PDA

View Full Version : OK!! I confess...

ihategravity
11-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Since the American version of the Office has started, I've not said a GOOD thing about it; in fact, I've bashed it.

I've watched it for 2 weeks in a row, and although I have not laughed, I have smirked at the cleverness of it. And Steve Carrell makes me want to punch him, and kick his ass "Office Space" style like they did to that copier.

I'm almost starting to like this show.
There! Are you people fucking happy now?

Criden
11-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Not really. It's very funny. ;)

Jim.
11-16-2005, 03:19 PM
I have never seen the BBC office therefore THIS is the only The Office.

kubiak
11-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Try not to compare the two. They really are quite different. Liking the American version doesn't diminsh the BBC version.

ihategravity
11-16-2005, 03:22 PM
I have never seen the BBC office therefore THIS is the only The Office.

I've not seen the BBC Office either. But I went from detesting this show to actually been able to bear it to actually liking it.

Does this make me cool now?

gaspar
11-16-2005, 03:39 PM
I hadn't seen the BBC version until after watching the first season DVD and few weeks of season 2 of the US one. I borrowed all of the DVDs from a friend and watched the BBC Series 1 completely and don't like it nearly as much. It's funny, but I just have no sympathy for the boss on the BBC one...he's just a total prick whereas Michael is more of a funny, clueless asshole than an actual "I hate this guy" asshole.

Roman Noodles
11-16-2005, 03:40 PM
The BBC version is better . . . but this one isn't bad.

RODGER
11-16-2005, 03:47 PM
this could be the best comedy on tv right now
next to family guy that is....

gaspar
11-16-2005, 03:49 PM
My Name is Earl & The Office is by far the funniest hour on TV right now.

Genius J
11-16-2005, 03:57 PM
My Name is Earl is an okay show to watch, but it's not exactly "funny". Not the "laugh-out-loud" kind, anyway. Maybe more of the "kinda-almost-crack-a-smile" kind.

MattJohnson
11-16-2005, 04:00 PM
My Name is Earl & The Office is by far the funniest hour on TV right now.

I agree, but there's not a lot of competition ;)

And I was the same way with the Yankee Office (that never gets less dirty-sounding)--I dismissed it outright because I figured it couldn't possibly compare to the British one. But since it is on after My Name Is Earl, I finally ended up giving it a chance, and it wasn't bad at all. I now enjoy it regularly, even though I still think it's nowhere near as good as the British one.