PDA

View Full Version : Make no mistake about it. Favre has retired.

ThisSpaceForRent
12-04-2005, 11:58 AM
He's not even mailing it in.
The Packers would be better off just direct snapping to a fullback on every down.

What a piece of shit...RETIRE. He's not only costing his team THIS season, he's robbing the rookie QB of his chance to get acclimated to the NFL, thus robbing his team of their future as well.

What a piece of shit. Oh - and a shitty coach to boot. Bench the fucker Sherman!

Smokinblues
12-04-2005, 12:00 PM
he's not costing his team shit.

his team cost themselves the season when they let their two best offensive linemen leave in free agency and didn't replace them.

his team cost themselves when they drafted aaron rodgers instead of getting much need help for either the o-line or the defense.

the packers mailed in the season a long time ago. this has almost nothing to do with brett.

King of Mars
12-04-2005, 12:10 PM

his team cost themselves the season when they let their two best offensive linemen leave in free agency and didn't replace them.

his team cost themselves when they drafted aaron rodgers instead of getting much need help for either the o-line or the defense.

the packers mailed in the season a long time ago. this has almost nothing to do with brett.You're kinda right. This team was doomed from the start for all the reasons you mentioned. Still, Farve's skillz have declined, he's making a lot of shit decisions (which he's always done) and, when looking at the big picture, it's obvious he's not helping the team by keeping his successor on the bench. He's earned the right to go out on his terms but it'd be nice for his team if he'd pack it in and allow the rebuilding process to begin. They are not gonna win another Superbowl with him at quarterback.

Guy H
12-04-2005, 06:53 PM
first, anyone that thinks it's a good idea to have rodgers qb right now is a fucking idiot or doesn't know football..

see how bad there offense is with one of the best there ever was.. now put a rookie in there with no decent rb and a half assed o-line and one wideout that isn't useless..

you know what you'd get.. you'd see rodgers fail miserably and probably mind fuck him for quite a long time..

and there is no way he could he even do a reasonably shitty job.. to put it mildly if it wasn't for favres arm strength this team would be 0-12.. the wideouts can't get any separation at all it's a wonder he completed 31 passes today..

no, it's because of favre this team had a chance in almost every game so far this year.. i'd give manning, brady, and maybe vick (only because of his running ) any chance to win more than favre with this team.. most likely it'd be the same result..

Bill!
12-04-2005, 07:02 PM

the packers mailed in the season a long time ago. this has almost nothing to do with brett.

Well, they drafted Rodgers because of fucking Favre in the first place. The douche wouldn't just come right out and say yes or no if he was retiring. They had to have a contingency plan you know in case he did. I hate the Packers, but Favre fucked them over big time.

Granted Rodgers wouldn't have been that great this season, hell, maybe even worse, but when you're grooming a new QB, its a given that you're pretty much sacrificing the current season, but now he doesn't even get to play because Favre cries whenver anyone mentions Rodgers name.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
12-04-2005, 07:03 PM
I really don't see Favre retiring. I don't understand how you can say he sucks. His team has given up on the season.

Georgie
12-04-2005, 07:13 PM
No ONE player on the team can be blamed for a winning or losing season (unless that man is Feely). Granted, I'm an Eagles fan and I still have playoff hopes.

Humphrey_Lee
12-04-2005, 08:37 PM
You're kinda right. This team was doomed from the start for all the reasons you mentioned. Still, Farve's skillz have declined, he's making a lot of shit decisions (which he's always done) and, when looking at the big picture, it's obvious he's not helping the team by keeping his successor on the bench. He's earned the right to go out on his terms but it'd be nice for his team if he'd pack it in and allow the rebuilding process to begin. They are not gonna win another Superbowl with him at quarterback.

When you've got two or three 250 pound men rushing after you literally within 2 seconds of the ball hike because you're line can't hold them, you'd be making pretty shitty passing decisions too...

