PDA

View Full Version : My First Job Application

Daniel K.
11-18-2005, 01:00 PM
So I picked up an application for a new movie theater today, and I've never done this before. I've filled out most everything, but there's one part that's bugging me. It asks for my "Wage desired", and I don't know what to put.

So, anyone wanna help?

GelfXIII
11-18-2005, 01:15 PM
500k per year plus 50% of the house gross is probably fair.

Justin.Strange
11-18-2005, 01:19 PM
dude, how old are you? how much experience do ya have?

but it doesnt matter. unless your hot hot shit, they're probably gonna give you around 6.50 - 7 an hour...

wh park
11-18-2005, 01:20 PM
Put in - "minimum wage and a wench of my choosing"

GelfXIII
11-18-2005, 01:20 PM
dude, how old are you? how much experience do ya have?

but it doesnt matter. unless your hot hot shit, they're probably gonna give you around 6.50 - 7 an hour...
Well, yeah, but never undervaue yourself. Ask for the moon, then listen to their offer.

Victor Cabanelas
11-18-2005, 01:21 PM
You should know what does a person on that work earns. If you donīt, remember to do your homework before applying to a new job and leave it blank. If they ask you why you did that, say that (and this is just a guess of your situation) you donīt have that much experience and donīt want to embarass yourself

james michael
11-18-2005, 01:22 PM
7 bucks an hour...

Justin.Strange
11-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Well, yeah, but never undervaue yourself. Ask for the moon, then listen to their offer.

very true. thats why ya gotta fool them into thinking you are indeed the shit so they'll give you a million dollars, some spinner rims, and mad bitches...

Scottie
11-18-2005, 01:24 PM
As a manager at a movie theater, I can assure you that they won't really care what you write.

Matt Jay
11-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Be sure to list what level you have attained on any MMORPG. Employers look for that stuff.

Daniel K.
11-18-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm 17 and I have zero experience. For the posisition desired I put "Any". I'm thinking about doing the leave it blank thing... maybe.

Daniel K.
11-18-2005, 01:26 PM
As a manager at a movie theater, I can assure you that they won't really care what you write.

Cool.

GelfXIII
11-18-2005, 01:27 PM
Concessions suck. Every piece of clothes you own will smell like fake popcorn butter.

Usher is not as bad, but you gotta clean up a lot of gross shit in the seats between shows.

Best job at the theater is the projectionist. Those guys always think they're hot shit.

Sean Jackson
11-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Put 'negotiable'. And make them state the first number.

Justin.Strange
11-18-2005, 01:28 PM

thats why you attach a copy of your resume to the application. makes you looks more impressive and important verus just handing in the same damned thing with the same damned answers everybody does...

Scottie
11-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Best job at the theater is the projectionist. Those guys always think they're hot shit.

That's 'cause we are.

Scottie
11-18-2005, 01:30 PM
thats why you attach a copy of your resume to the application. makes you looks more impressive and important verus just handing in the same damned thing with the same damned answers everybody does...
Yeah... except... he's 17. He'll be serving popcorn no matter how impressive his application looks. Especially if its a big theater--this is a busy ass season for the movies and they'll want as many people as they can get.

Daniel K.
11-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Concessions suck. Every piece of clothes you own will smell like fake popcorn butter.

Usher is not as bad, but you gotta clean up a lot of gross shit in the seats between shows.

I'm pretty sure projectionist would be what I'd want the most, but I'm not going to be too picky, as I'm a poor high school student who really needs a job.

Scottie
11-18-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm pretty sure projectionist would be what I'd want the most, but I'm not going to be too picky, as I'm a poor high school student who really needs a job.

Is it a Regal/United Artists/Edwards theater? Cause if so... projection is out of the question, it's for management only.

Daniel K.
11-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Is it a Regal/United Artists/Edwards theater? Cause if so... projection is out of the question, it's for management only.

Rave Motion Pictures.