PDA

View Full Version : For all you who bought the new ROTS toys..

Bandit Chimera
04-05-2005, 06:14 AM
..Which ones are the coolest in your opinion?

just curious what other ppl think(i have my thoughts but haven't been able to see any of them in person because i haven't been able to get to a toys r us or a target. And the local Walmart sticks harcore and had like 2 figures.)

Patrick J
04-05-2005, 06:17 AM
I like the Chewbacca with "Raise the Roof" dance action.

Gregory
Most of what I saw didn't crank my engine. The female figures are HORRIBLE. Padme's painted makeup is too much. The Vader's not a great leap over recent Vader figures.

My favorite is WOOKIE RAGE Chewbacca because I can use him to recreate the Shawshank Redemption "standing free in the rain" scene.

Cth
I'm more partial to the armored/helmetted figures.

So, the Clonetroopers and Vader.

My wife loves Aalya Secura, so she got that one for her desk.

Clonetrooper has "quick draw" action.. but if you don't have a weapon in his hand, it looks like he's hailing a taxi-cab.

Vader has a saber slash that you can do by twisting his waist. Alternately, you can pull back his arm and it'll spring back into place, slashing.

And there's a TON of articulation on these figures. Some of the figures that don't have any features, come with bases to stand your figures on (unless they're so unbalanced they need it to stand)

Aayla Secura has this weird double jointed knee action which freaked my wife out :)

TIP
04-05-2005, 06:19 AM
I like the Chewbacca with "Raise the Roof" dance action.

:lol:

Hilarious.

My favorite is the Kit Fisto figure.

T

Cth
04-05-2005, 06:19 AM
Yeah, Wookie Rage cracks me up.. I keep hearing it in HOOPER X's voice.

A lot of the Anakin figures look like he's got mascara on.

The UNLEASED statues look good, but I passed on those too.

There's also some extra large figures that look cool (12" I think?).

Cth
04-05-2005, 06:20 AM
Something else noteworthy is the sheer number of figures with detachable arms, heads, etc. Lots of carnage in this film.

Gregory
04-05-2005, 06:23 AM
Did anyone at Toys R Us notice that the store also started stocking Batman Begins toys? They look kinda weak, and they have AGAIN padded the line with Batsuit variations.

gibbEy
04-05-2005, 06:38 AM
I got the Kenobi Unleashed....I dig those...gonna get the Anakin one next. The normal figures were cool, and I thought those Force Battlers (i think they're called) are pretty cool....

greg donovan
04-05-2005, 06:39 AM
Did anyone at Toys R Us notice that the store also started stocking Batman Begins toys? They look kinda weak, and they have AGAIN padded the line with Batsuit variations.

i particularly enjoy how the dark knight has a glider w/light up wings. :furious:

Cth
04-05-2005, 06:42 AM

Yup. It's like the 90s all over again :)

And wasn't the Batmobile HEAVY?

Jono
04-05-2005, 06:43 AM
Lava Vader is the shit. The rest look so-so. I like Dooku's articulation. They should have advertised it With Severed Hands Action!

Cth
04-05-2005, 06:47 AM
Lava Vader is the shit. The rest look so-so. I like Dooku's articulation. They should have advertised it With Severed Hands Action!

Too bad it doesn't have..decapitated head action also..

JayPee
04-05-2005, 07:05 AM
you bastards! i clicked those things!

anyways, i bought like three figures, two of them exclusives, but the other was a clone trooper i opened. i agree with Cth that the articulation on this figure rocks. he's got a long gun and a short one. and you can totally position the long gun to fit in both hands, so he totally looks like he's aiming it.

i think i'm mostly going to be sticking to the clone troopers for this series of figures.

Georgie
04-05-2005, 07:54 AM
Well, for the first time in my life I'm not opening the figures. They just look so damn pretty uip on my wall. I really like the Spinning Attack Yoda, the Vader, and the #1 Obi Wan. I'm still waiting on my Aayla in the mail.

AAlgar
04-05-2005, 07:58 AM

*sigh*

There should not be a bright orange "litter pickup" Batman. :?

Bandit Chimera
04-05-2005, 07:59 AM
Well, for the first time in my life I'm not opening the figures. They just look so damn pretty uip on my wall. I really like the Spinning Attack Yoda, the Vader, and the #1 Obi Wan. I'm still waiting on my Aayla in the mail.

I haven't opened a star wars figure sine i was a baby lol (unless you count the one copy of Jar jar i bought so that i could cut his head off)

anywho i have alot of unopened figures

and im still trying to get the two special release figures from this new wave.

That and im looking for cool figures to get from this wave as well.

Georgie
04-05-2005, 08:12 AM
*sigh*

There should not be a bright orange "litter pickup" Batman. :?

I always called him "hunting season" Batman.