King of Mars
12-04-2005, 08:45 PM
When you've got two or three 250 pound men rushing after you literally within 2 seconds of the ball hike because you're line can't hold them, you'd be making pretty shitty passing decisions too...That doesn't account for the last fourteen seasons (or whatever it is) of shitty passes. Dude's a great talent and a first ballot Hall of Famer but he's not exactly one of the more cerebral guys to ever play the position.

The Robot Lord of Tokyo
12-04-2005, 08:49 PM
I remember watching an interview earlier this year on ESPN NEWS where Favre was saying that it "isn't my job to take Aaron under my wing" and pretty much alluded that he wasn't happy about them drafting him.
Sort of short sighted in many ways. I know he loves his team but it came off that he loves his glory more then the good of the team. He's getting up there in age and if he would come back next year I'd think it would be a bad idea. But deep down you know he wants another super bowl ring.......I just don't think the Packers will get there for a while.

Humphrey_Lee
12-04-2005, 09:06 PM
That doesn't account for the last fourteen seasons (or whatever it is) of shitty passes. Dude's a great talent and a first ballot Hall of Famer but he's not exactly one of the more cerebral guys to ever play the position.

Oh yea, but still, every QB makes shitty passes... now he gets to add ungodly amounts of hurried throws in addition to all the mistakes he'd normally make... if he was behind Cinci or Indy's O-Lines he'd be making out just as good as he's been for the past decade or so.

sonnylarue
12-04-2005, 11:15 PM
has he declined, yes, but he's giving all he's got. Did you see him blcok for his teammate on a special teams kickoff return today?

The guy's talent is fading fast, but there's no DOG in Favre

Brian Defferding
12-05-2005, 04:18 AM
The off-season killed the team, injuries killed the team, everything is shitty from the top on down. The team needs a major makeover, and as much as Favre is a hardcore player he can't do everything like he used to. I would like to see a new coach, I'd like to see the Packer's new general manager start making some shrewd off-season moves to build the team back up (I'll give him some slack on his first year).

Adrian B AWESOME
12-05-2005, 06:13 AM
He's not even mailing it in.
The Packers would be better off just direct snapping to a fullback on every down.

What a piece of shit...RETIRE. He's not only costing his team THIS season, he's robbing the rookie QB of his chance to get acclimated to the NFL, thus robbing his team of their future as well.

What a piece of shit. Oh - and a shitty coach to boot. Bench the fucker Sherman!

"What a piece of shit?" :lol:

Your opinion isn't fact, though you treat it as such.

Go back to sucking Belichick's cock.

ThisSpaceForRent
12-05-2005, 06:36 AM
That doesn't account for the last fourteen seasons (or whatever it is) of shitty passes.

EXACTLY.

Guy's got a cannon, no doubt, but he can't aim it.
That sidearm bullshit is hysterical...
He has no idea what "throwing the ball away" means. He's been bailed out by decent receivers and a great runningback, and all of a sudden HE'S had to be the one making plays.

He's not brave, he's not a soldier...he's a fucking selfish idiot. Playing with that thumb injury, and basically every game he plays from here on is just more proof.

But then again, it really is Mike Sherman's job to bench the fossil.

ThisSpaceForRent
12-05-2005, 06:37 AM
Go back to sucking Belichick's cock.

I would, but there's like a 2-year waiting list....that's what happens when you're the best coach in the game...top 3 the game has EVER seen, hands down.

Brewtown Andy
12-05-2005, 06:40 AM
has he declined, yes, but he's giving all he's got. Did you see him blcok for his teammate on a special teams kickoff return today?

The guy's talent is fading fast, but there's no DOG in FavreFavre on special teams. BWA HA HA HA HA.

It was on a reverse.

FedEx Fanboy
12-05-2005, 06:41 AM
Even Peyton Manning would look pretty suck ass if he didn't have a team worth a fucking shit.

Brewtown Andy
12-05-2005, 06:44 AM
EXACTLY.

Guy's got a cannon, no doubt, but he can't aim it.
That sidearm bullshit is hysterical...
He has no idea what "throwing the ball away" means. He's been bailed out by decent receivers and a great runningback, and all of a sudden HE'S had to be the one making plays.

