PDA

View Full Version : ITUNES question

Oeming
04-06-2005, 07:33 AM
Is there an updated program for Itunes? Im not crazy about the randomizor on it- it plays in the same order (so when i start it out, I have to start it not in with the same song or else it just plays my tracks in the same order) and it also seems to randomly play some of the same tracks too often.

Is there an upgrade or anything for it? Otherewise, I love it, but this kind of bugs me.

NATE!
04-06-2005, 07:40 AM
Is there an upgrade or anything for it?
http://www.tomservo.cc/show.aspx/hammer.jpg

Brewtown Andy
04-06-2005, 07:49 AM
There's always Party Shuffle.

Oeming
04-06-2005, 07:59 AM
There's always Party Shuffle.

Whats the difference between shuffle and party shuffle?

Gregory
04-06-2005, 08:03 AM
Whats the difference between shuffle and party shuffle?

With party shuffle, foam shoots out of the music player.

Brewtown Andy
04-06-2005, 08:05 AM
Whats the difference between shuffle and party shuffle?On my iTunes, I can select Party Shuffle, as well as shuffle in my library. In Party Shuffle, it pulls up a specified amount of songs coming up, and you can refresh over and over to get a list you like. Or create your own list. Should be an option on the left of the screen.

SteveZegers
04-06-2005, 08:08 AM
With party shuffle, foam shoots out of the music player.
That ain't foam! :shock:

Gregory
04-06-2005, 08:10 AM
That ain't foam! :shock:

Come again?

xyzzy
04-06-2005, 08:12 AM
There's a setting where it will play your higher rated songs more often than your lower rated ones. That might be causing some of the issues you are experiencing.

Francis
04-06-2005, 08:27 AM
the Party Shuffle works like this:
Open up the Party Shuffle menu on the left side of the iTunes window. At the bottom of the main window pane you'll see "Source". Basically you can point the Party Shuffle at whatever group of songs you want, be it a playlist, or your full library, and it will shuffle the songs up and play them in rotation, displaying as many future songs as you want via the dropdown box at the bottom. AFAIK it does not use the same shuffle algarithm as the regular "shuffle" feature, and so it should play your songs in a unique order each time.

--
Francis