View Full Version : Indiana Folks

Shepherd
11-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Ryan Walsh
Jon Dye
I Heart John Galt
Fed Ex Fanboy
ALL HOOSIERS

Let's set up that Hoosier Bendis Board Bash. I'll be in the US from December 15th through the 30th, and I'll be in Indy on the 17th and 18th. I say we meet in Broadripple on the night of the 17th (partially to make life easier for Jon), but it's been a while, so I'm not sure where. Any other suggestions are cool.

Also, anyone who wants to carpool down from the Fort Wayne area can get in my mom's SUV (although I won't be coming back up to FW until Sunday night, and I'll be staying with my brother, so you'll have to find your own sleeping arrangements).

Anyway, let me know who's interested.

R

Keith P.
11-27-2005, 12:45 PM
I could probably go.

And no, I'm not going to have sex with any of you.

I mean really...ick.

Shepherd
11-27-2005, 12:56 PM
I could probably go.

I mean really...ick.

Very cool. Is the broadripple area okay with you?

R

changingshades
11-27-2005, 01:10 PM
WHAAAAAATTT???
Ryan Walsh
Jon Dye
I Heart John Galt
Fed Ex Fanboy
ALL HOOSIERS

Let's set up that Hoosier Bendis Board Bash. I'll be in the US from December 15th through the 30th, and I'll be in Indy on the 17th and 18th. I say we meet in Broadripple on the night of the 17th (partially to make life easier for Jon), but it's been a while, so I'm not sure where. Any other suggestions are cool.

Also, anyone who wants to carpool down from the Fort Wayne area can get in my mom's SUV (although I won't be coming back up to FW until Sunday night, and I'll be staying with my brother, so you'll have to find your own sleeping arrangements).

Anyway, let me know who's interested.

Roh okay, yeah, thanks. The alley Cat would be perfect. Cheap Beer, Cheap Pool and Cheap whores. Saturday works better for me, since I actually have that day off most of the time. But if you guys want to drink by yourse until 8, I can catch you after work.

changingshades
11-27-2005, 01:11 PM
I could probably go.

I mean really...ick.
:(

Shepherd
11-27-2005, 01:52 PM
WHAAAAAATTT???oh okay, yeah, thanks. The alley Cat would be perfect. Cheap Beer, Cheap Pool and Cheap whores. Saturday works better for me, since I actually have that day off most of the time. But if you guys want to drink by yourse until 8, I can catch you after work.

Sounds good. Saturday is better for me too. I'd actually like to spend SOME time with my brother (although he'll probably come to the bash. He's a comic geek too).

R

Shepherd
11-27-2005, 01:53 PM
:(

Well, just because Keith won't give you any doesn't mean that *I* won't, Jon ;)

R

Shepherd
11-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Bump.

R

changingshades
11-27-2005, 03:38 PM
Well, just because Keith won't give you any doesn't mean that *I* won't, Jon ;)

R
:D

FedEx Fanboy
11-27-2005, 05:22 PM
December 17th... I should be free, I'd much rather hang out Downtown, but I know old Jon boy ain't got no wheels.

Dusto
11-27-2005, 06:08 PM
I might be free. Then again, that's right around the time I'm leaving for California. I need to double check the date.

Shepherd
11-27-2005, 06:23 PM
December 17th... I should be free, I'd much rather hang out Downtown, but I know old Jon boy ain't got no wheels.

Yeah, Broadripple is mostly for Jon. My brother's house is close to downtown, so that's good for me too, though. If someone would give Jon a ride, maybe we could make the switch.

R

Shepherd
11-27-2005, 06:23 PM
I might be free. Then again, that's right around the time I'm leaving for California. I need to double check the date.

Well, come if you can. Good to hear you're leaving the Hoosier state, though. Best move I ever made :).

R

changingshades
11-27-2005, 06:51 PM
well, if Ryan is going, I could probably catch a ride with him, if he's okay with it

Shepherd
11-28-2005, 02:03 AM
well, if Ryan is going, I could probably catch a ride with him, if he's okay with it

PM him, ask. And Ryan better damn well be going.

R

Dusto
11-28-2005, 07:03 AM
Well, come if you can. Good to hear you're leaving the Hoosier state, though. Best move I ever made :).