Bandit Chimera
04-05-2005, 09:04 AM

how bad are the new Batman toys? anybody got pictures ?

I've always hated the way the toys never reflect the movies and have super lame stuff bats would never use in the comic or the movies/tv shows

Jim.
04-05-2005, 09:12 AM
I picked up Grevious and one of this bodygurads, I plan on picking up about 7 more. Vader, The Emperor, a clone trooper, the fucked up Anakin, Dooku, and a couple more I can't remember off the top of my head.

Bandit Chimera
04-05-2005, 09:13 AM
New question. I know there was mixed reactions on the Lava Vader (some like it some think its sucky. Most important i still need one lol) But what do you guys and gals think of the Holo Yoda?

I personally have mixed feelings about it. While he looks kinda cool i dunno about the holo look. I got the cereal top Anakin back a few years ago. Is it cooler than that ? i'd hope so cause i was disapointed in that.

Jim.
04-05-2005, 09:15 AM
New question. I know there was mixed reactions on the Lava Vader (some like it some think its sucky. Most important i still need one lol) But what do you guys and gals think of the Holo Yoda?

I personally have mixed feelings about it. While he looks kinda cool i dunno about the holo look. I got the cereal top Anakin back a few years ago. Is it cooler than that ? i'd hope so cause i was disapointed in that.
You can buy one at www.target.com

Raphael J
04-05-2005, 09:15 AM
I bought Tyrannus, Vader, Grievous, Clone Trooper, Kit Fisto, and Aayla. They're all pretty cool. All but Vader have great articulation (very disappointed with Vader actually. He's cool, but you can't move him around too much). I hope on buying some more Clone Troopers and more Jedi Knights. No interest in the Emperor's old ass just yet.

Bandit Chimera
04-05-2005, 09:23 AM
You can buy one at www.target.com

Well when they rerelease it in a few weeks yeah prolly. Right now all you can do at target is put it on your wishlist and wait for a email from them saying they got them in again.

(i know this cause i've been there already and thats the response i got when i tried to buy one)

But what of holo yoda? does anyone like it ?

lovewillkill
04-05-2005, 10:59 AM
So far I've got 3 Clone Troopers, Vader, the lava Vader, the holo Yoda, Padme, Mon Mothma, 2 red Royal Guards, Anakin-to-Vader changeroo thingy, Chewie, Grievous (4 sabers), 3PO, the Clone Commander, Emperor Palpy, regular Palpy, Dooku and mebbe a few others. I'm mostly trying to get the ones I see very few of on the shelves.

Still trying to find me an ARC-170 ship, too.

lwk

FredC
04-05-2005, 11:08 AM
See, this is something of a dilemma for me... I want to buy some of these figures, but I also want to buy that Batman Year One hardcover... not enough cash for both (very limited budget), and I wan't both so bad... plus this'll be my last chance to get in on the Star Wars figure collecting again before the hype dies down... and hype is when its best...

Anyone know how long that Batman Year One hardcover is going to be out?

Bandit Chimera
04-05-2005, 11:14 AM
i dunno i just got the softcover fer a birthday present so i dunno bout the hardcover

DSkogstad
04-05-2005, 11:22 AM
The DC website says the Batman Year One hardcover will be out next week.

FredC
04-05-2005, 01:12 PM
The DC website says the Batman Year One hardcover will be out next week.

Well, I'm just wondering if they'll keep it in print, or if its a limited thing that'll only be out so long. I want it in hardcover... but I also want some SW figures... and this is my last chance to geek out with something like this...

lovewillkill
04-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Well, I'm just wondering if they'll keep it in print, or if its a limited thing that'll only be out so long. I want it in hardcover... but I also want some SW figures... and this is my last chance to geek out with something like this...

Go with the Year One HC. One thing I've learned from Eps I and II is that the figures of the main characters end up on shelves for a long, long time.

lwk

FredC
04-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Go with the Year One HC. One thing I've learned from Eps I and II is that the figures of the main characters end up on shelves for a long, long time.

lwk

Thats true... and there are going to be 20 different General Grievous' out soon, so who knows? Although... they're both so tempting... i'm going to Target tonight. If they have a Lava Vader, (which i'm not counting on) I will have to buy that... just have to. Otherwise... who knows... just too tempting...

Bandit Chimera
04-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Thats true... and there are going to be 20 different General Grievous' out soon, so who knows? Although... they're both so tempting... i'm going to Target tonight. If they have a Lava Vader, (which i'm not counting on) I will have to buy that... just have to. Otherwise... who knows... just too tempting...

lol if they had two i'd buy the second off you lol ...

Seriously though im looking at some of the jedi's just to have cause they look kinda cool

(and sooner or later i'll get a lava vader and a holo yoda...prolly later than sooner)