PDA

View Full Version : X-men Deadly Genesis #2 revealed? ****SPOILER PIC*****

sto110
11-29-2005, 05:56 PM
So who do you think this is?
http://www.buzzscope.com/reviews/5244/5244_1.jpg (http://www.buzzscope.com/reviews/5244/5244_1.jpg)

or

http://www.buzzscope.com/reviews.php?id=5244 (http://www.buzzscope.com/reviews.php?id=5244)
http://www.buzzscope.com/reviews/5244/5244_1.jpg

Roman Noodles
11-29-2005, 05:56 PM

Ooooo great cover.

DrMachine
11-29-2005, 05:57 PM
who?

Shepherd
11-29-2005, 05:57 PM
Looks like the infamous Red X to me.

R

Randomus
11-29-2005, 05:58 PM
Looks kind of like the Sentry.

DrMachine
11-29-2005, 05:58 PM
could you post the link, because if there's supposed to be a pic there I don't see it

Roman Noodles
11-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Looks like Donald Pierce. :)

John Drake
Thunderbird is now a metrosexual? :surrend:

sto110
could you post the link, because if there's supposed to be a pic there I don't see it

http://www.buzzscope.com/reviews/5244/5244_1.jpg (http://www.buzzscope.com/reviews/5244/5244_1.jpg)

DrMachine
11-29-2005, 06:00 PM

thank you sir

Joe Henderson
11-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Ted Danson?

Oh wait, all I see is a red x.

Mike Haseloff
11-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Looks kind of like the Sentry.Yeah, it does. :?

The art looks Jim Leeesque too.

DrMachine
11-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Unus the untouchable?

THWIP!
11-29-2005, 06:03 PM
What was the point of hiding the face in the first place? Still can't tell who that is.

Supajoe

or

http://www.buzzscope.com/reviews.php?id=5244 (http://www.buzzscope.com/reviews.php?id=5244)

jesus?

Mike Haseloff
Unus the untouchable?The guy on the cover* is blonde.

* Einsteins -- right click the red X, copy the address, and paste it into another window. :sherlock: - Helpful Haseloff

Mike Haseloff
11-29-2005, 06:04 PM
Oh! Could it be Havok? :?

Ray G.
11-29-2005, 06:04 PM
Hm. I still say it's a lost X-man who went evil and Professor X did something nasty to him, then erased everyone's memory of him.

DrMachine
11-29-2005, 06:05 PM
The guy on the cover* is blonde.

* Einsteins -- right click the red X, copy the address, and paste it into another window. :sherlock: - Helpful Haseloff

some of us didn't even see a red X...mister wizard

and so what it he's blonde? what color hair does Unus have?

Randomus
11-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Oh! Could it be Havok? :?
I think wearing colours other than black and blue is against Havok's religion.

Mike Haseloff
Hm. I still say it's a lost X-man who went evil and Professor X did something nasty to him, then erased everyone's memory of him.Exiles Mimick!*

Costume and hair, beeeyatch! :crazy:

*"616" Mimick went brunette. - Helpful Haseloff

Randomus

and so what it he's blonde? what color hair does Unus have?
Black.

And somehow I don't see Unus as the Metrosexual type.

Randomus
11-29-2005, 06:07 PM
Exiles Mimick!*

Costume and hair, beeeyatch! :crazy:

*"616" Mimick went brunette. - Helpful Haseloff
Shit, yeah. That COULD be Mimic. All the powers he exhibited in the last issue.

Mike Haseloff
11-29-2005, 06:07 PM

and so what it he's blonde? what color hair does Unus have?Unus has jet black hair, and frankly, is nowhere near as pretty! :grope:

Didn't see the red X?
I'm worried about you, Atom. Are you having trouble facing up to diabetes? You're on the bench mister, until you think about the example you're setting as a scientist! You're a danger to the whole operation! :mad:

The Human Target
11-29-2005, 06:09 PM
The eye beams make me think Cyclops.

Mike Haseloff
11-29-2005, 06:10 PM
The eye beams make me think Cyclops.:lol:

Oh, red eye beams and costume!
SNAP, beyaaaaatch! :crazy:

Roman Noodles
11-29-2005, 06:12 PM
:lol:

Oh, red eye beams and costume!
SNAP, beyaaaaatch! :crazy:

Well the eye beams are coming FROM cyclops . . . oh wait I get it now! :lol: funny . . . or is it :mistrust: ?

