PDA

View Full Version : To all you kids bitching about how much school sucks...

noble
12-09-2005, 03:39 AM
and can't wait until you're out, here's a phrase that will change your tune...

NO FUCKING SNOW DAYS!

EVER!

The radio just said the roads were dangerous and people are driving into the abyss for bigfeets and moose beasts to gnaw on their bones, and every school in the state is closed, but we still have to go to work!

Your boss doesn't give a fuck that you might plunge to your icy death, or your car might slide into a semi hauling dynamite and razor blades.

So enjoy it while it lasts you whiney whiner ummm, whines.

SteveZegers
12-09-2005, 04:09 AM
I think the same thing as I'm standing on the train platform being slowly coated with snow until I look like an early version of Iceman. Being a grown-up sucks.

AAlgar
12-09-2005, 04:22 AM
I'm a defense contractor, and I get a paid snow day whenever the base closes.

Neener, neener.

noble
12-09-2005, 04:29 AM
Yeah but you Irish drink so much you're unfreezable!

You should have to go to work mister! :mad:

AAlgar
12-09-2005, 04:35 AM

I'm not Irish. I'm American. :crazy:

Sir Erudite Gav
12-09-2005, 04:37 AM

I'm Irish, but I don't do this whole "work" thing. They still pay me though, which is nice.

Ray G.
12-09-2005, 05:17 AM
I work at a school. :lol:

But seriously, I know what you mean. I once had to go to my indentured servitude(Jury Duty) the day after a 20-inch snowfall, because the courthouse just flat-out wouldn't close, even though the storm was still raging.

Bandit Chimera
12-09-2005, 05:53 AM

But seriously, I know what you mean. I once had to go to my indentured servitude(Jury Duty) the day after a 20-inch snowfall, because the courthouse just flat-out wouldn't close, even though the storm was still raging.

word ...snowdays and summer are great when you are a teacher...granted that not why i'm going into the field but it is a nice perk :)

Mike Storniolo
12-09-2005, 07:05 AM
I'd rather take my chances with an icey death and the semi hauling dynamite and razor blades anyday over a 6 page Biology packet, a 4 page English report, studying Espanol, and a page and a half of Geometry...

noble
12-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Yeah Mike but you can just not do them. Hang out with your friends till five in the morning then show up at school whenever.

That's what I did :D

Worked out great for me :p

Ben Rosen
12-09-2005, 09:59 AM
class sucks, but school does not suck.

Taki Soma
12-09-2005, 09:59 AM
School sucked.

there, is that better?

Evan the Shaggy
12-09-2005, 10:01 AM
I think you've really grown up in some respects when snow becomes a burden.

The Human Target
12-09-2005, 10:02 AM
I'd rather take my chances with an icey death and the semi hauling dynamite and razor blades anyday over a 6 page Biology packet, a 4 page English report, studying Espanol, and a page and a half of Geometry...

Word.

Jew Mafia
12-09-2005, 10:10 AM

Ditto, I love lording it over my roomie who's in retail and has to go in no matter what, while I lay around in my pj's watching cartoons.

ihategravity
12-09-2005, 12:03 PM
I'm part of the school working crew on this board. And I loves me some snow days. In fact, here in Maine, we got out of school a couple hours early.

Marcdachamp
12-09-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm in College and I've had a few. Just got one a week before Thanksgiving. Only got out of work once for it though, and when Buffalo declares a Blizzard, you watch out.

RyanP
12-09-2005, 02:14 PM
I think you've really grown up in some respects when snow becomes a burden.
have to agree wit that. I don't go anywhere when it snows. I like the idea of being snowed in and not being able to get out, eventhough it never snows THAT much and I have a four wheel drive. So it's just a silly fantasy.

Ryan Elliott
12-09-2005, 02:16 PM
I'd rather be at work than in school.

And I mean this with every ounce of my soul.

Clear enough for you?

SimiBoyz
12-09-2005, 02:23 PM
I've never had a snow day at school

Yet I've had 2 during my working life. :-?

Ryan Elliott
12-09-2005, 02:24 PM
I've never had a snow day at school

Yet I've had 2 during my working life. :-?

Sweet, sweet irony.

Ben
12-09-2005, 03:39 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHa etc.

Ray G.
12-09-2005, 04:04 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHa etc.

Truth is truth. As usual you don't have any real rebuttal.