PDA

View Full Version : Metamorphosis - Your Quote

AvidFan
12-04-2005, 01:01 AM
hey all

doing a communications subject at college, have to do a piece on art, well I'd be stupid not to do it on David.

wont be getting my copy of Metamorphosis until Xmas, so what I'd like is for people to reply with their favourite quote from the book

the kind of quote that touches you, that communicates to your innerself, the kind that may be a deeper revelation to you as an individual and where you're at in your life, the kind that made you stop and think and reasses yourself as a human being, or the kind that you thought David Mack the human being was communicating to you.

thanks for your time and effort for this in advance.
there'll be a appendix and reference section at the back, where there'll be credit, not that anyone's going to be seeing this hefty tome, but so you know.

andy
AF.

ElectricMuse
12-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Sounds like a great project. Let us know how it goes.

On the page filled with writing that begins "Buddha Speaks" there is a line that goes "The creator, the creation and the act of creating are one! The act of creating brings us closer to God, closer to our true nature, closer to the universal spirit." And then "we decide to be happy and then create happiness." The idea of this is both humbling and empowering. To me it says that we are all creations of a greater universe, one that is constantly in a state of creation. There is something bigger than us that created us and we must continue to create. In this society, making money is seen as valuable, but if one feels that the driving force in the universe is creation, then the act of creating feels valuable. This has affected my life because it has reminded me what I always knew - that the thing that always made me happy, the reason I'm here, was to create. There was a difficult period of time where I felt blocked and uncreative but now I feel more relaxed and fulfilled. It took the pressure off to be "good" every time I created something because now I focus more on the act than the outcome (if the outcome works then all the better).

Another:
"The absence of tears...a bitter, bitter sweet drought. I must pray for rain."
Just a beautiful line. Kabuki finally feels free, both physically and emotionally, the rain symbolizes that release.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

-Talya

AvidFan
12-05-2005, 03:09 AM
Hey Talya

thanks for the reply! and it's exactly what I was looking for!
your own personal words and interpritation are as poyniant (sp?) as the text itself
thanks for taking the time

so you know the idea is to have quotes and the readers interpritation in gray letters underneath the text that I've written, nothing original but hopefully it will make what I'm doing more meaningful to me if not the tutor lol!

AF.

jason hissong
12-07-2005, 07:16 AM
I'll post mine when I get home tonight and can quote it directly.

-jason

AvidFan
12-08-2005, 05:16 PM
cool!

thnx

AF.

MACK!
01-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Glad to see this!

This is a good idea. I love to hear which lines resonate with readers.
I'd love to hear everyone's feedback to this.

I may choose some of the favorite quotes mentioned here to send to David Thornton to put on the alternating quote section at davidmackguide.com.

AvidFan
01-08-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm putting the 'TV/what's more important quote?' quote from Alchemy #5 on as well

funny how the most obvious things are sometimes the most difficult to come across or think about, well for me anyway, but then I 'spose that clarity of thought has got you where you are today :)

and sometimes you just need to hear things from others for them to really sink in or have an effect.

AF.