PDA

View Full Version : MACK in my art class...

BlueNote27
12-13-2005, 11:23 AM
So I'm taking Approaches to Art this semester and for our final project, we had to do a powerpoint describing an exhibition that we would put on. It was to focus on an idea or an artist, but cite examples of many different artists.

I chose David Mack.

So I was up till 3 am this morning finishing up my power point in which I link Mack to many different art legacies- Klimt, Giotto, Hannah Hoch, a few Japanese artists, Eisner, Picasso. It was actually really fun, and I liked putting up a Mack piece to a Klmit and drawing parallels.

So in class, they get to the presentation right before mine, and then decide to call it a day. So I stayed up till 3 for nothing.

I'll let you all know how it goes down on Thursday!

GelfXIII
12-13-2005, 12:08 PM
Cool! Anyway you can put a link to the PPT file? I'd be intersting in seeing it, as I think others here would too.

Good luck Thursday!

Jose Payan
12-13-2005, 12:21 PM
My drawing professor is a huge mark for Big Dave. He's always asking me if I have the latest issue of Kabuki so he can study (not read, not flip) it. He wants to order the Reflections TPB and the Art of David Mack HC, but he's pretty broke.

Murdock's Girl
12-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Sweet! I wish I could see it!
Tess/MG

JKCarrier
12-14-2005, 12:20 PM
Some interesting choices there! Giotto is one that wouldn't have occured to me, but it's a good match -- the religious imagery, obviously, but also surface qualities like the use of gold leaf. Things like altarpieces and triptychs always remind me of comic book pages anyway, with the way they play with multiple images and sequences.

It's too bad you didn't get to actually do the presentation, though. It's always fun to introduce people to great work. Maybe next time!

BlueNote27
12-14-2005, 02:21 PM
I picked Giotto as he was one of the original "storytellers" in art. The actual power point doesn't say much as I'm going to be talking over it as I present to the class. If I knew how to put it online, I would. I present it tomorrow to the class, and I'm first, so I can take all the time I want!