DrMachine
11-29-2005, 06:13 PM
Didn't see the red X?
I'm worried about you, Atom. Are you having trouble facing up to diabetes? You're on the bench mister, until you think about the example you're setting as a scientist! You're a danger to the whole operation! :mad:

I'm afraid I don't recognize your authority

chris page
11-29-2005, 06:13 PM
well, just looking at the costume, i would say it's very similar to captain mar-vell, except that he's pretty well fucking dead, and i don't recall him having any kind of force field abilities (as this character seems to be displaying). no idea who it is.. i guess we could always read the issue and find out.

that is also, a very nice silvestri cover. glad to see the man hasn't lost his touch..

GabeLogan
11-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Original Captain Marvel?
http://www.steveenglehart.com/Comics/Comics%20Images/Captain%20Marvel%2038.jpg

sto110
11-29-2005, 06:15 PM
i am sticking with

summers brother
mimic
or
unus

Mike Haseloff
11-29-2005, 06:16 PM
well, just looking at the costume, i would say it's very similar to captain mar-vell...:mistrust:

I'm afraid I don't recognize your authorityYou're outta line, soldier!

Don't make me put you down!

The Human Target
11-29-2005, 06:19 PM
Doesn't look at all like Unus, nor does it explain how he would be in space. He was hanging in Genosha last we saw him.

616 Mimic has brown hair, and last we saw him wasn't in space either. Yet the idea of him absorbing all the ambient mutant power is interesting.

It being a Summers borther doesn't really follow.

I'd say its got to be a new character or one that hasn't be aroung in a long time.

Randomus
11-29-2005, 06:20 PM
It's totally a Skrull posing as a clone of Mimic.

Mike Haseloff
11-29-2005, 06:21 PM
616 Mimic has brown hair, and last we saw him wasn't in space either. Yet the idea of him absorbing all the ambient mutant power is interesting.I said that! That's why I said Exiles Mimic! :bendis:

:bendis: = The 'your face' emoticon. Shut up.

The Human Target
11-29-2005, 06:24 PM
I said that! That's why I said Exiles Mimic! :bendis:

:bendis: = The 'your face' emoticon. Shut up.

I was agree with you ya bastard. :miffed:

My X-knowledge is vast, and I have no idea who it is.

And I hope you're kidding about it being Exiles Mimic.

chris page
11-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Doesn't look at all like Unus, nor does it explain how he would be in space. He was hanging in Genosha last we saw him.

616 Mimic has brown hair, and last we saw him wasn't in space either. Yet the idea of him absorbing all the ambient mutant power is interesting.

It being a Summers borther doesn't really follow.

I'd say its got to be a new character or one that hasn't be aroung in a long time.

wasn't there that supposed third summers brother, who was supposed to be that long haird blonde kid in space or something? i remember the x-books tried to push this on us back in the mid 90's, and like many stories from that era, it went no where. i think his name was like x-treme or something..

DrMachine
11-29-2005, 06:25 PM
wasn't there that supposed third summers brother, who was supposed to be that long haird blonde kid in space or something? i remember the x-books tried to push this on us back in the mid 90's, and like many stories from that era, it went no where. i think his name was like x-treme or something..

Adam X, but in Xmen The End it was revealed that the 3rd brother was

Gambit

Randomus
His name was X-Treme and he made your blood explode.

It was terrible.

DrMachine
I said that! That's why I said Exiles Mimic! :bendis:

he's running around in the New Universe right now...and has a bad case of Proteus

The Human Target
11-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Yeah, that whole storyline was clusterfucked to death. I think the original writer even said it was just Sinister being a dick, then Adam X, then Gambit, etc.

There just isn't any basis in fact for the theory of it being a Summer's brother.

Mike Haseloff
11-29-2005, 06:30 PM
I was agree with you ya bastard. :miffed:

My X-knowledge is vast, and I have no idea who it is.

