PDA

View Full Version : L O S T Connections (spoilers!!)

wh park
11-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Spoilers ahead so don't read unless you're up to date.

So there are connections between the various people stuck on the island as well as with the island itself.

Here's what I have so far off the top of my head.

Jack
- let Shannon's father die when choosing to save his future wife
- his father met Sawyer in Australia
- met Desmond in Los Angeles years before
- talked to Ana Lucia at the airport in Australia

Hurley
-owns the box company that employed Locke
- his former supervisor, Randy works for him now and was Locke's boss
- used the mysterious numbers to win the lottery
- owned the comic that ended up with Walt

Chingòn
11-25-2005, 03:36 PM
Hurley
-owns the box company that employed Locke
- his former supervisor, Randy works for him now and was Locke's boss

i'm pretty sure the first one isn't true, but i don't know about the second one... never seen that one float around before.

wh park
11-25-2005, 03:41 PM
i'm pretty sure the first one isn't true, but i don't know about the second one... never seen that one float around before.

During the episode where we see Hurley win the lottery and all the bad things that happen to him there is a scene where he's talking to his accountant who mentions that he owns a box company and considering the nature of the show I would think it's the same one that John Locke works for.

And in the second Hurley flashback episode we see him working at a fast food chicken joint and his manager is Randy who's the obnoxious supervisor at the box company where Locke works at who we first see in Locke's first flashback episode.

DeleriumTremens
11-25-2005, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE=wh park]
Jack
- let Shannon's father die when choosing to save his future wife - Probably
- his father met Sawyer in Australia - Definitely
- met Desmond in Los Angeles years before - Definitely
- talked to Ana Lucia at the airport in Australia - Talked to her on the way to Australia, and probably carried on some sort of relationship with her, at least according to the look he gave her last episode.

Hurley
-owns the box company that employed Locke - Possibly
- his former supervisor, Randy works for him now and was Locke's boss - Unsure
- used the mysterious numbers to win the lottery - Definitely
- owned the comic that ended up with Walt[ - Definitely, since he's reading it on the plane on the way out of Aus./QUOTE]

DeleriumTremens
11-25-2005, 03:45 PM
Randy who's the obnoxious supervisor at the box company where Locke works at who we first see in Locke's first flashback episode.
Ah I missed that one.

gwyllgi
11-25-2005, 03:50 PM
He talked to her in Australia. Because he gave her his seat number.
At least, that's what I remember.

Patton
11-25-2005, 03:51 PM
-owns the box company that employed Locke - Possibly

ah come on. That's a probably.

DeleriumTremens
11-25-2005, 03:52 PM
I'll sgree, but I knocked it to possibly sinc ethe only evidence we have is that Hurley had a box company.

Thudpucker
11-25-2005, 03:53 PM
Sawyer ran into Jacks Father in a bar.

Modok Gas
11-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Ugh. Forgot which character's flashback had Hurley on TV after winning the lottery.

I've seen all the episodes... when did this happen: "Jack
- let Shannon's father die when choosing to save his future wife". I don't remember it.

DeleriumTremens
11-25-2005, 04:03 PM
Ugh. Forgot which character's flashback had Hurley on TV after winning the lottery.

I've seen all the episodes... when did this happen: "Jack
- let Shannon's father die when choosing to save his future wife". I don't remember it.
It's revealed slowly. First you find out that he abandoned working on a middle-aged gentleman in order to save his future wife. Then you later find out it was their father in the episode where Jack, and Shannon's family meet in the emergency room.

gwyllgi
11-25-2005, 04:04 PM

more than a probably. why mentio na box company at all if it isn't hurley's? I think we're meant to assume that for connective stuff.

Patton
11-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Jin's flashback had Hurley. He was on the TV in the guy Jin was sent to kill's place.

gwyllgi
11-25-2005, 04:05 PM
Jin's flashback had Hurley. He was on the TV in the guy Jin was sent to kill's place.

Wow. I didn't even notice that and I've seen that episode four times.
You're quick.

Pia Guerra
11-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Does anyone think that the guy who swindled Sawyer's family is actually Locke's father (who swindled Locke out of a kidney)?