R

Oh, my time here's not done. I'm just visiting friends and family for the holidays.

Shepherd
11-28-2005, 12:25 PM
Oh, my time here's not done. I'm just visiting friends and family for the holidays.

Ahhhhh, well, I'm sorry to hear that then :). At least you're getting out for a little while.

R

Shepherd
11-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Bump

R

DaveCummings
11-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Sounds cool to me. Saturday works perfectly. The new job I'm starting has me actually off on the weekends so that is cool.

The Alleycat works too (it's my favorite bar in Broad Ripple, I was partial to the Patio, since that was the first bar I started going to, it's a shame it's closing....fuckers, The Eden I used to go to alot, because the day I used to go to had alot of Industrial Music, plus I loved the floor that was just a bar, but that got turned into a hip hop club last time I remember....fuckers.), but I'm open for whatever.

I remember when I first started going to bars, back in '97. The one I loved going to was this one on 86th street, across the street from Chalkies in the strip mall that got changed into a Dick's which is now closed down. It was called the Matrix. I used to go there on Saturdays because they would play stuff like Ministry, NIN, White Zombie, and Front Line Assembly. Also, I dug it on Saturdays because they had 25 cent draft beer.

I also dug the vibe of the place. There was chains hanging from the ceiling and metal platforms and shit. But, then they had to fucking change it into a Disco themed place and call it Club 54.....fuckers.

But yeah, the Alley cat works perfectly. I am not a dance club person. The last time I went to any dance clubs was because these girls I used to work with invited me along because I was there and they wanted me to go. It was cool, but it also sucked. It was cool, because I was getting hit on alot which I love, but it sucked because they wanted to go on a fucking Thursday, so no one was really there.

Yeah, That's cool.

If you need to get ahold of me about it, PM me.

changingshades
11-28-2005, 08:48 PM
yeah, if anyone isn't doing anything tomorrow, go down to The vault downtown for DRAMA, which is my friend's dj night

I'll probably be there around ten.

Shepherd
11-29-2005, 04:16 AM
I was partial to the Patio, since that was the first bar I started going to, it's a shame it's closing....fuckers

Holy shit! The Patio is closing? Why? I used to love that place. I saw Death Cab there.

R

Shepherd
11-29-2005, 04:17 AM
yeah, if anyone isn't doing anything tomorrow, go down to The vault downtown for DRAMA, which is my friend's dj night

I'll probably be there around ten.

Yeah, I might come. Wait, wait, no. I'm still in Korea. Maybe in two weeks or something :).

R

Ryan Walsh
11-29-2005, 01:00 PM
I have zero problem with giving you a lift. Either Friday or Saturday sounds good, but on Friday I work until 5.

And Ryan better damn well be going.

No worries. I'm there. Let's get pissed!!!!

Shepherd
11-29-2005, 01:44 PM
I have zero problem with giving you a lift. Either Friday or Saturday sounds good, but on Friday I work until 5.

Rad, glad you're coming. It's got to be Saturday the 17th. I'll be in the US on the 15th, but there's no way I can make it to Indy before the 17th.

R

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
11-29-2005, 01:45 PM
I am not from Indiana, but I wish that us Iowa boarders could get organized and actually follow through on meeting up.

changingshades
11-29-2005, 02:01 PM

I work until 8 on Fridays so ...

Shepherd
11-29-2005, 04:45 PM
I am not from Indiana, but I wish that us Iowa boarders could get organized and actually follow through on meeting up.

What you need is a former Iowa resident coming back for a short window of time to solidify you. That's what worked for the Hoosiers.

R

Shepherd
11-29-2005, 04:46 PM
I work until 8 on Fridays so ...

As I said, Friday's a no-go. I won't be in Indiana yet, let alone Indianapolis at that point.

R

Shepherd
11-30-2005, 12:26 PM
Bump. Still a couple of the Indiana boys that haven't seen this.

R

Shepherd
11-30-2005, 06:26 PM
Okay wait. We still need to decide for sure when and where. I say let's just go ahead and do Broadripple, that way I can get some good Indian food before hand (anyone else is welcome to join me for that too). How about 8 for the bar meeting? Is that cool with everyone?

R

jason hissong
11-30-2005, 06:44 PM
I used to go to school in Indiana.

Not really going to help me now, though.

-jason