He's not brave, he's not a soldier...he's a fucking selfish idiot. Playing with that thumb injury, and basically every game he plays from here on is just more proof.

But then again, it really is Mike Sherman's job to bench the fossil.If you're talking about his thumb injury from a couple years ago, fine, but all he did was cut his hand a little on somebody's helmet, and since it was cold, that hurt like a motherfucker. He's not actually injured.

In any case, yes, Favre is a first ballot HOFer, but he'll be the only one in there who made his fans say "OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING... well, that worked out" at least three times a game, and to average about an INT a game.

And as a Bears fan, I was licking my chops yesterday when there was a chance Rodgers was going to be coming in.

Brewtown Andy
12-05-2005, 06:45 AM
Even Peyton Manning would look pretty suck ass if he didn't have a team worth a fucking shit.Imagine where the Colts would be if Harrison blew his knee out in week one, and if Edge was declining and then got hurt for the season 3 weeks ago.

ThisSpaceForRent
12-05-2005, 06:51 AM
Imagine where the Colts would be if Harrison blew his knee out in week one, and if Edge was declining and then got hurt for the season 3 weeks ago.

No argument that any QB needs a team around him, but some QBs are able to assess the field quickly & make the right decision, some can't. Manning can.* Favre can't.

* Regular season games only. Has not yet been able to in games that count. :twisted:

Brewtown Andy
12-05-2005, 06:52 AM
No argument that any QB needs a team around him, but some QBs are able to assess the field quickly & make the right decision, some can't. Manning can.* Favre can't.For example, there's a reason why Desmond Howard has a Super Bowl MVP trophy and Favre doesn't.

Brian Defferding
12-05-2005, 07:05 AM

But then again, it really is Mike Sherman's job to bench the fossil.

For the love of God people, there wasn't much injury to his thumb in the first place and he was still making plays at the time he had the cut. I totally agree Favre's old and past his prime. I'm sure when Manning gets to be his age he'll start stinking too. But putting a lot of blame on Favre is misguided and fails to look at the bigger picture.

DungeonMasterJim
12-05-2005, 07:28 AM
When Elway was in his prime he couldn't win the Super Bowl. When he got old, threw what seems like a pick a game, but had a team around him, he won the big one. Farve has no team around him.

DM Jim

Guy H
12-05-2005, 07:33 AM
No argument that any QB needs a team around him, but some QBs are able to assess the field quickly & make the right decision, some can't. Manning can.* Favre can't.

* Regular season games only. Has not yet been able to in games that count. :twisted:

i'd throw any game against new england in there except this past one.. if the colts win it all it'll be because they now have a defense which takes the pressure off of manning. knowing he doesn't need to throw td's at a record rate has made it much easier.

having players makes a big difference.. is manning all world w/o harrison and brandon stokely.. desmond clark.. the edge and dominick rhodes? doubtful,. and favre is working with less than that.. they are on their 4th string running back right now and their defense can't stop anyone when it matters..

usually the ones to jump on a great player on the end of their careers are either a) fans of an opposing team that player has bitched slapped for years, b) bandwagoners of all sorts (which are the worst kind of fan i think we can all agree on) and c) those who hate because they never were

think back to all the idiots who said aikman didn't have it anymore .. yea, w/o the dominate o-line blocking for him and emmit and no irvin he became ordinary.. but if he would have been on a team that was still able to compete he would have been fine.. same with montana in san fran..

shit look at marino.. that guy was probably top 3 of all time and never won shit.. and his last few years were sad.. he's one of the few great ones in the past 10-20 yrs who held on too long in football..

lastly look at elway.. never won the big one until they got a defense and a running game..

Guy H
12-05-2005, 07:33 AM
When Elway was in his prime he couldn't win the Super Bowl. When he got old, threw what seems like a pick a game, but had a team around him, he won the big one. Farve has no team around him.

DM Jim

you sir are truly a wise man..