And I hope you're kidding about it being Exiles Mimic.Not so much kidding, as just screaming names of characters with something in common with that guy... :surrend:

Except for Captain Marvel, because that's just ridiculous. :roll:

he's running around in the New Universe right now...and has a bad case of Proteus... you're fired.

Randomus
11-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Maybe it's Changeling.

Pat Loika
11-29-2005, 06:33 PM
Spoiler?! I don't even know who he is!

Hopefully it reads better than it looks!

P.

sto110
11-29-2005, 06:33 PM

Hopefully it reads better than it looks!

P.

had to put spoiler man, never know with some people now adays.

Mike Haseloff
11-29-2005, 06:34 PM

Hopefully it reads better than it looks!It's THOR!!!

Randomus
11-29-2005, 06:34 PM
'Cuz, y'know, Changeling had those mind powers/telekinetics that Xavier somehow imparted to him.

Then again, Changeling is pretty dead in 616.

Pat Loika
11-29-2005, 06:35 PM
had to put spoiler man, never know with some people now adays.

I know exactly what you mean, so it's cool. BTW, Rann/Thanagar should be arriving there soon...

P.

chris page
11-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Except for Captain Marvel, because that's just ridiculous. :roll:

just said the costume was similar, that's all.

Mike Haseloff
11-29-2005, 06:38 PM
'Cuz, y'know, Changeling had those mind powers/telekinetics that Xavier somehow imparted to him.

Then again, Changeling is pretty dead in 616.Yeah, and he has a thing about stupid, prongy purple helmets. :?

I can't see him giving that up in a hurry!

just said the costume was similar, that's all.No. You're ridiculous. Don't even look at me. :bendis:

james michael
11-29-2005, 06:39 PM
alls i know is that is one fucked up thumb...

cannonball?

Randomus
11-29-2005, 06:39 PM
Yeah, and he has a thing about stupid, prongy purple helmets. :?

I can't see him giving that up in a hurry!

No. You're ridiculous. Don't even look at me. :bendis:
The big purple seashell look was really in that year, okay.

moonspider
11-29-2005, 06:40 PM
looks like captain marvel...and he's gone nutjob again

GabeLogan
11-29-2005, 06:40 PM
looks like captain marvel...and he's gone nutjob again
That is what I thought too.

Randomus
11-29-2005, 06:47 PM
Captain Marvel is not a mutant, though.

GabeLogan
11-29-2005, 06:48 PM
Yeah but I haven't seen anything that necessarily says this person is a mutant. Some hints maybe but perhaps anything could have absorbed that energy.

copypastepuke
11-29-2005, 06:49 PM
i still havent found deadly genesis one. it was sold out around me.

Lord Jermaine Retail
11-29-2005, 07:10 PM
My idea:
Xavier sent other people to Krakoa to rescue the X-men before getting the group that would be the "new" X-men to go. Those people were not able to get off of Krakoa before it was rather ruthlessly jettisoned from the planet. Bits an pieces remained and the energies from HoM awakened one or more, possibly with altered abilities due to Krakoa spores or HoM. This plays into making Xavier not such a good guy if he failed to mention there were other people on Krakoa.

My co-worker's idea:
Lucifer. The lame silver age X-villain with the resevoir tip helmet who crippled Xavier. Terrible, but if you do some research on him, he was extremely powerful and had untapped potential. He wore the red and blue-ish color scheme, has to possess people to exist on Earth, and died/ was banished from Earth in 1974 so he would not know Wolverine or Marvel Girl II. Look this guy up on uncannyxmen.net and see if it could be something. DG is supposed to create a Magneto quality villain for the X-men and Lucifer might do it.

None of those will be it of course because that's how it goes. Probably best to forget about Thunderbird though. And note that the Bloodstone Monster files has a listing on Krakoa (and son of Krakoa) for no apparent reason.

Pat Loika
11-29-2005, 07:13 PM
My idea:
Xavier sent other people to Krakoa to rescue the X-men before getting the group that would be the "new" X-men to go. Those people were not able to get off of Krakoa before it was rather ruthlessly jettisoned from the planet. Bits an pieces remained and the energies from HoM awakened one or more, possibly with altered abilities due to Krakoa spores or HoM. This plays into making Xavier not such a good guy if he failed to mention there were other people on Krakoa.