The Human Target
11-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Yeah, the box company one is probable but unconfirmed. Locke and Hurley's boss are the same guy. My friend refused to believe it, so we put in the dvd of Locke's ep and then watched the dvr of Hurley's. Same dude, same name. Just a different haircut and facial hair.

-Sawyer is brought to the police station while Boone is there.

-Hurley listens to Charlie's band Driveshaft, but most of the castaways have probably heard it at some point. But thats to be expected.

-They all cross paths a lot at the airport. But thats to be expected.

The Human Target
11-25-2005, 04:11 PM
Does anyone think that the guy who swindled Sawyer's family is actually Locke's father (who swindled Locke out of a kidney)?

Its possible but really only supported by one cague line. So I wouldn't put money on it one way or another.

gwyllgi
11-25-2005, 04:14 PM
could be possible, what's the evidence.

The Human Target
11-25-2005, 04:15 PM
could be possible, what's the evidence.

Thats Locke's dad says something like "Do you think your the only person to ever be conned?"

Its not much. But it isn't totally out of the realm of possibilty.

gwyllgi
11-25-2005, 04:17 PM
you know, the way this show operates it is most certainly a possiblity.

DeleriumTremens
11-25-2005, 04:17 PM
Thats Locke's dad says something like "Do you think your the only person to ever be conned?"

Its not much. But it isn't totally out of the realm of possibilty.
It would be a sweet story line, but while this is possible, I'm going to reserve judgment until later.

The Human Target
11-25-2005, 04:21 PM
It would be a sweet story line, but while this is possible, I'm going to reserve judgment until later.

Yep. My thoughts exactly.

Briomega
11-25-2005, 04:33 PM
That's a stretch. He did what he did with Locke in order to save his own life. That's much different than being a con-artist.

joespam
11-25-2005, 05:09 PM
you know, the way this show operates it is most certainly a possiblity.I completely agree, but the phrase 'almost certainly a possibility' is really hurting my brain.
:o

gwyllgi
11-25-2005, 05:11 PM
that's cos you ain't near as edumcated as me.

wh park
11-26-2005, 10:05 AM
He talked to her in Australia. Because he gave her his seat number.
At least, that's what I remember.

I got the impression that Jack met Ana Lucia in Australia just before everyone got on the plane because the episode was focusing on flashbacks at the airport for everyone.

wh park
11-26-2005, 10:07 AM
-Sawyer is brought to the police station while Boone is there.

-Hurley listens to Charlie's band Driveshaft, but most of the castaways have probably heard it at some point. But thats to be expected.

Locke also mentions that he listens to Driveshaft.

And yes we do see Sawyer at the Australian police station when Boone is there.

wh park
11-26-2005, 10:08 AM
I also recall that Shannon got Sayid in trouble with airport security in Australia which is ironic since they hook up later on.

The Human Target
11-26-2005, 10:12 AM
Yeah, they all mildy interact at the airport though. Jin and Sun are in line behind Jack hile he tries to get his father's body onto the plane. But other than Ana Lucia and Jack meeting and Shannon reporting Sayid as a possible terrorist nothing of import really happens that we know of there.

joespam
11-26-2005, 10:40 AM
that's cos you ain't near as edumcated as me.Book lurnin' is the Devil's tool!

But it was more the use of certainty and possibility together. Because I think it's more possibly almost a certainty.

Kody
11-26-2005, 10:49 AM
I haven't caught any info on who Ana Lucia shot in that police shooting. Did you guys spot anything about that?

wh park
11-26-2005, 11:02 AM
I haven't caught any info on who Ana Lucia shot in that police shooting. Did you guys spot anything about that?

She shot the man who shot her and cost her her baby on a robbery call.

Kody
11-26-2005, 11:08 AM
She shot the man who shot her and cost her her baby on a robbery call.

OK, I think my memory must be screwed up on that one. Didn't she shoot someone before that shooting?

Movie Maker
11-26-2005, 11:17 AM
OK, I think my memory must be screwed up on that one. Didn't she shoot someone before that shooting?

she is the one who got shot, she never shot anyone before she killed the dude outside of the bar.

THWIP!
11-26-2005, 11:20 AM
You'r probably thinking when she took out her gun on the guy holding the TV. She didn't shoot him, she just panicked under the stress of everything she's been under and her being back in the field.