Guy H
12-05-2005, 07:35 AM
For example, there's a reason why Desmond Howard has a Super Bowl MVP trophy and Favre doesn't.

which was worthy.. his return turned momentum back to the pack.. but farve had a damn good game.. 2 td passes and one rushing..

WAKKAJAWAKKA
12-05-2005, 07:36 AM
No ONE player on the team can be blamed for a winning or losing season (unless that man is Feely). Granted, I'm an Eagles fan and I still have playoff hopes.

Haha, Feely Sucks.

Wayno.

Guy H
12-05-2005, 07:38 AM
I remember watching an interview earlier this year on ESPN NEWS where Favre was saying that it "isn't my job to take Aaron under my wing" and pretty much alluded that he wasn't happy about them drafting him.
Sort of short sighted in many ways. I know he loves his team but it came off that he loves his glory more then the good of the team. He's getting up there in age and if he would come back next year I'd think it would be a bad idea. But deep down you know he wants another super bowl ring.......I just don't think the Packers will get there for a while.

at the time he wasn't the only person unhappy with that.. i understood the pick.. a player rated that high still on the board you jump at it.. but make no mistake.. this team needed defensive help more than a backup qb..

Guy H
12-05-2005, 07:45 AM
Well, they drafted Rodgers because of fucking Favre in the first place. The douche wouldn't just come right out and say yes or no if he was retiring. They had to have a contingency plan you know in case he did. I hate the Packers, but Favre fucked them over big time.

Granted Rodgers wouldn't have been that great this season, hell, maybe even worse, but when you're grooming a new QB, its a given that you're pretty much sacrificing the current season, but now he doesn't even get to play because Favre cries whenver anyone mentions Rodgers name.

they didn't draft rodgers as an insurance policy.. christ he was the #1 player rated on their board that was still available.. thompson drafts the same way as wolf. take the best player you have rated..

and playing rodgers this year is again a big mistake.. he'd get killed and pretty much be shot as a qb for while.. christ he sucked ass in preseason when they would leave the first string o-line in and wrs to get him some experience.. only one td drv in 20 possessions and that was against the teams 3rd string..

i can guarantee you this is what would happen.. rodgers starts.. plays like shit.. gets picked off a ton.. doesn't move the team... gets the shit kicked out of him by the opposing defenses because he holds onto the ball longer as it takes him longer to progress through his reads.. fans then jump up and down saying what a wasted pick and the dude is useless..

keep him on the sidelines and learning.. next year when you have actual nfl starters and not some 4th and 5th stringers playing then you get rodgers in a game if need be.. but now would just set him back more than help him

Guy H
12-05-2005, 07:47 AM
Haha, Feely Sucks.

Wayno.

kickers make fans go gray faster than any other position on a team..

ThisSpaceForRent
12-05-2005, 07:52 AM
i can guarantee you this is what would happen.. rodgers starts.. plays like shit.. gets picked off a ton.. doesn't move the team... gets the shit kicked out of him by the opposing defenses because he holds onto the ball longer as it takes him longer to progress through his reads.. fans then jump up and down saying what a wasted pick and the dude is useless.

Not every rookie is going to step onto the field like Roethlisberger...the overwhelming majority have a lot of problems coming out of the gate. I can't imagine anyone still has hopes for the Packers to even hit 5 wins for the season...so why not give the new QB a chance to see what the NFL is really like now? What are the other options? Go through another offseason of Favre stringing everyone along until training camp?

Guy H
12-05-2005, 08:03 AM
Not every rookie is going to step onto the field like Roethlisberger...the overwhelming majority have a lot of problems coming out of the gate. I can't imagine anyone still has hopes for the Packers to even hit 5 wins for the season...so why not give the new QB a chance to see what the NFL is really like now? What are the other options? Go through another offseason of Favre stringing everyone along until training camp?

right, not everyone does.. but it won't matter because of the mental hit he'll take from it.. he's not close to ready yet.. being here and reading the articles and hearing the scouts from other teams saying he isn't ready yet is more a clue than anything. give him a chance next year when he actually has players to throw to or hand off too.