world; Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, and Dylan."

Craig

Pat Loika
12-13-2005, 07:18 PM

"There are five great rappers in the world; Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, and Dylan."

Craig

:rofl:

P.

KAK
12-13-2005, 07:27 PM
I'll most certainly be interested in the music Dylan chooses to play, Little Steven's Garage (Steven Van Zant of The Boss's band and Sopranos) and Alice Cooper's shows show that rocker celeb radio DJing thing can work, and is enjoyable in my opinion, hopefully this will be a great insight into one of music's best singer/songwriters

Mike Haseloff
12-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Wow, that's pretty cool! :o

sonnylarue
12-13-2005, 07:53 PM
the satellite radio wars are fun to watch

CraigM
12-13-2005, 08:06 PM
:rofl:

P.

For your viewing pleasure...

http://www.craigmaloof.com/dylan1.jpg
"Who're the best five rappers in the world..."

http://www.craigmaloof.com/dylan2.jpg
"Because I spit hot fire!"

Craig

St.-
12-13-2005, 09:22 PM
I'd rather he spend more time on making it now. He takes to long to put out albums and I know he has more material just sitting around. Plus time out of mind is very different from love and theft and I'd like to see a progression before he kicks the bucket.

aj110
12-13-2005, 11:37 PM

Craig

I RIP AND I RHYME, I RHYME AND I RIP!

Blake Sims
12-13-2005, 11:48 PM
wow, wish I had XM