I had the same theory, in fact I posted it in another thread a week or so ago. I think this idea makes a lot of sense. I would imagine these people were sent in to rescue the original team, failed, and got trapped in Krakoa...this explains why this new character recognizes Cyclops and was looking for Jean, too.

P.

Mike Haseloff
11-29-2005, 07:14 PM
My co-worker's idea:
Lucifer. The lame silver age X-villain with the resevoir tip helmet who crippled Xavier. Terrible, but if you do some research on him, he was extremely powerful and had untapped potential. He wore the red and blue-ish color scheme, has to possess people to exist on Earth, and died/ was banished from Earth in 1974 so he would not know Wolverine or Marvel Girl II. Look this guy up on uncannyxmen.net and see if it could be something. DG is supposed to create a Magneto quality villain for the X-men and Lucifer might do it.He wore blue and yellow? But purple and red was so dashing!

BRUNETTE!!! :nodidnt:

Kefky
11-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Fuck, that really does look like Captain Marvel! :shock:

Don't do it, Bru! Please, please, pleeeeease! :cry:

Lord Jermaine Retail
11-29-2005, 07:32 PM
I had the same theory, in fact I posted it in another thread a week or so ago. I think this idea makes a lot of sense. I would imagine these people were sent in to rescue the original team, failed, and got trapped in Krakoa...this explains why this new character recognizes Cyclops and was looking for Jean, too.

P.
Would that be ok though? I think it is totally doable that multiple attempts to save those guys were made. And it'd give a reason for someone to be very, very upset.

Lord Jermaine Retail
11-29-2005, 07:33 PM
He wore blue and yellow? But purple and red was so dashing!

BRUNETTE!!! :nodidnt:
Cyclops wears blue and yellow. What's all this Captain Marvel talk?

Pat Loika
11-29-2005, 07:33 PM
Would that be ok though? I think it is totally doable that multiple attempts to save those guys were made. And it'd give a reason for someone to be very, very upset.

I think it fits in perfectly. Add in the possibility of Xavier brainwashing Cyclops into forgetting about who these people are...

P.

dimeshop
11-29-2005, 07:34 PM
he's running around in the New Universe right now...and has a bad case of Proteus

It could be Proteus!

Or did he die in that first story he was in?

Protues' twin brother? That would explain why Moria's so pissed at Xavier

(grasping, I know)

Mike Haseloff
11-29-2005, 07:35 PM
Cyclops wears blue and yellow. What's all this Captain Marvel talk?I was talking about your friend's Lucifer theory. (Hence the quote).

Would that be ok though? I think it is totally doable that multiple attempts to save those guys were made. And it'd give a reason for someone to be very, very upset.Yeah, when I was a little kid, my parents left me at the supermarket by accident once.

My first thought when I was rescued was definitely to become a super villain, and kill them.

chris page
11-29-2005, 07:38 PM
No. You're ridiculous. Don't even look at me. :bendis:

I'm looking at you, namor boy!!! I'm looking at yoooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu! :dazed:

chris page
11-29-2005, 07:39 PM
I was talking about your friend's Lucifer theory. (Hence the quote).

Yeah, when I was a little kid, my parents left me at the supermarket by accident once.

My first thought when I was rescued was definitely to become a super villain, and kill them.

imagine how all those kids they sent in to get you felt, when they were rudely abondoned after your rescue..

Mike Haseloff
11-29-2005, 07:39 PM
I'm looking at you, namor boy!!! I'm looking at yoooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu! :dazed:Oh no you didn't! :nodidnt:

:cry: Make it stop.

Lord Jermaine Retail
11-29-2005, 07:50 PM
I think it fits in perfectly. Add in the possibility of Xavier brainwashing Cyclops into forgetting about who these people are...

P.
Because that would have been extremely bad for business for that mission to have gone badly. The X-men as we know them would have been finished if people were lost on the Krakoa rescue mission.

chris page
11-29-2005, 07:56 PM
Because that would have been extremely bad for business for that mission to have gone badly. The X-men as we know them would have been finished if people were lost on the Krakoa rescue mission.

as opposed to losing people on the count nefaria mission?

(also, what the hell could thunderbird have actually done against krakoa? seriously, they already had a big strong guy..)

Mark Mavro (kryptic6)
11-29-2005, 08:07 PM
My theory is that this villain is one we haven't seen before. I'm thinking that there were more mutants that Xavier recruited around the time he recruited Wolverine and the others, only at some point they perished or he sacrificed them and mindwiped the rest of the X-Men. He probably saw it as a necessary cause, but it was most likely the worst act he's ever committed in the name of his mission.

Patton
11-29-2005, 08:11 PM
My theory is that this villain is one we haven't seen before. I'm thinking that there were more mutants that Xavier recruited around the time he recruited Wolverine and the others, only at some point they perished or he sacrificed them and mindwiped the rest of the X-Men. He probably saw it as a necessary cause, but it was most likely the worst act he's ever committed in the name of his mission.
good call.

Randomus
11-29-2005, 08:15 PM
I would rather not see Xavier made into an evil murdering bastard any more than he already is.

chris page
11-29-2005, 08:22 PM
I would rather not see Xavier made into an evil murdering bastard any more than he already is.

well, as long as they don't say that he had "absorbed some of magneto's evil" or whatever the hell it was they used to explain away onslaught, i think it could be an interesting story.

Mike Haseloff
11-29-2005, 08:24 PM
well, as long as they don't say that he had "absorbed some of magneto's evil" or whatever the hell it was they used to explain away onslaught, i think it could be an interesting story.Maybe I'm just trying to put my own spin on it, but I thought Onslaught was just the pent up psychic manifestation of the guilt he felt for crossing the line, and taking Magneto's mind.

It was Magneto that made him fondle Jean Grey as a student.

Lord Jermaine Retail
11-29-2005, 08:26 PM
as opposed to losing people on the count nefaria mission?

(also, what the hell could thunderbird have actually done against krakoa? seriously, they already had a big strong guy..)
I don't know. Losing several guys trying to get to the original crew would be pretty bad to start with. Losing T-bird was bad too, but bringing in mutants under the banner of helping people and losing them is worse.

Mark Mavro (kryptic6)
11-29-2005, 08:42 PM
good call.

I see this is quickly becoming a popular theory. Carry on.

james michael
11-29-2005, 08:53 PM
I see this is quickly becoming a popular theory. Carry on.
it is good, but it just reminds me too much of the last arc of axm...

Lord Jermaine Retail
11-29-2005, 09:05 PM
Sometimes the nice old guy in the wheelchair is just a nice old guy in a wheelchair. Sometimes the really nice girl is just Gwen Stacy. I'm all for new storytelling using characters I know, but some characters work better as 1 dimensional...characters.

bairdduvessa
11-29-2005, 10:25 PM
it's Nemesis.
Before Xavier put together the so called "New TeaM' he had a second team that failed miserably. The backstories of which are the bonsus stories at the end.

Mike Haseloff
11-29-2005, 10:50 PM
it's Nemesis.
Before Xavier put together the so called "New TeaM' he had a second team that failed miserably. The backstories of which are the bonsus stories at the end.Ugh... if that's true, and then I look at Captain America, I just don't feel very good about Herr Brubaker. :(

LIVE IN THE NOW!!!

bairdduvessa
11-30-2005, 02:25 AM
Ugh... if that's true, and then I look at Captain America, I just don't feel very good about Herr Brubaker. :(

LIVE IN THE NOW!!!
dude come on it's my uneducated guess. Ok I'm pulling it outta my oversized ass.
But hey if its true, go try to get that super serum

DrMachine
11-30-2005, 07:33 AM
no way is it Captain Marvel

Cth
11-30-2005, 08:31 AM
Jean Grey's come back from the dead in a new, male body, determined to shake off the never ending love-triangle-cycle.

I like the Mimic theory though, as well as the unknown X-man that Xavier erased everyone's memory of. If that was true, he and Sentry could team up for some adventures we'd never remember :)

Then again, Quesada did say that Capt Marvel was back. Doubtful it's this guy though, especially without the bracelets.

bairdduvessa
11-30-2005, 07:22 PM
I like the Mimic theory though, as well as the unknown X-man that Xavier erased everyone's memory of. If that was true, he and Sentry could team up for some adventures we'd never remember :)

it's not mimic, mimic's been in comics since Giant Size 1